facelift would you?

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Location: We live in The Village of Pinellas, on Yearling Way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamachica View Post
The best money I've ever spent on myself. Most important is selecting your plastic surgeon and one that uses the latest technics. 'Facial rejuvenation by suspension' was the surgery I had. About 1 - 2 weeks before I would venture into public (due to bruising and swelling) but as for any pain, very little discomfort. Best of all I had the surgery done outside of the US at about 1/3 the price it would have cost here. My surgeon is world renown and volunteers for Operation Smile, traveling to 3rd world countries all over the world.
Please share some details: where did you go, who was the surgeon, approximate cost, etc. Thanks. Doing my research for a fall "lift" (if I can find the right doctor).
Old 04-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Veteran member

Absolutely, I plan on having one in a few years. I've been trying to scrub these wrinkles away for years, but it's not working.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,760 Posts

With the right plastic surgeon it can be one of the best investments one can make. With the wrong one a person may come out looking like they were trying to get into a witness protection program.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

I had a breast lift about 12 years ago and now the danged things are right back where they were before so ... waste of money, in hindsight.

I don't think I'd go for a full face lift because some of the results are pretty horrifying, but I would like to get something non-surgical to help even out my blotchy skin tone. Haven't started investigating all the options or costs yet. Suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited by queasy27; 04-06-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Plastic surgery is great for wrinkles, droopy eye lids, etc., but you can't fix ugly!

Old 04-06-2015, 04:56 AM
Sage

No I wouldn't because even if it came out looking great I wouldn't have enough money left to do all the fun things that I'd want to do if I looked great
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 04-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Gold member

I just think of Kenny Rogers and that alone turns me off.

Last edited by obxgal; 04-06-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
looked into it....decided I'd rather redo my bathroom instead
Love it. Your bathroom probably cost less, didn't hurt nearly as much and will definitely last longer! You go girl!
Old 04-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
I just think of Kenny Rogers and that alone turns me off.
I think of Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor, and Joan Rivers. they all had the same face. Very tight and surprised looking.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:01 PM

I would get my rear end lifted.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Veteran member

I had a facelift and blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) about five years ago from a doctor in Virginia and get Botox about three times a year. This past year he added a little filler to my cheeks and around my mouth. He is a good match for me because I want any work done to look like it wasn't done; he errs on the conservative side so the effect is very subtle.

I do not work for this company but I highly recommend Paula's Choice skincare products (Shop Paula's Choice: Paula's Choice Skincare & Cosmetics). I use her products religiously and have seen great improvements in the texture and lumosity of my skin. I also recommend sunscreen every single day. Rain or shine.

I go to an aesthetician every other month for IPL treatments and peels for broken blood vessels and minor wrinkling

Yes, it takes time and costs money but I think it is worth it.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 04-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Sage

It's not for me, but if you have it done it's important that you like it and the result.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:23 PM

If money and risks were no object...bring it on!
Old 04-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime;10***52
I had a facelift and blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) about five years ago from a doctor in Virginia and get Botox about three times a year. This past year he added a little filler to my cheeks and around my mouth. He is a good match for me because I want any work done to look like it wasn't done; he errs on the conservative side so the effect is very subtle.

I do not work for this company but I highly recommend Paula's Choice skincare products (Shop Paula's Choice: Paula's Choice Skincare & Cosmetics). I use her products religiously and have seen great improvements in the texture and lumosity of my skin. I also recommend sunscreen every single day. Rain or shine.

I go to an aesthetician every other month for IPL treatments and peels for broken blood vessels and minor wrinkling

Yes, it takes time and costs money but I think it is worth it.
What are IPL treatments?
Old 04-14-2015, 10:17 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,760 Posts

As a would be plastic surgeon in another life I enjoy watching"Botched" on E. Plastic surgeons Terry Dubrow and Paul Nassif star and amazingly correct some terrible past surgeries or difficult conditions. To me, it is the plastic surgery equivalent to "Holmes on Homes" where contractor Mike Holmes corrects botched construction work.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.