Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2016, 07:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Also, while I am here, I might as well throw in that I finally finished watching Grace and Frankie.
Boomer, I think you would also like the series called Rita on Netflix.
Rita has subtitles, but you don't even notice them after you get involved.

I am on Facebook but I rarely post any information.
Facebook scares me ever since the night I got a threat from some guy late at night.
I assume he "drunk dialed" me by mistake. But still.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Default Questions.. C

Hi! I am rather new here and single. What can anyone tell me about the Singles's groups? I have looked them up online, but are any of you involved in any? I would like to do some fun activities. I go to my Village functions, but they all seem to be couples.
Also, someone wrote about a dance? ???? When, where?

I was a a Rec. center one Saturday night and there was a dance going on. I asked about it and was told it was "Saturday Night Dance Club". I find nothing about that name anywhere. Can anyone help with information? Thank you!
Old 06-27-2016, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 View Post
Hi! I am rather new here and single. What can anyone tell me about the Singles's groups? I have looked them up online, but are any of you involved in any? I would like to do some fun activities. I go to my Village functions, but they all seem to be couples.

I was a a Rec. center one Saturday night and there was a dance going on. I asked about it and was told it was "Saturday Night Dance Club". I find nothing about that name anywhere. Can anyone help with information? Thank you!
I would suggest you search for Chachacha and Kathy1, they seem to know the singles scene and Kathy1 is the dancer. Go to the top of this page and pull down Community and at the bottom of the list is Members. I believe you will find their contact information there.

My neighbor is a single and she is NEVER home! She's having way more fun than I am!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi, I am fairly new here and am wondering what the single's clubs are like. I would just like to meet some other single people. My neighborhood is all couples. Also, while at Eisenhower Rec. Center a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night, there was a dance going on. The lady at the desk said it was Saturday Night Dance Club. But, I have not found anything with that name anywhere. Anyone know about that? Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I suggest you send a private message to Chachacha. She is very hospitable and knows about all singles activities!
Quote:

On April 24, I suggested that you send a PM to chachacha.
Were you able to reach her?
I'm sure she would be willing and able to answer all your questions; she is very friendly.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:25 PM

Ladies, perhaps some of you may be interested in a group I started. We get together once a month for lunch and to meet new friends. We are called The Womans Do Nothing group mainly because that's what we do!!!!! We meet at The Waterfront Inn. Next month will be on September 2, 2016. You do not have to live in The Villages. No dues. You just pay for your own lunch. We have married woman, single woman, widows, and anyone else who wishes to have a good laugh!!!! Looking forward to hearing from you. Sharon
Old 07-26-2016, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonga View Post
Ladies, perhaps some of you may be interested in a group I started. We get together once a month for lunch and to meet new friends. We are called The Womans Do Nothing group mainly because that's what we do!!!!! We meet at The Waterfront Inn. Next month will be on September 2, 2016. You do not have to live in The Villages. No dues. You just pay for your own lunch. We have married woman, single woman, widows, and anyone else who wishes to have a good laugh!!!! Looking forward to hearing from you. Sharon
Sounds like fun! Who doesn't want to have a good laugh?
I'm up north until November. Do you have a November date planned yet?
Old 07-28-2016, 07:24 AM

Has anyone watched Longmire on Netflix? Normally, not my kind of show - about a sheriff in Wyoming, but after watching a few episodes, got hooked. More favorites are the Masterpiece series Endeavor, Midsomer Murders, Sherlock Holmes, Downton Abby (of course). A very touching movie I came across was Like Sunday, Like Rain. About a young woman in New York who is hired to be an Au Pair for a young prodigy. Very emotional toward the end.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:50 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe

To Kaffeb2 another Masterpiece great series is Cal the Midwife....but you really should start it from the beginning because you grow with the characters.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
To Kaffeb2 another Masterpiece great series is Cal the Midwife....but you really should start it from the beginning because you grow with the characters.
Is Cal The Midwife on Netflix?

My girlfriend suggested I watch a Netflix show called Rita.
Even tho it's weird, a little raunchy, and has subtitles, I got hooked!

I'm definitely watching Like Sunday, Like Rain. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by Barefoot; 08-02-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:07 AM
Default Netflix

I missed that one, but will definitely check it out. Thx.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Happygal7

Thanks, everyone, for the Netflix recommendations. I am watching Lost right now. I was never interested in it when it was on tv. Now, though, I am hooked.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:51 PM

Does any one know of a great cleaning person? I need someone I can trust and that does a very great job. KS
Old 08-06-2016, 08:17 AM

I am also disappointed with Coldwater Creek. When they first opened their store here (Madison, AL) they had the most beautiful holiday clothing ever. I think what I liked about them was their uniqueness and classic looks. Went there on a regular basis, but over the last two or three years, their clothes look like all he others that you can get at any store. They eventually closed their store.

If you like the travel line at Chico's, have you checked out the Travel Smith clothes? I get a couple of catalogs that I really like - Soft Surroundings and Norm Thompson. Are jog suits popular there in the winter?
Old 08-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Default Nail Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
(snipped)
Uptown Girl, I went here to see about Duri Rejuvacote, and there are many different varieties. Amazon.com: duri nail rejuvacote

Can you tell me what to use?
Thanks!
In addition to a nail growth product, you can use a good cuticle oil. Put it on every night before you go to bed, preferably after you facial routine while your hands are still hydrated from the water. I believe you will see a big difference because it feeds your nail at the base where it is formed.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Seale View Post
Does any one know of a great cleaning person? I need someone I can trust and that does a very great job.
I can give you the name of my cleaning lady. She is trustworthy and I like her. But I wouldn't say she does a "very great job." I think she does an adequate job, but I'm not picky. I feel lucky to have her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffeb2 View Post
....... you can use a good cuticle oil. I believe you will see a big difference because it feeds your nail at the base where it is formed.
It works great for me. But CFrance says it does't work for her.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.