Volusia Executive Course

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2015, 07:47 AM
Default Landfill Next to Volusia Executive Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy;113***9
Today, we smelled it on the entire hole 1 and hole 2, plus hole 3 tee box. Then not again until we were back on holes 8 and 9, just down the hill from 1 and 2. It must be coming from just over the wooded hill, with the "no trespassing" signs on the fence.
This forum was created and is maintained as a repository of golf course conditions posted by fellow golfers. I find it useful when deciding what courses to include in a tee-request. That said, "smell" is a condition but rather than speculate on this forum as the the source, possible hazards, etc., look it up.

Next to Volusia is a landfill that was reopened in Feb. 2015 to accommodate construction debris (i.e., concrete, wall board, etc.). You may read the "Operating Permit" for this site at
http://sumtercountyfl.gov/AgendaCent...8?fileID=12651
If you believe it is operating outside it's permit limits, contact the authorities. Posting on this forum will achieve nothing.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddharrold View Post
This forum was created and is maintained as a repository of golf course conditions posted by fellow golfers. I find it useful when deciding what courses to include in a tee-request. That said, "smell" is a condition but rather than speculate on this forum as the the source, possible hazards, etc., look it up.

Next to Volusia is a landfill that was reopened in Feb. 2015 to accommodate construction debris (i.e., concrete, wall board, etc.). You may read the "Operating Permit" for this site at
http://sumtercountyfl.gov/AgendaCent...8?fileID=12651
If you believe it is operating outside it's permit limits, contact the authorities. Posting on this forum will achieve nothing.
If you want to restrict this thread to course conditions, then I'll point out that it's hard to stick a tee into the ground. How's that?
Old 10-24-2015, 07:00 PM

Played this afternoon, stench was bad and greens were hard as a rock..
Closed Thread

Tags
shots, high, shape, fine, soft, coup, backspin, beau, hold, rolling, greens, played, today, smooth, fairly, stimp, fastperhaps, volusia

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.