It's The Food. Can The Food Alone Be The Fix?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 02-14-2020, 07:25 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default It's The Food. Can The Food Alone Be The Fix?

Most of my inspiration into wellness has been inspired by my own mother who lived most of her life, fat, sick, tired, and angry.....which is why I made that the title of my book.

She is very fair skinned and always had rosacea, chronic acute acne, was 75 pounds overweight, and she was depressed.

I always say, the fat is more than the fat.

She wasn't a good mother, as she came from work and went straight up to her room for the night, hung out alone, never cooked dinner, never socialized, never checked out homework.

She had no idea that in the first week at my new school in 2nd grade, that they put me in 3rd grade until months down the road she noticed I had Math 3, and Spelling 3 books etc.

Most of my childhood I thought she hated me because she barely ever interacted with me.

Knowing what I know now about how much food choices affect health and especially mental health, we could have had an entirely different life together. She never sought out functional medicine root cause solutions to her problems.

It was always a "pill for an ill".

I love Mike's testimonial about how just changing his food cleared up a LIFETIME of issues he had.

It's always the food.

We are not medically defective but look at how many years of his life no doctor could help him with their magic pills and creams.

All he did was change his menu.

From Mike:

"I used to have terrible skin problems — psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, rosacea, acne, and probably more yet.

I've gone through my entire adult life with my skin red, inflamed, itchy, burning and painful, crusty, oozing, bloody, and peeling off like a zombie.

And that's just the visible part that I can show in pictures.

I had terrible digestive issues, with constant upset stomachs, acid reflux, belching, gas pains, etc.; congestion issues with constant coughing and gasping and choking, runny nose and post-nasal drip, always drowning in snot; arthritis making everything hurt and difficult to do; and frequent Temporal Lobe Epilepsy seizures.

And so much more ... I can see now all the signs I had of insulin resistance, pre-diabetes, and early metabolic disorder.

These health issues were ruining my quality of life.

I finally figured out that it was all interrelated, all came from chronic inflammatory autoimmune responses rooted in the way I was eating, and could all be treated by cutting certain foods out of my diet.

Once I did that, all these issues basically disappeared.

I've been eating for my gut health now for 17 months now, and I'm experiencing my best health of my life.

P.S. The "before" picture is from when I was around 38, and the "after" picture is me now at 51. I don't have a lot of good "before" pictures. I used to avoid having my picture taken, and used to use various means to hide my skin problems in pictures."

Amazing.

I also have few photos from my 30's and early 40's because I would never allow my picture to be taken when I had acne and dull skin and was fat.

We as a society are accepting pathology as normal, and living on meds as normal, and many conditions just chalked up "growing older".

Mike doesn't look like he's aged a day from the pic on the left.

Is anyone living with conditions that are only being managed but not really helped?

First question to ask yourself is:
How's your energy?
How is your temperament & brain function?
How's your sleep?
How are you bowel movements?
How is your digestion?

Because when these are working, so is your gut health.

Even the slightest gas, bloating, indigestion, and discomfort indicates there is a bacterial imbalance, and unless cleared up, piles up like garbage in a can....which leads to metabolic & body disfunction.

If what I write interests you, be sure to attend my workshops in April.
The first step is to assess your metabolic health and the totality of all your symptoms.
Attached Thumbnails
screen-shot-2020-02-14-6-54-46-am-jpg  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It's amazing what good lighting, optimal circumstances, plastic surgery to remove moles, and a good retouch artist can do to improve the features of someone who WAS sweating their butts off in the "before" picture and is now calm, cool, and collected (and probably in an air conditioned building) in the "after" picture.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:12 AM

If I was 75 lbs overweight I would feel like crap, sluggish and depressed. Eating a healthy diet in moderation is a no brainer IMHO.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiannaMiceli View Post
Most of my inspiration into wellness has been inspired by my own mother who lived most of her life, fat, sick, tired, and angry.....which is why I made that the title of my book.

She is very fair skinned and always had rosacea, chronic acute acne, was 75 pounds overweight, and she was depressed.

I always say, the fat is more than the fat.

She wasn't a good mother, as she came from work and went straight up to her room for the night, hung out alone, never cooked dinner, never socialized, never checked out homework.

She had no idea that in the first week at my new school in 2nd grade, that they put me in 3rd grade until months down the road she noticed I had Math 3, and Spelling 3 books etc.

Most of my childhood I thought she hated me because she barely ever interacted with me.

Knowing what I know now about how much food choices affect health and especially mental health, we could have had an entirely different life together. She never sought out functional medicine root cause solutions to her problems.

It was always a "pill for an ill".

I love Mike's testimonial about how just changing his food cleared up a LIFETIME of issues he had.

It's always the food.

We are not medically defective but look at how many years of his life no doctor could help him with their magic pills and creams.

All he did was change his menu.

From Mike:

"I used to have terrible skin problems — psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, rosacea, acne, and probably more yet.

I've gone through my entire adult life with my skin red, inflamed, itchy, burning and painful, crusty, oozing, bloody, and peeling off like a zombie.

And that's just the visible part that I can show in pictures.

I had terrible digestive issues, with constant upset stomachs, acid reflux, belching, gas pains, etc.; congestion issues with constant coughing and gasping and choking, runny nose and post-nasal drip, always drowning in snot; arthritis making everything hurt and difficult to do; and frequent Temporal Lobe Epilepsy seizures.

And so much more ... I can see now all the signs I had of insulin resistance, pre-diabetes, and early metabolic disorder.

These health issues were ruining my quality of life.

I finally figured out that it was all interrelated, all came from chronic inflammatory autoimmune responses rooted in the way I was eating, and could all be treated by cutting certain foods out of my diet.

Once I did that, all these issues basically disappeared.

I've been eating for my gut health now for 17 months now, and I'm experiencing my best health of my life.

P.S. The "before" picture is from when I was around 38, and the "after" picture is me now at 51. I don't have a lot of good "before" pictures. I used to avoid having my picture taken, and used to use various means to hide my skin problems in pictures."

Amazing.

I also have few photos from my 30's and early 40's because I would never allow my picture to be taken when I had acne and dull skin and was fat.

We as a society are accepting pathology as normal, and living on meds as normal, and many conditions just chalked up "growing older".

Mike doesn't look like he's aged a day from the pic on the left.

Is anyone living with conditions that are only being managed but not really helped?

First question to ask yourself is:
How's your energy?
How is your temperament & brain function?
How's your sleep?
How are you bowel movements?
How is your digestion?

Because when these are working, so is your gut health.

Even the slightest gas, bloating, indigestion, and discomfort indicates there is a bacterial imbalance, and unless cleared up, piles up like garbage in a can....which leads to metabolic & body disfunction.

If what I write interests you, be sure to attend my workshops in April.
The first step is to assess your metabolic health and the totality of all your symptoms.

Ms. Miceli, I think your assessments of your life with your mom are VERY sad. My mind would go to many reasons other than food.

I find your conclusions on health or lack of it a little too pat.

Do you now live here? I ask again, where will you hold these meetings? I doubt at one of our rec centers...……….
Old 02-14-2020, 12:53 PM
Sage

This is getting a little (lot?) ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
This is getting a little (lot?) ridiculous.
She's tenacious that's for sure..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-15-2020, 07:58 AM

I don't like that anyone uses this platform to advertise their own business. That is not what this is for. I would even recommend that folks NOT go to someone who does that.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
I don't like that anyone uses this platform to advertise their own business. That is not what this is for. I would even recommend that folks NOT go to someone who does that.
She has PAID for the advertising. That is what it means to be a "sponsor".

I think at this point it has done more harm than good for this advertiser. I am rather pleased we are allowed to speak our mind about paid advertisers.

We are an astute bunch of folks, most of us.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
Especially in the HEALTHCARE directory when their business is (supposedly) the beauty business, encouraging people to NOT seek out doctors and instead read their book and attend seminars on how to get rid of actual medicine.

It's fraud, it's scam, it's hoax, it's incorrect, it can be dangerous to anyone who might be easily swayed by fear tactics.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:40 AM
Default Pt barnum

Coming from Connecticut and having visited the PT Barnum museum in Bridgeport. It’s understandable how showmen-ship sells tickets.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:13 AM

Pleeeeease! Let's not make "talk of the villages" a place to hawk your wares
(ads for what you're selling)!
Old 02-15-2020, 12:04 PM

This constant advertising from her is getting very annoying- almost to the point of wanting to stop using this site! How sad- one obnoxious person can ruin it for all.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:16 PM

Where is your health seminar in April. What is the topic. Is there a cost.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:48 PM

It really is the food. It all starts with food. So many people live to eat instead of eat to live. Obesity is a grave public health threat, more serious even than the opioid epidemic. It is linked to chronic diseases including type 2 diabetes, hyperlipidemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and cancer. Americans are eating too much of the wrong foods and moving too little. I can't fault anyone who is passionate about trying to do something about this epidemic. And, I think the world of doctors. I have many friends who are physicians. But, what I do know is this: Nutrition education during medical school is highly lacking. “The average number of hours has actually declined to 19 hours. That means this is not keeping up with the recognition that so much obesity and cardiovascular disease is linked to poor nutrition and poor diet quality,” Aspry said. 19 hours over the course of 4 YEARS!!!!!! Already, we possess all the information needed to eradicate atherosclerotic disease, which is our number-one killer while being virtually nonexistent in populations who consume plant-based diets. Some of the world’s most renowned cardiovascular pathologists have stated we just need to get our cholesterol low enough in order to not only prevent—but also reverse—the disease in more than 80% of patients. We can open up arteries without drugs and surgery, and stabilize or improve blood flow in 99% of those who choose to eat healthily and clean up their bad habits. We can essentially eliminate our risk of having a heart attack even in the most advanced cases of heart disease.

Despite this, medical students aren’t even taught these concepts while they’re in school. Instead, the focus is on cutting people open, which frequently provides only symptomatic relief because we’re not treating the actual cause of the disease. Fixing medical education is the solution to this travesty. Knowledge of nutrition can help doctors eradicate the world’s leading killer.

A poor diet was tied to nearly half of U.S. deaths from heart disease, stroke and Type 2 diabetes in 2012, found a study published last year in the Journal of the American Medical Association(link opens in new window). “This is a huge problem,” Aspry said.
Sorry. This is also a big soapbox of mine.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie720 View Post
It really is the food. It all starts with food. So many people live to eat instead of eat to live. [snip]
This is such a cliche, and it's a hyperbolic meme.

It assumes that there are only two possible options: eat to live, or live to eat.

There are millions of people who eat, AND select things they can enjoy eating, and aren't eating to live OR living to eat.

Those are two extremes, and there is a huge variety between each end.

If my only option to combat obesity was to only eat to live, I'd probably prefer to be obese. Thankfully I'm not obese, and thankfully if I was, "eat to live" isn't my only option to good health.

Tags
health, life, issues, food, skin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.