Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I think your hair looks great. Did you not like Whitney at Urban Hair? I would kill for hair as thick as yours. And a cute face. You should listen to GG!
Old 02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Platinum member

old Renee from Victorias is now at Cal's in Brownwood
Old 02-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm looking for feedback on the "new" Renee who works at Victoria Hair in the Santa Fe Plaza. She has worked there about a month.

Not the "old" Renee who has left Victoria Hair -- does anyone know where she went?

P.S. I have been reading a lot of reviews on Amazon regarding Wen shampoo.
Some women rave about it, some think it is garbage.
I wish I could buy a small bottle locally so I could try it out.
I haven't tried WEN yet. Okay, so I bought it on QVC and sent it back -- didn't even open the box!

But, I was flipping channels the other day and Chaz (sp?) was on QVC again! He mentioned that a lot of women have been reporting that their fingernails have been a lot better since they started using WEN. He said it was because of the lack of chemicals in it.

I thought I would mention it since I knew you were having problems with your nails -- like me!! I've been thinking about ordering it again to see if it really helped with nails!! But, I love Nick Chavez' products and really hate to switch!
Old 02-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think your hair looks great. Did you not like Whitney at Urban Hair? I would kill for hair as thick as yours.
It's interesting that old Renee is now at Cals at Brownwood. I guess it's a lot closer to home for her.

I am growing out the gray in my hair and it looks like total crap. CFrance, you've only seen me at the dog park wearing a baseball hat!
The only reason I stopped coloring it is because I've developed an allergy to hair color. I'm still having it highlighted though.
I definitely do not have thick hair. (I use Big Fat Hair, maybe it works). I usually wear a baseball hat to hide the mess.

I love downstairs Whitney. Unfortunately when I need a hair cut, I need it that day. Whitney is getting popular.
And of course it's High Season, so now I have to wait a few weeks to see her. Of course, any good hair dresser has a waiting list.
Unfortunately I'm not disciplined enough to make another appointment each time I get a hair cut.
Sometimes a hair cut lasts me four weeks, sometimes eight weeks. I occasionally chop away at it myself.

So when I need an immediate appointment, I usually get a Salon newbie, who hasn't yet built up a following.
New Renee at Victoria Hair does have 15 years experience. I don't know where she worked previously.
I was hoping someone could tell me they've used new Renee and she does a crackerjack job.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I haven't tried WEN yet. Okay, so I bought it on QVC and sent it back -- didn't even open the box!
Sable, why did you buy it on QVC and send it back without opening the box? That is too funny.
As the old timers used to say: "Well, don't that take the cake".
Old 02-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Gold member

I talked myself into thinking I llke Nick's products so why switch!! lol. I really wished I tried it now since they say it helps the fingernails! My nails are a wreck!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I talked myself into thinking I llke Nick's products so why switch!! lol. I really wished I tried it now since they say it helps the fingernails!
My nails are a wreck
!

Are you massaging hand cream into your nails every few hours, or after washing your hands?
I thought my nails were permanently horrible, weak and destined to split.
I always used nail hardener until I read online that is the worst thing you can do for weak nails.
I started using hand cream regularly. It turns out my nails were starving for moisture.
Now my nails are strong and healthy - it's like magic happened. Try it, you may be amazed.
But you have to remember to ALWAYS use a good hand lotion.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:19 PM

I am putting this question here in the Girl Talk thread because I know I will get an answer and nobody will judge me for baking chocolate chip cookies.

A long time ago, I heard something about putting a slice of bread in with the cookies when they are stored in a tight container. I think that is supposed to make the cookies crispier. Makes sense I guess. . .

Or does it?

Seems like the bread would act as sort of a dehumidifier. So crispy cookies would result. But bread dries out if you leave it out. . .so would the bread give off moisture and make the cookies chewier? Well, I guess the bread would not really be out if sealed in the container with the cookies. So I guess the answer is, for sure, crispy cookies. Or is it?

What to do? What to do?

Should I just eat all the cookies straight out of the oven so I don't have to worry about them?

Overthinking Laurie
Old 02-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Platinum member

The moisture in the slice of bread will keep the cookies SOFT.

I vote to eat them the same day... then you won't need to buy bread
Old 02-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Should I just eat all the cookies straight out of the oven so I don't have to worry about them?
Of course you should eat all the cookies out of the oven.
But make sure you eat them standing up, calories don't count if you're standing up!
And if you run out of home-made chocolate chip cookies, I noticed the Girl Guides are selling cookies at Publix!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:53 PM

Thank you, Uptown Girl and Barefoot. I knew the Girl Talk thread would come through with excellent advice. -- and I sure am glad I asked because I do not want the cookies to be soft and my overthinking was going in the wrong direction.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

What's your address, Laurie2? I'll be right there to help assess the situation.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
I am putting this question here in the Girl Talk thread because I know I will get an answer and nobody will judge me for baking chocolate chip cookies.

A long time ago, I heard something about putting a slice of bread in with the cookies when they are stored in a tight container. I think that is supposed to make the cookies crispier. Makes sense I guess. . .

Or does it?

Seems like the bread would act as sort of a dehumidifier. So crispy cookies would result. But bread dries out if you leave it out. . .so would the bread give off moisture and make the cookies chewier? Well, I guess the bread would not really be out if sealed in the container with the cookies. So I guess the answer is, for sure, crispy cookies. Or is it?

What to do? What to do?

Overthinking Laurie
Forget the bread. I can't imagine who said that!

I hate soft chocolate chip cookies and only like them crisp. What I do is after I have my fill, I store them in a container. When I'm ready to eat more, I simply put them in my toaster oven. I put the heat to 250-300 degrees and put the cookies in when I turn on the oven. When the bell rings that it reached the set temp, I take them out, let them cool and eat them.

Viola -- nice and crisp once again!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Gold member

I don't know about the bread in the cookie jar keeping the cookies fresh.

That does remind me of another tip regarding bread. If you put a fresh slice of loaf bread in with your brown sugar, the brown sugar will stay soft and not become hard and lumpy. I didn't think this would work, but it did. The slice of bread will become hard as a rock and will need to be changed. But if you keep a slice of bread in the canister, the sugar will stay nice and fresh.

Weird, huh? But it works!!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Sage

It doesn't matter what kind of shampoo and conditioner I use, very expensive or very cheap, my hair turns out the same.
I fall for all the promises of volume and damage repair but my hair never improves.
So now I use Suave Rosemary + Mint because I love the way my hair smells.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.