Sweetgum condition

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

I would like to add a general comment. It is obvious more course are in better shape than they were a few short months ago.

It is obvious there is work going on to make most better.

Last week the courses we played had considerable numbers of obvious brown spots.....weed were being killed.

Greens are in much better shape. And there is even evidence of grass at differing cut levels.

So to me it appears the new management of course maintenance is in fact making a difference....signs of progress all around....takes time.....the intentions of continuous improvement seem apparent for now.

Now if we could get the entitled and the indifferent to sand their divots, fix their ball marks, rake the bunkers and play ready golf.....there would be even more improvement.....
Old 09-28-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I would like to add a general comment. It is obvious more course are in better shape than they were a few short months ago.

It is obvious there is work going on to make most better.

Last week the courses we played had considerable numbers of obvious brown spots.....weed were being killed.

Greens are in much better shape. And there is even evidence of grass at differing cut levels.

So to me it appears the new management of course maintenance is in fact making a difference....signs of progress all around....takes time.....the intentions of continuous improvement seem apparent for now.

Now if we could get the entitled and the indifferent to sand their divots, fix their ball marks, rake the bunkers and play ready golf.....there would be even more improvement.....
Just remember this post in the future when the snowbirds destroy everything. Your previous posts about the courses were pretty critical and pretty much the exact the opposite of what you are saying now.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:11 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Please rake the bunkers. Fix a ball mark. Everyone benefits.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
Just remember this post in the future when the snowbirds destroy everything. Your previous posts about the courses were pretty critical and pretty much the exact the opposite of what you are saying now.
Judging by the reports from all year rounders during the 'quiet season' the snowbird destruction of courses is just a continuation of the norm.
Wife and I have played these courses for 20+ years, and we have played with all and sundry, and snowbirds believe me, are no worse than 'all year rounders' regarding lack of etiquette.
If you want to discuss pressure of numbers of players on course conditions, feel free, but to make a claim that snowbirds destroy courses is just your prejudice and pure BS!
Old 09-29-2019, 07:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Everything that goes wrong in TVs is the snowbirds fault... really????
Old 09-29-2019, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
......because now I do see the improvements and the work in process for more!!!!!!

Most golf courses we frequented up north and elsewhere, always were fully booked. The volume of play is not the issue.

How the courses are maintained is the major and lack of responsible players is the other....those who do not fill/fix their divots, fix ball marks on the greens and all our favorite.....do not rake the bunkers and most certainly never ever play ready golf!! Yes an increased number of these folks does take it's toll.
Closed Thread

Tags
sweetgum, dry, bare, busier, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.