Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Bare,

It seems alot of the colors come out much darker then they are supposed to. The other thing is washing your hair in Dawn Dish liquid. Its a little harsh but a good conditioner should do the trick!
OK, I put Dawn Dish liquid on my head for 30 minutes and then washed it off. My hair was even darker than before! Arrrg. This does NOT work.

I'm leaving today for Canada for six months. So I'll just wear a baseball cap for a while.
I'd sit in the sun (as suggested) but we don't have any sunshine in Canada.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Have a safe trip back to Canada. Are you going to fly? Is Lolli going to fly too? My sister fly's her doggies, I would be so nervous. But she said they do just fine.
I'm so sorry about your hair, I soooooo understand cause like I said it happened to me too. Wish I had some ideas for you, I just kept washing and washing lol. I wonder if Donna might have some ideas for you since she has a hair salon? Good luck to you and have a good trip.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Hi Barefoot,

I have been hoping that the Dawn would work. I sure wish it had. I know how you feel. When I had mahogany, purple, pink, whatever hair it was awful. I looked like some kind of pathetic middle-aged punk rocker. And I had to go to work with my hair like that for a few days. That was in 2001. The place where I had been going for years had not figured out that I had too much white hair under there to keep using semi-permanent color. I even gave her a shot at fixing it, but she still did not figure it out. So we broke up, after a lot of years together.

What fixed it is that I found the hairdresser that I still have. She had to strip the color out totally. That process turned my hair kind of the color of yellowish cellophane. Then she went back in to return color. First she used Goldwell which did not cover. Then she she hit it with Wella which covered. So you have to get it out and then put it back. Quite a process. My hair must be tough. I was in her chair for hours and we became buddies. I am still intensely loyal to her.

Was this some kind of school where you went? If so, geez! Where in the heck were the teachers?

I know that black is pretty tough to deal with when this kind of thing happens. You might have to get a really cute, really short haircut and then just grow it out. Or if you cannot stand to do this, find the best, most experienced hairdresser you can find and give that hairdresser your life savings. That's what I had to do.

Oh Barefoot. I have been there. More than once. Also had green hair one time long ago. But I did that to myself. I will have to tell you all about that some time (unless I already have).

I wish you the best. Please keep us posted.

Boomer
Old 04-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
Have a safe trip back to Canada. Are you going to fly? Is Lolli going to fly too? My sister fly's her doggies, I would be so nervous. But she said they do just fine.
I'm so sorry about your hair, I soooooo understand cause like I said it happened to me too. Wish I had some ideas for you, I just kept washing and washing lol. I wonder if Donna might have some ideas for you since she has a hair salon? Good luck to you and have a good trip.

JB, I am flying with my ten pound dog (Biggins) with me in the cabin. I would never put a dog in cargo. I've heard too many horror stories.

Fireboy is driving with Lolli, Snert (the 17 year old cat) and they are towing a motorcycle. Good luck to him. It is a 26 hour drive.

Boomer, thanks for the note on hair colour. I've decided to ignore my black hair .. in three weeks it will fade I know. Hats are my friend.

And by the way, I am very grateful for the information and support you gave me when I had to have Brutus euthanized. Thanks again.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Barefoot,

You are quite welcome. I can relate, as you know.

Spring and blue sky have finally arrived in Ohio and I am not passing the computer as often as on those dreary days of winter. In fact, right now I am going outside with my brand new pair of Felco2 pruners to chop the heads off my Knockout roses. Actually, I am taking them back to less than a foot from the ground. So that's more than just their heads I guess. I turn into the Red Queen when I get my pruners in hand. But I digress...

Anyway, did I miss something? Who is the beautiful creature in your new avatar?

Boomer
Old 04-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Veteran member
Default Holy Smokes Boomer!!

Guess what? My sister just sent me an email, and she dyed her hair with Clairol and she said it came out red, purple and orange!! And she said the same thing that you did lol....that she looked like a punk rocker! Oh...but the point of me telling you this is lol (sorry I tend to yack on and on lol) . She had to go to a professional today, cost her $200, and they told her that she cant color over highlights and sometimes happens when trying to cover gray. She had hair down to her waist, but had to cut it to her ears!!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Sage

Wouldnt it be wonderful if totally bald came into style for women?? Then all we would have to worry about is what polish to use to make it shine!

As Bare would say, easy peasy!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
OK, I put Dawn Dish liquid on my head for 30 minutes and then washed it off. My hair was even darker than before! Arrrg. This does NOT work.

I'm leaving today for Canada for six months. So I'll just wear a baseball cap for a while.
I'd sit in the sun (as suggested) but we don't have any sunshine in Canada.
Oh Bare, Im so sorry the Dawn did not work! It did work for me a while back!

What kind of dye did they use on you? It sounds like the kind of stuff Im looking for that wont fade away in the sunshine. Geeezzzzz! Well one thing for sure is I have seen you in a baseball cap and you look adorable, but if the sun happens to come out in Canada, take the cap off and bask in it, hopefully that will help! Safe journeys for you & Fireboy.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Cool Idea Nonie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Wouldnt it be wonderful if totally bald came into style for women?? Then all we would have to worry about is what polish to use to make it shine!

As Bare would say, easy peasy!

Love it! We could call ourselves "The Bald Babies Club"!
Listen to me lol....I am talking like I already live there lol. I warned you I was silly a.k.a. nuts lol.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Sage

Thats good Jeanne! I like that "the bald babies"

Dont worry about being too silly, Your just fuel for my fire, and were gonna have fun when were both in TV!! I promise!

Old 04-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Sounds great Nonie!!

Yeehaawww!!! I cant wait!! We will have so much fun!!
All we have to do is sell our homes ugh!! And thats no fun!!

Is anyone having problems with the main page on TOTV this afternoon? The screen wont show new posts, I cant sign out, but thats okie. Seems like everything just locked up. Hope this goes thru....it could be my stupid puter .

Jeanne Beannie
Old 04-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Barefoot,

Anyway, did I miss something? Who is the beautiful creature in your new avatar? Boomer
Boomer, as you know, I sadly had to have my twelve-year old dog Brutus euthanized in March. It was heartbreaking, but he had a brain tumor and I had no choice. It was done at home in his own bed, and he passed peacefully over the rainbow bridge. The following week Beady had to have her much-loved Bosun euthanized. Bosun and Brutus are both waiting for us at the other side of the bridge. It was a very sad time for Beady and for me. Our husbands were both working and not available, which was very sad for them. Thank Goddess Beady and I had each other.

Fireboy and I decided to have only one dog for a while, our little 10 lb dog named Biggins. However life intervened as it so often does. We were offered a rescue dog. A 60 lb Portugese Water Dog who is two years old and has had five homes.

In our usual fashion, Fireboy and I were helpless and Lolli Pop moved in. We fell in love with her and I think she feels the same. Porties are very strong willed dogs and need a lot of consistency, firmness and loving discipline. Our only training method is rewarding positive behavior.

She has rewarded us by being obedient, intelligent and loving. She learns very quickly and wants desperately to please us. She has a forever home with us. We both agree we made a great decision.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Veteran member
Default So very sorry....

I am so sorry Barefoot and Beady, for the passing of your beloved babies/pets. It is truly a pain that cant be described. I have gone thru the same twice, and was extremely fortunate to have a wonderful Vet that also came to my home. I am sure they are waiting on the other side of the "Rainbow Bridge". I have that beautiful poem in a frame in my room, and read it often. My thoughts are with you both.
Jeanne
Old 04-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
I am so sorry Barefoot and Beady, for the passing of your beloved babies/pets. It is truly a pain that cant be described. I have gone thru the same twice, and was extremely fortunate to have a wonderful Vet that also came to my home. I am sure they are waiting on the other side of the "Rainbow Bridge". I have that beautiful poem in a frame in my room, and read it often. My thoughts are with you both.
Jeanne
Beady,

I didn't realize that you, along with Barefoot, had lost a pet. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Your Bosun is in a better place... chasing rabbits with Brutus... sailing through the clouds... waiting to see you again.

Kate
Old 04-21-2009, 05:24 AM
Veteran member
Default Good Morning....

Quote:
Thank you Kathie for the nice welcome....you will laugh if I can explain this right. Every night I go to bed with all these villages running thru my head, where am I to look? , and everytime I kept telling myself that I need to check out "Heavenly Hadley". So cool that there are other single women there too! It must have been a premonition sp? lol. Are there any houses there for sale? I look forward to meeting all of you!! Thanks again!
Hi Kathie,
I just called TV yesterday to order the map of all the villages. I have been looking for homes in Heavenly Hadley, but its so hard to tell where these homes are with only a street name. So soon I will be able to focus on your area . Are you sure you want me for a neighbor lol?? I warn you, I am pretty silly lol . I hear many wonderful things about you, looking forward to meeting you!! .

JeanneBeannie
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.