Found a Fantastic Hairdresser at last!!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2015, 02:20 PM

How much was it for a wash and trim? Short hair?
Old 02-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What IS a good hair cutter/stylist/etc.???????

How does one know WHO is good?

Do they cut your hair the way you have always loved it, or do they give you the latest most up to date cut and color?

Do they do it with scissors or a razor or a tree trimmer?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I go to Josh at Salon Jaylee who moved himself from 466 close to me to up by Target, not so close. I go and pay him 47 bucks for a cut and style and go back in six weeks and do it again. Sweetie thinks I am drop dead gorgeous, but I think he is just used to loving me and has kind eyes. I look pretty much like a wrinkled 75 year old with white hair going in...and coming out.
You make an excellent point, Gracie. Some stylists are absolute experts with razor cuts, and some are fabulous with blunt cuts. Some can do a blow out like nobody's business, and some excel at cutting curly hair. Some stylists do fantastic color and so-so haircuts, or vice versa.

I think that is why it takes so many of us so long to find the perfect hairdresser for us and why that same hairdresser may be the worst for someone else. Once found, however, tip well, along with a little extra at the holidays, and never be late for or blow off an appointment.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-04-2015, 07:26 PM

I go to Urban Hair Studio for about 2yrs. I have a girl name Candy she is really great for all kind of hair mine is thin hair for cut wash blow dry it is 42.00. Use Cals two different ones and had to pay the price, but a lot happier with my hair
Old 02-04-2015, 08:37 PM

I worked in one of the salons there - some great folks in there, just a bit overwhelmed. Having said that...I am now ::::: an "outsider" but still looking for my all time favorite stylist, Jutta. She worked at several inside and then ventured to one that has since closed (Village Spa and Salon on 441). There I lost her. Anyone know if she's still around and, if so...where??? Thanks in advance
Old 02-04-2015, 09:49 PM

I have appreciated how RENEE at Cal's in Brownwood cuts my hair. Quick and reasonable in my opinion. (750-5334) --- And she also cuts /colors my wife's hair with great results. She's always nice and very professional! Best we have found at The Villages!
We were happy when Cal's opened in Brownwood for the convenience and atmosphere.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:39 AM
Sage

I like the stylists at Urban Hair in Oxford, a talented group.
I also like the stylists at Victoria Hair in the Sante Fe Plaza East of Morse.
My regular stylist at Urban hair was very busy, so I took a chance and used "new Renee" at V. Hair.
Renee did a good job on my cut and highlights.
I think the prices at V. Hair are a bit less than at Urban Hair; both places are reasonable.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:54 PM

I've tried several stylists in the past 2 years. Just last week I tried Renee at Cal's in Brownwood. She did a fantastic job cutting my short hair. $28 for a cut, shampoo and style.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

I pay $80 hi lites, cut and blow dry and she is fabulous...am I going to find anything like this when I get back to The Villages?
Old 03-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to cwnavy1

I always have mine cut and colored, and it is $90 -- so I'm not sure what it would be just for a cut.

CA, Ariz., Texas, Georgia, Now- TV!
Old 03-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
I pay $80 hi lites, cut and blow dry and she is fabulous...am I going to find anything like this when I get back to The Villages?
Yes.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:00 PM

For all of you "financialy savvy" & "vogue savvy" females who wants a very lady friendly shop (just like that old hometown shop, try Crystal at Cutters Cove location is off Villages property near Foxfire Realty in Lady Lake (behind the funeral home near Route 466 on route 27)....352-205-7936.....
Old 03-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I like the stylists at Urban Hair in Oxford, a talented group.
I also like the stylists at Victoria Hair in the Sante Fe Plaza East of Morse.
My regular stylist at Urban hair was very busy, so I took a chance and used "new Renee" at V. Hair.
Renee did a good job on my cut and highlights.
I think the prices at V. Hair are a bit less than at Urban Hair; both places are reasonable.
I just called Urban Hair this past week to find out how much it was to get my hair colored and it was around 100.00. Also asked how mich for a cut,.my hair is short, and it was 45. That is too much for me. I feel taken advantage of.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Sage

I also found a hair stylist I like. I went to Cal's at Brownwood and Christina cut my hair. I have been so frustrated over the past three years of living here not to be able to find a stylist that did my hair the way I like. I brought in a picture to show her so there would be no mistake about how I wanted it. Christina did just what I wanted her to do and kept asking me how,the style and length was as she styled and cut. I feel very happy that I finally found someone I like. By the way, the new Brownwood salon is very nice. They have a side for the men's hair and a side for the women's hair cuts. It makes it comfortable. It has a salon atmosphere instead of a barber shop atmosphere. My cut and style was 28+tip.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Gold member

I've had excellent stylists at Root 466 (now Salon Jaylee), and at the Colony location of Salon Jaylee. For several years I watched closely all the other stylists around the one I had at the time (they come and go or move to another location within the group, or leave completely). Always saw excellent work being done and I had excellent work done.

HOWEVER….the prices are far too high for the more experienced stylists, and I got tired of the constant pushing of expensive products after they got rid of Redken, Pureology and other known lines. The salon's own brand is pretty good, but not that great considering the prices.

I wonder if there is a booth-rental type salon around here, where stylists who've left the bigger salons now work on their own. They, too, get tired of pushing expensive products and not getting a large enough portion of the charges they bring in for hair styling.

I don't like leaving the salon feeling like "I've been HAD!". I am sure there are many other former clients who feel that way too.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:33 PM

I just get a cut and like Lisa at Cals at Colony. $15 + tip!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.