Walnut Grove conditions

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2021, 06:23 AM
Default Walnut Grove conditions

I played Walnut Grove yesterday, and was very pleased at the condition of the greens. While there appears to be some top dressing left to work it's way in, I found the greens to be in great condition. While I haven't played near all the execs, this course was miles ahead of any of the others I have played. If any on this thread have suggestions on other well maintained executive courses I'd love to hear it. TIA.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppman View Post
I played Walnut Grove yesterday, and was very pleased at the condition of the greens. While there appears to be some top dressing left to work it's way in, I found the greens to be in great condition. While I haven't played near all the execs, this course was miles ahead of any of the others I have played. If any on this thread have suggestions on other well maintained executive courses I'd love to hear it. TIA.
Yankee Clipper is always good.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:46 AM

Walnut Grove is in the best condition of any Executive Course I’ve played. In fact it’s as good as any Championship in the area. Great job to that grounds crew.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:22 AM

I wonder why some courses are always in good shape and others not. Walnut Grove and Briarwood always seem to be good. Why can't they all be like that??
Old 03-02-2021, 01:51 PM

All of the four courses in that area are in great shape. Walnut Grove, Briarwood, Amberwood, and Oakleigh. The Churchill Greens courses are shot. Hawkes Bay and Saddlebrook are shot. Heron and Pelican are shot. Stay up North.
Closed Thread

Tags
played, walnut, grove, greens, condition

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.