Found a Fantastic Hairdresser at last!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Default Nail salon

I use Signiture Nails in Lake Sumter Landing. The are very friendly and good!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I just called Urban Hair this past week to find out how much it was to get my hair colored and it was around 100.00. Also asked how mich for a cut,.my hair is short, and it was 45. That is too much for me. I feel taken advantage of.
I have been getting my hair cut and colored at Urban Hair for the last three years, and it costs $77. Don't know what you mean by "around $100." Unless you were adding highlighting in with the cut and color?

They do good work and are comparable in price to my old place up north.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I have been getting my hair cut and colored at Urban Hair for the last three years, and it costs $77. Don't know what you mean by "around $100." Unless you were adding highlighting in with the cut and color?

Actually, I get my hair highlighted using a cap. Maybe that's why it was more. I'm used to paying 60, so 100.00 is way out of my comfort zone. It was also up towards that price at Cals and I told my stylist it was way too much to pay and she said we probably pay more for services because it's The Villages. So, we are being taken advantage of.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Using a cap is actually less expensive than doing foils. But $100 is not unreasonable for cut, color, and highlighting. I've paid more than that in two places up north, and around that in four cities in FL. I don't think we're being taken advantage of in most places here. Just at the one place where they charge you extra for every product they use, including conditioner. I run from those places.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:25 PM
Default In home hairstylist?

I will be moving permanently to TV in the next two weeks. I am certain I will be reviewing this thread again as soon as I need to have my hair cut and colored! My main concern is trying to find a stylist that could come to my home to cut my mom's hair who is 87. She has difficulty getting around and our outside travels are usually reserved for the doctor or a drive. Someone did provide a name to me a number of months ago but there was very mixed feelings about the stylist. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Try Salon Chioma. Wonderful stylists and good prices.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:02 PM

SHe just did a curly perm for me and it's the best Since I moved down here! Really nice lady too!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Veteran member

I finally found someone I like and just as good as the girl I used up north. I use Lisa at Cal's in Colony.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Default Women's hairdresser at Cals

Just got here and need a cut. Who at Cals would you recommend?
Old 06-25-2015, 02:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Ummmm yep! 12 years and still looking. The clincher may be to find one that is both good and reasonable. Plus I also color mine and to find one that uses the product I prefer is also difficult! I like the girl I go to know but their prices just jumped up big time, went from $68 for a cut color and blow-dry to $85 so not just a couple of dollars. Sorry this is not the Chicago or Orlando area I think they all really think all The Villagers are rich.... just my thoughts. I just at this stage of my life do not want to pay those prices anymore. and NO not giving up coloring my hair. I have some friends back home in the business and may just have them ship me the color product and go back to doing it myself and looking for a good cut. Oh to OP thanks for the info have a feeling they're pricey but may just call.
I would pay ANY price to get a good haircut. The back is always longer than the top and one side longer than the other. Very frustrating at any price. The training is almost non existant. If they checked the haircut, they would find their own mistakes. And, for the most part, they have bad attitudes.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What IS a good hair cutter/stylist/etc.???????

How does one know WHO is good?

Do they cut your hair the way you have always loved it, or do they give you the latest most up to date cut and color?

Do they do it with scissors or a razor or a tree trimmer?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I go to Josh at Salon Jaylee who moved himself from 466 close to me to up by Target, not so close. I go and pay him 47 bucks for a cut and style and go back in six weeks and do it again. Sweetie thinks I am drop dead gorgeous, but I think he is just used to loving me and has kind eyes. I look pretty much like a wrinkled 75 year old with white hair going in...and coming out.
I was a hairdresser in PA for a number of years and I always thought a good hairdresser is someone who will listen to what the client wants and then give a haircut that she can work with......be it wrong or right, in style or out.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:05 PM

Did you ever find Jutta? She is at Salon Bozadjian just across (katty-korner across the parking lot) from where the Village Spa & Salon was..........
Old 09-08-2015, 03:28 PM

I just went to Urban Hair. Julie cut, colored and blow dried my hair. I am very happy with my hair. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

Agree. Same for me. When I add highlights to the cut and color it is $100.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:54 PM

last week I posted about how mush we pay for hair care, some how the admin put it into the contractors forum, Maybe it should have been here. I think 10 or of us responded. It was very interesting.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.