Sweetgum Executive Course

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Sage

Why don't they at least experiment on 2 greens? I would set up a temp on the par four and close down 3. It's very short anyway. Try giving one green extra water and the other extra water and chemicals. It will have very little impact on the golfers.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Gold member

There is a complete lack of leadership and expertise at the top end of the golf division. The men at the top got their positions by the who you know not what you know method. Profits are large so why try something different. We keep playing these sub-par golf courses,tee times are pretty full, and the money rolls in. I also will venture a guess that no one in the Morse family plays golf.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
There is a complete lack of leadership and expertise at the top end of the golf division. The men at the top got their positions by the who you know not what you know method. Profits are large so why try something different. We keep playing these sub-par golf courses,tee times are pretty full, and the money rolls in. I also will venture a guess that no one in the Morse family plays golf.
Liv like a millionaire on your retirement savings" Free golf for the rest of your life" Oh you may want to read the footnotes
Old 06-16-2015, 06:09 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

I love Sweetgum! I hope it is better by October.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:51 AM
Gold member

Someone call a few whaaaambulances...it is apparent that lack of turf grass management knowledge is causing an upswing in old curmudgeons....
Old 06-16-2015, 10:23 PM

Sweetgum is supposed to be closed in August according to the schedule. The greens are pretty sad. Really nothing for the ball to slow down on. More like a pitch & more roll!!
Old 06-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Off My List

I hope they do close Sweetgum and "let it get better". It's a nice layout, but I've taken it off my list, even if it is open. All nine greens are mostly dirt.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Someone call a few whaaaambulances...it is apparent that lack of turf grass management knowledge is causing an upswing in old curmudgeons....
That's hilarious. Probably the same ones that **** and moan every couple of weeks about course conditions and their inability to hit their driver off the deck 80 yards to the green due to tight lies.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Gold member
Default Can't disagree....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
I hope they do close Sweetgum and "let it get better". It's a nice layout, but I've taken it off my list, even if it is open. All nine greens are mostly dirt.
on my way to a one under there on Thursday it's impossible to fix ball marks with a tool as it's just dirt, sand and a few strands of grass...still putted pretty well though...give it time...lots of time...
Old 09-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Gold member

Played Sweetgum twice (1st week in Sept)in the last week and the green situation has improved 90%....there are still some areas that are deadish near the green perimeter, but they now have grass(first time in 2 years)and putt very well...well done course super....
Old 09-28-2015, 05:24 AM
Gold member

Played here on 9/27/2015...what a great turn around...the greens were just fine, but do have these strange pits in them...almost like unrepaired pitchmarks, but either to big or small to be such...-2 from the golds...
Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Don't Complain

We shouldn't complain to much about what we dislike about the Villages Executive golf courses, they're FREE to play. We could go back where we came from & pay everytime we play or don't play the Executive courses, play the Championship course & then at least your 30 or $40. green fees will pay for part of your complaining. Personally I feel privileged to play for FREE. I could think of a lot of other things to complain about The Villages besides of all the activities we get!
Old 09-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

I don't think folks are complaining. This thread was set up so that golfers could give updates on particular course conditions. I don't look at that as complaining...just sharing their experiences.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Gold member
Default Oh jeez....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
We shouldn't complain to much about what we dislike about the Villages Executive golf courses, they're FREE to play. We could go back where we came from & pay everytime we play or don't play the Executive courses, play the Championship course & then at least your 30 or $40. green fees will pay for part of your complaining. Personally I feel privileged to play for FREE. I could think of a lot of other things to complain about The Villages besides of all the activities we get!
they aren't FREE! You pay for them monthly and while I really do enjoy them immensely I know we are charged for them through the monthly activities fee....

I don't feel privileged as I worked very hard and chose to come here to live...I earned it and don't mind paying the pittance it does cost to play the execs...

Complaining? So if someone passes info on course conditions it's complaining? I guess if I notice you have a flat tire I'll not mention it...wouldn't want to complain about your cars condition...the course conditions are passed on to inform people in case they don't wish to play a course going through problems or maintenance...if you see that as a complaint then you don't understand *shrug*
Old 09-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
they aren't FREE! You pay for them monthly and while I really do enjoy them immensely I know we are charged for them through the monthly activities fee....

I don't feel privileged as I worked very hard and chose to come here to live...I earned it and don't mind paying the pittance it does cost to play the execs...

Complaining? So if someone passes info on course conditions it's complaining? I guess if I notice you have a flat tire I'll not mention it...wouldn't want to complain about your cars condition...the course conditions are passed on to inform people in case they don't wish to play a course going through problems or maintenance...if you see that as a complaint then you don't understand *shrug*

I just watched the news, and the meteorologist informed me of the upcoming weather---he must be complaining
But then again I watched for free---oops, forgot the cable bill

And then there could be a secondary gain---If people reading TOTV stay away from a course with poor conditions, it may get less play and a chance to recover
Closed Thread

Tags
sweetgum, horrible, conditins, maintenance, extended, note, re-opened, volusia, positive, greens, today, played, ambassador, closing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.