Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2016, 07:22 AM
Default Need a great ladies resale shop

I am looking for a great resale shop near the villages for golf clothes and other almost new things that I no longer want. Thanks in advance
Old 01-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

sunnybeeche, I used the search function at the top of the page for "consignment" and came up with this thread that might be helpful. Womens Clothing for Consignment
Old 01-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
I have found that my cotton and cotton blend blacks fade from the sun exposure here. I don't know how to change that!

The only pants I have that don't fade, machine wash and dry beautifully, don't wrinkle and are great in the hot weather here is the Zenergy Neema pants and shorts from Chico's. They are a super light weight, synthetic blend that are very comfy. Same type of fabric as my Hubby's golf shorts. They are truly colorfast.

I bought 5 different colors and they hold up great. The Blacks do not fade. All my other fabrics have since I have been here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
I've just discovered the Chico's Travelers Line and LOVE it! Wore those stretchy black pants to Thanksgiving yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I love Chico's Travelers line also. I have at least six different pieces.
So versatile, so easily packed, well worth the price.

This Chico's line sounds like it could be my answer. It might be a touch of spandex that helps the fabric hold its color.

I looked at their website and I really like the classic style.

I used to buy almost everything at Coldwater Creek. In fact, in my northern location I had a personal shopper, of sorts. I would call to find out when she could have some things ready for me to try on. We were about the same age and the same size so she understood the "look" I was after.

Coldwater Creek WAS dependable for me because I thought the quality was decent at a decent price, and then the quality changed -- drastically. They must have been using different suppliers. There is a big difference between making a good profit and insulting your customers by trying to get them to pay the same as usual for shoddy stuff......

Well, we see what happened to Coldwater Creek......I think they did it to themselves. I really miss the old Coldwater Creek, especially the jackets and those terrific jeans that fit perfectly, looked like jeans, but felt like wearing pajamas. -- And I think the dressing rooms had those skinnyfying mirrors.

Anyway, I liked the look of the Travelers Collection on the website and will go to Chico's to see it.

Thank you.

Last edited by Boomer; 01-04-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
And I think the dressing rooms had those skinnyfying mirrors.
There was a woman on Shark Tank last week selling the idea of marketing skinny mirrors to department stores.
The Sharks threw her out, saying it was misleading marketing.
While that is true, who doesn't want to look in the mirror and find themselves suddenly 10 lbs thinner?

P.S. A lot of people I know are starting WW in January.
Of course Oprah is promoting it since she bought in. I think I can shed those pesky 10 holiday lbs without WW. But then I've been wrong before. Just call me Muffin Top.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
And I think the dressing rooms had those skinnyfying mirrors.
There was a woman on Shark Tank last week selling the idea of marketing skinny mirrors to department stores.
The Sharks threw her out, saying it was misleading marketing.
While that is true, who doesn't want to look in the mirror and find themselves suddenly 10 lbs thinner?

P.S.
A lot of people I know are starting WW in January. And of course Oprah is promoting it since she bought in.
I think I can shed those pesky 10 holiday lbs without WW. But then I've been wrong before. Just call me Muffin Top.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Anyway, I liked the look of the Travelers Collection on the website and will go to Chico's to see it.
Let us know what you think!
Old 02-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Sage

I saw a post somewhere about a Charity collecting used luggage. Does anyone remember it?
I'm not sure if it was on TOTV or in the online newspaper or if I dreamed about it.
I just bought new Lily Bloom luggage, and I'd like to donate my old luggage to Charity.
If I can't figure out which special Charity it is, I'll just take my luggage to Good Will.

Last edited by Barefoot; 02-11-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to Fallchicks2

You'll be happy to know that Sally's Beauty supply is where I buy my Wella. Been doing my own for years!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallchicks2 View Post
You'll be happy to know that Sally's Beauty supply is where I buy my Wella. Been doing my own for years!
The general public can buy Wella hair dye? I thought you had to have an operator's license.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Sage

Has anyone seen the Sally Field movie called "Hello, my name is Doris"?
I think it's playing at the Rialto.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:51 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Has anyone seen the Sally Field movie called "Hello, my name is Doris"?
I think it's playing at the Rialto.
Just saw it. I liked it. An early boomer who had been trudging through life and a nice guy millennial. Friendship. Misunderstanding. A sweet little script with some great lines. Some were hit-home-laugh-out-loud.

You will like Doris and will be rooting for her and at the end, you will find yourself mentally writing a sequel.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Just saw it. I liked it. An early boomer who had been trudging through life and a nice guy millennial. Friendship. Misunderstanding. A sweet little script with some great lines. Some were hit-home-laugh-out-loud. You will like Doris and will be rooting for her and at the end, you will find yourself mentally writing a sequel.
Thanks Boomer! I am a Sally Field fan so I thought I'd like it. Thanks for the nice review.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:16 AM

Hi, I am fairly new here and am wondering what the single's clubs are like. I would just like to meet some other single people. My neighborhood is all couples. Also, while at Eisenhower Rec. Center a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night, there was a dance going on. The lady at the desk said it was Saturday Night Dance Club. But, I have not found anything with that name anywhere. Anyone know about that? Thank you!
Old 04-24-2016, 10:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 View Post
Hi, I am fairly new here and am wondering what the single's clubs are like. I would just like to meet some other single people. My neighborhood is all couples. Also, while at Eisenhower Rec. Center a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night, there was a dance going on. The lady at the desk said it was Saturday Night Dance Club. But, I have not found anything with that name anywhere. Anyone know about that? Thank you!
I suggest you send a private message to Chachacha. She is very hospitable and knows about all singles activities!
Old 05-14-2016, 04:00 PM
Sage

If you enjoy Frankie & Grace, the second series is now available on Netflix.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.