Breast cancer support group

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Default Breast cancer support group

I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer and was wondering if there is a support here in the Villiages. I have some major decisions to make and will be so grateful if someone could provided some info. This is all so new to me.
Thank you,
Vivian
Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Here is a hug. If you would like to stop over and visit with me and our daughter Helene, both breast cancer survivors...just PM me.

It isn't a wonderful trip, but it is do-able and with the love and support of those around you, and there are SO many of us breast cancer survivors here in The Villages, you will be soon sailing on the other side of this storm.

Kindest wishes,

Gracie.

I am sending you a PM
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Platinum member

I had breast cancer 8 years ago and was treated at Moffitt in Tampa. PM me anytime. Would be more than happy to talk.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Another piece of advice. Find the best oncologist that you can and follow his directions. This is not a time to absorb a medical degree. The usual procedures are mastectomy or lumpectomy, which is a decision your doctor should guide you to decide depending on how many lymph nodes are involved and then either chemo alone or chemo and radiation.

The chemo makes you tired and you lose hair, and the radiation makes you tired, but with a good wig and some cooking friends or a good take out restaurant you can get through whatever is in your future.

It sounds overwhelming, but many, many, many of your sisters have done this.

You will be healthy again, I just feel it in my heart.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.