facelift would you?

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Gold member
Default facelift would you?

Interesting topic for women. Would u get one? Yes or no and why? My vote is No. I will grow old gracefully and naturally
Old 03-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Platinum member

Absolutely no. For the same reasons you stated. I know too many people who have and they wasted their money.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:08 PM

Always said NO.............but once the wrinkles really took over I had a change of heart and found a wonderful doctor. I did it for myself and would do it all over again.

Last edited by hansel; 03-30-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Always said NO.............but once the wrinkles really took over I had a change of heart and found a wonderful doctor. I did it for myself and would do it all over again.
Was it painful? I think I'm too chicken and not into pain, so unless something really started to turn really ugly, lol, I'll stay the way I am. Maybe some minor laser stuff.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-30-2015, 06:12 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Yes, slightly ...................... but also an eye lift.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:24 PM

It seems that face lifts usually have a certain look that I think is unattractive. But I would really like to get my neck done as I"m always trying to hide it. I have the neck of an 85 year old and I'm only 63. But I've heard that neck work is not a simple fix... so I guess I'm stuck with my old neck. Someday I'll grow into it...lol...
Old 03-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Veteran member

Of course I would. And a tummy tuck, and liposuction, and a breast lift, and laser surgery, and dental implants, etc.

This is all free, right?

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 03-30-2015, 07:08 PM

The best money I've ever spent on myself. Most important is selecting your plastic surgeon and one that uses the latest technics. 'Facial rejuvenation by suspension' was the surgery I had. About 1 - 2 weeks before I would venture into public (due to bruising and swelling) but as for any pain, very little discomfort. Best of all I had the surgery done outside of the US at about 1/3 the price it would have cost here. My surgeon is world renown and volunteers for Operation Smile, traveling to 3rd world countries all over the world.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:17 PM
Platinum member

I would have to chose my surgeon very carefully. Some face lifts look like, well, face lifts. Especially smiles. I doubt if I will ever have a face lift, but who knows.

I remember a day when I was laying in wait for knee surgery, and I happened to be there the day the plastic surgery was done. I asked the nurses who was best.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:58 PM

I will have a face lift and an eyelift by Dr. David Poole in Altamonte Springs.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:14 PM
Platinum member

Not sure I would do a full facelift because I'm a coward about pain but I think I would do Botox.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Was it painful? I think I'm too chicken and not into pain, so unless something really started to turn really ugly, lol, I'll stay the way I am. Maybe some minor laser stuff.
Uncomfortable for a few days, bruising for a week or so. I also had a dermabrasion all around my mouth due to years of smoking, it looked like raw skin for a few days but actually DID NOT hurt at all. The key is finding the right surgeon and doing your research. I had a laser treatment done on a separate occasion and I found that painfully, like a very severe burn. Believe it or not the full surgery was easier.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Not sure I would do a full facelift because I'm a coward about pain but I think I would do Botox.
Google botox before you think about injections, Botox is a diluted form of the botulinum toxin. Lots of bad side effects. Again check, check and double check the physician who is using injectables and only use a PHYSICIAN.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglow View Post
It seems that face lifts usually have a certain look that I think is unattractive. But I would really like to get my neck done as I"m always trying to hide it. I have the neck of an 85 year old and I'm only 63. But I've heard that neck work is not a simple fix... so I guess I'm stuck with my old neck. Someday I'll grow into it...lol...
A friend of mine had "Lifestyle Lift" and WOW, what a difference to her neck, jowels and cheeks. She had double or triple neck....heredity. Now all is gone. Done under local and gentle sedation. No pain after...just took Tylenol.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Platinum member

looked into it....decided I'd rather redo my bathroom instead
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.