The Beauty School in TV.

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

Sorry Nonie,

I couldn't help myself!

I have "Special Hair" too, as my stylist says more product!

Halle
Old 10-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikitv View Post
I had a pedicure and manicure there. Pedicure was fine but not what I am use to. The manicure was okay but I had a split in my nail, that needed to be glued. NO GLUE!! So of course my nail broke. For the price the manicure was fine. The Noise was unbelievable in there. No way to relax with a manicure and they really don't inspect the work. The teacher came by looked at removal of polish and signed the paper work for the student. Back to the noise: I wear a hearing aid and even with it turned almost completely off it was so noisy. I would rather pay a little more and enjoy my pedicure so I am relaxed. Just MHO
What pedicure place are you used to? Any one you can suggest?

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Halle;298776]

[/QUOTE

Bare, you are being so kind by calling my hair special, and you even cracked Halle up!!! you have a way with words!

Lets tell it like it is! It is a nappy, , frizz ball and should be chopped off to the scalp! But its me and Ive grown rather fond of it over the years. Wait until you see me in my new funky wig!!!!! LOL!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Gold member
Default The Beauty School at T.V.

I had my first experience two weeks ago and it was positive. The gal I'd made the appointment with ended up not being able to cut my hair but her replacement did a fine job and I booked another appointment to go back. On Wednesday's they have a deep conditioning treatment for $2!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Went to the Beauty school last week. Had a mani and pedi. Yes it took long but these are students. She did an awesome job! Really worked on the bottoms of my feet!!! Then I had a color and foil highlights. Again the color was perfect and the teacher put my foils in as she was explaining the technique to the student. The place is clean and they take their time because they want to do a good job. I tipped generously because I was extremely happy with my services. The young lady I had was called Angel. Very polite and professional.

A few days later, I had a facial. I could not believe how wonderful and relaxing it was just to have my face cleansed and pampered, I think I fell asleep for a couple of seconds. The dim lights and the music was soothing to me.

Well that was my experience there at the Beauty school.
Are you sure you went to the Academy, "dim lights and music", Soooothing!!?
I can still remember jumping out of my skin as one of the instructors or students yelled "Keep it Clean", everything was clean except my underwear!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 AM

I was there last week and had the best hair cut I've had in a long time. I will definately go back.

Remember, this is a "school". These students are learning, so of course it's going to take longer. Color and hi-lites are always time consuming.

I was tired of paying the "going" price for a simple hair cut, so thought I'd try the beauty school, and am totally pleased with their facility and prices.

Again, it's all in what you want in the experience.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Founder

It's my understanding that they teach hair styling at the mortuary school in Orlando. You just have to be still and not move while they do it.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

TH!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Are you sure you went to the Academy, "dim lights and music", Soooothing!!?
I can still remember jumping out of my skin as one of the instructors or students yelled "Keep it Clean", everything was clean except my underwear!!!
When I wrote of the soothing music, I was meaning that as I was having my facial in a closed off room, it was quiet and the lights were dim and there was soothing music.

The Beauty School is not for everyone of course, but it is a place of learning and these people need to learn to keep their space clean.

For me it is not an everytime place to go to, but I really like to support these students too.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
It's my understanding that they teach hair styling at the mortuary school in Orlando. You just have to be still and not move while they do it.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Sigh.. had a bad experience with a pedicure this time. I will never return but do wish the students good luck in their chosen field.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Veteran member

First of all...it's a school. You will see the tatoos, piercings etc. at regular salons. Don't have to like it but it's part of their culture.

As for time...yes it can be lengthy there. I'd ask for a "senior" student to try to get someone whose a bit quicker and has a bit more experience. I've gone there for cuts and pedicures. The last pedicure was with Bonnie and it was very good and we had a great time chatting. She'll graduate in March ('11) I probably will reserve my future cuts for a salon as I'm picky about who does that to my hair.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.