It's The Food. Can The Food Alone Be The Fix?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 02-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Original Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
This is such a cliche, and it's a hyperbolic meme.

It assumes that there are only two possible options: eat to live, or live to eat.

There are millions of people who eat, AND select things they can enjoy eating, and aren't eating to live OR living to eat.

Those are two extremes, and there is a huge variety between each end.

If my only option to combat obesity was to only eat to live, I'd probably prefer to be obese. Thankfully I'm not obese, and thankfully if I was, "eat to live" isn't my only option to good health.
Luckily, I actually can eat to live with foods that are delicious!!!!!! And, that doesn’t mean I don’t ever eat foods that aren’t so great for me, meaning, I know how they will make me feel, but I still decide to eat it anyway....from where I am sitting, I know how certain foods affect me and I really have to choose to eat to live. We are the fattest country in the world...so, it’s a little obvious that way too many people are simply living to eat. I have also seen first hand this from people I love....obesity, heart disease, heart attacks and death, and that’s my choice....to eat to live the best possible life I can have, health wise. Have a great day!!!!

Last edited by sophie720; 02-15-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne0812 View Post
Where is your health seminar in April. What is the topic. Is there a cost.
Many of us want to know this information; especially where the seminar is being held.
I assume it will be held at a Rec Center in The Villages.
Will there be a cost to attend?
Old 02-15-2020, 04:39 PM
Platinum member
Default Seminar(s) will be held at ??

It probably won't be at a rec center. I doubt the Recreation Dept. would sanction a profit-motivated activity like this one. Anyway, the OP would want non-Villagers to be able to attend.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:16 PM
Gold member

Believe me, this lady is NOT good for your overall health or bank balance.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:07 AM

Thanks Gianna for your interesting article..when and where in April will you have your workshop..
Old 02-16-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.

Before I spend time and/or money to attend any seminar I review the presenter's curriculum vitae to establish whether they are truly knowledgable about the subject to be offered.

With regard to diet and nutrition I would hope the presenter held at least a PhD in the topic, perhaps an MD as well, and had conducted research in nutrition for many years.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 02-16-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:32 AM
Gold member

These ladies who sell these wonder courses, are usually gym fit, good looking,and have all the smooth spiel of an evangelist.
Remember the Fonda Stuff years ago. That all fell apart when the plastic surgeon was unveiled.
Also reminds me of the anti ageing cream adverts on tv.
Models about 35yo without a line on their faces, smoothing the latest obscure plant based 'Miracle Cream' on.
Lets shove it on my 80+yo face and see what miracle of anti ageing it can perform.
Snake oil comes to mind with all these claims!
Old 02-16-2020, 10:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
This constant advertising from her is getting very annoying- almost to the point of wanting to stop using this site! How sad- one obnoxious person can ruin it for all.
Do you have a compulsion to read all the posts?
Old 02-16-2020, 11:03 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Before I spend time and/or money to attend any seminar I review the presenter's curriculum vitae to establish whether they are truly knowledgable about the subject to be offered.

With regard to diet and nutrition I would hope the presenter held at least a PhD in the topic, perhaps an MD as well, and had conducted research in nutrition for many years.
She has neither a PhD, nor an MD. She doesn't even have a BS in any science, and in fact, no college education at all according to her own website, vlog, blog, youtube, and other websites she's posted her bio on. As far as renown, she has none. She doesn't even have a wikipedia entry.

So she is a former hair extensions stylist with no formal education in anything related to nutrition, diet, biology, physiology, or any other science, who wrote a book based on her "searches" for anything that would corroborate her choice to distrust and avoid actual doctors with degrees and education in science.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
She has neither a PhD, nor an MD. She doesn't even have a BS in any science, and in fact, no college education at all according to her own website, vlog, blog, youtube, and other websites she's posted her bio on. As far as renown, she has none. She doesn't even have a wikipedia entry.

So she is a former hair extensions stylist with no formal education in anything related to nutrition, diet, biology, physiology, or any other science, who wrote a book based on her "searches" for anything that would corroborate her choice to distrust and avoid actual doctors with degrees and education in science.
My barber is great at cutting my hair but if I paid him for nutritional advise I would really get clipped!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-16-2020, 03:18 PM

She sounds like an anti-vax-er! Just eat more blueberries and you won't get polio. Good luck with that!
Old 02-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidget72 View Post
Thanks Gianna for your interesting article..when and where in April will you have your workshop..
Suspicious post. "Gidget" is possibly a friend? Or maybe the OP herself?
Old 02-16-2020, 07:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Suspicious post. "Gidget" is possibly a friend? Or maybe the OP herself?
It was a first post. lol

Old 02-16-2020, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
This constant advertising from her is getting very annoying- almost to the point of wanting to stop using this site! How sad- one obnoxious person can ruin it for all.

While her self-promotion and use of sponsorship on TOTV to make money is obvious, there is also...a just as obvious solution.

Ignore her...and her posts.

Pretty simple really.

Tags
health, life, issues, food, skin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.