Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I wonder if these makeup tips are valid. Obviously she is trying to sell makeup, but I think some of her tips are valid.
5 Makeup Tips For Older Women By 64 Year Old Super Model Cindy Joseph! | BOOM by Cindy Joseph
If you haven't tried Paula's Choice cosmetics, I think they are great (recommended by Wanda).
I especially like Paula's Choice Resist, which is a super-light non-greasy moisturizer with SPF 30 and a hint of color.
I also like SkinCeuticals recommended by Dotti, but I find it a bit shiny. I like the SPF 50 though.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
The only pants I have that don't fade, machine wash and dry beautifully, don't wrinkle and are great in the hot weather here is the Zenergy Neema pants and shorts from Chico's. They are a super light weight, synthetic blend that are very comfy. Same type of fabric as my Hubby's golf shorts. They are truly colorfast.
I really like Chico's Travelers line.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I really like Chico's Travelers line.
I've just discovered the Chico's Travelers Line and LOVE it! Wore those stretchy black pants to Thanksgiving yesterday.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 11-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
I've just discovered the Chico's Travelers Line and LOVE it! Wore those stretchy black pants to Thanksgiving yesterday.
I love Chico's Travelers line also. I have at least six different pieces.
So versatile, so easily packed, well worth the price.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:22 AM
Gold member

Yea, The Travelers line at Chicos is great. Like wearing PJs, but look sharp. They are always in my suitcase when I travel, but often wear them here too. Non cling! That's a big plus!!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Yea, The Travelers line at Chicos is great. Like wearing PJs, but look sharp. They are always in my suitcase when I travel, but often wear them here too. Non cling! That's a big plus!!
What are you doing awake at 2:22 AM?

Last edited by Barefoot; 12-02-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:36 AM

I had breast cancer last year and I had Chemo. Ilost my hair. When it came in mostly white, I really loved it and so did everyone else. Give it a try if you absolutely hate it you can always color it again. Good luck. S.D.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl 123 View Post
I had breast cancer last year and I had Chemo. Ilost my hair. When it came in mostly white, I really loved it and so did everyone else. Give it a try if you absolutely hate it you can always color it again.
Hi Syl, welcome to Girl Talk.
I can't imagine the impact and challenge of being diagnosed with breast cancer and having chemo.
It must take a lot of courage and strength. I hope you're doing well.

I stopped coloring my hair because I developed an allergy to hair dye. I love hair that is mostly white, it looks fabulous.
My hair has been growing out for a year, and I i find that it's "salt and pepper", mostly pepper. Who knew.
My hair stylist keeps telling me it takes time and patience to grow out grey, and she is right.
People tell me they like my "new" hair, which is shorter now, but I suspect they're just being kind.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
I have found that my cotton and cotton blend blacks fade from the sun exposure here. I don't know how to change that!

The only pants I have that don't fade, machine wash and dry beautifully, don't wrinkle and are great in the hot weather here is the Zenergy Neema pants and shorts from Chico's. They are a super light weight, synthetic blend that are very comfy. Same type of fabric as my Hubby's golf shorts. They are truly colorfast.

I bought 5 different colors and they hold up great. The Blacks do not fade. All my other fabrics have since I have been here.
Just read this in a newsletter I get called PureWow. I have NO IDEA if it works, but here it is:

What you need: Black pepper (no need to bring the salt)
What you do: Add a teaspoon to the wash cycle (along with your regular detergent) the next time you’re doing a load of colors. Set the water temperature to cold.
How it works: The abrasiveness of the pepper exfoliates the soap residue that causes clothing to fade. Then it just washes away with the rinse cycle.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
What you need: Black pepper (no need to bring the salt)
What you do: Add a teaspoon to the wash cycle (along with your regular detergent) the next time you’re doing a load of colors. Set the water temperature to cold.
How it works: The abrasiveness of the pepper exfoliates the soap residue that causes clothing to fade. Then it just washes away with the rinse cycle.
Well, aren't you little Miss Harriet Homemaker. I'm VERY impressed because I know that Ron does your laundry!
I'm gonna try it!
Old 12-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Well, aren't you little Miss Harriet Homemaker. I'm VERY impressed because I know that Ron does your laundry!
I'm gonna try it!
You brat! You don't even own an iron!!!!
Old 12-23-2015, 01:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
What are you doing awake at 2:22 AM?
Bare, I'm just a night owl!
I could ask the same of you being awake and coherent enough to post before 6:00 am....
I'm kind of a 3am-10am sleeper. At least that would be my ideal! But my hubby has more normal sleeping hrs and so I'm often up and going, well before my brain is engaged.
When I can't sleep, I'm on here catching up!
Old 12-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Bare, I'm just a night owl!
I could ask the same of you being awake and coherent enough to post before 6:00 am....
I'm kind of a 3am-10am sleeper. At least that would be my ideal! But my hubby has more normal sleeping hrs and so I'm often up and going, well before my brain is engaged.
When I can't sleep, I'm on here catching up!
I'm a 2AM to 8 AM sleeper. I rarely sleep more than six hours, but I'd love to get eight hours sleep every night.
Occasionally sleep hypnosis tapes work for me.
My husband also sleeps normal hours.
I think my circadian rhythm is permanently out of whack.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I never said a proper thank you for your suggestions on how to stop black pants from fading. I take just one pair to the cleaners because they were relatively expensive and classic in style so the return-on-investment in dry cleaning is worth it.

Otherwise, for now, it's Woolite on the delicate cycle. -- I found a website that said to use fabric softener to stop abrasion -- just the opposite of the sneezy pants hint CFrance found.

I am going to try Chico's Travelers line. The Chico's in TV is the first Chico's I ever spent any time in. I bought a couple of white shirts. -- I do not like to shop (except for furniture) so I tend to try to hurry. The first time I went to a Chico's was years ago. I walked in, did a quick look-around, and did not try anything on because I fled in horror thinking it was a store only for those who wore size 1 or 2.

Anyway, thank you. I luv this ol' thread where we can have discussions that are light and fun and also quite useful for just us "girls."
Old 01-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I am going to try Chico's Travelers line. The Chico's in TV is the first Chico's I ever spent any time in. I bought a couple of white shirts. -- I do not like to shop (except for furniture) so I tend to try to hurry. The first time I went to a Chico's was years ago.
Anyway, thank you. I luv this ol' thread where we can have discussions that are light and fun and also quite useful for just us "girls."
Boomer, you will love Chico's Travelers line.
I bought a couple of pairs of pants, t-shirts, cardigans in several colors. One is orange and ties in the front.
I mix and match. You can ball them up in a corner of your suitcase and then wear them to dinner.
It's perfect solution for anyone who doesn't like to shop. I love that the line goes from casual to dressy.
I also wear my Travellers at Christmas; I wear them with a sparkly top with sequins.
It's the most versatile line I've ever found, and well worth the money.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.