Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
Hi Kathie,
. Are you sure you want me for a neighbor lol?? I warn you, I am pretty silly lol . JeanneBeannie
JeanneBeannie, have no fear, you will fit right in...
Can't wait to have you as a neighbor and part of the swim chicks... Let me know how I can help.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Veteran member
Default Swim Chicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
JeanneBeannie, have no fear, you will fit right in...
Can't wait to have you as a neighbor and part of the swim chicks... Let me know how I can help.

Swim chicks?? Uhoh...as in I will have to wear a bathing suit?!?
I guess I better get exercising lol .

Thank you so much for your offering to help and offering to look at homes for me. I dont want to bother you with that till I sell this house, I thought I would have a little more action on showings , maybe when the weather gets better. It would be a great help tho, as I am trying to figure out selling, trying to get there for a visit (eventho I know I dont need one lol...I am an Aries lol, and my mind is already made up lol ), and finding a home all in a short period of time. Its overwhelming, but I am sure it will be well worth it!! Yeeehaawww!!! Thanks again Kathie.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Golden Sunrise Member
Default Heavenly Hadley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
Hi Kathie,
I just called TV yesterday to order the map of all the villages. I have been looking for homes in Heavenly Hadley, but its so hard to tell where these homes are with only a street name. So soon I will be able to focus on your area . Are you sure you want me for a neighbor lol?? I warn you, I am pretty silly lol . I hear many wonderful things about you, looking forward to meeting you!! .

JeanneBeannie
Hi Jeanne,

If you are looking for a resale home, the search on the TV website lets you search by Village. There are three pages of Hadley resales (although some are on deposit).

The new homes search doesn't search by Village, but there may be a few Hadley homes there that the developer is finishing to close out neighborhoods. It is one of the good things in TV - they don't let empty lots sit forever. Instead they build spec homes on those lots - so you might find a good deal on one of those as they are generally discounted below the new home discount (currently at 4.5%)

Also, there are lots of home in Villages near Hadley (Hemingway, Duval, Largo, Bonita....)

Hope this helps. Looking forward to meeting you.

Kate
Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Veteran member
Default Thank You!!

Kate...thank you so much, that is a big help in my search for a home! Now I have a direction to look at the villages you suggested. . I was so confused with all the different villages. I am going to look at the places you suggested right now! . I will be a full timer, so it would be nice to live near all the nice friends I have met here. . I am looking forward to meeting you too! Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you Kathie, you gals are amazing! I wont be able to travel back and forth too many times, so I am trying to do all the research I can now.
Hopefully it wont be long till I am at the luncheon at Crispers with all of you!

JeanneBeannie
Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Platinum member
Default Bad hair days!

I know that hair cuts have been discussed, but would like to ask if there is anyone anyone would recommend for a short cut, ie Dorothy Hammil. Want to keep lots of hair, just want it short off my neck with a really good cut. We will be moving to TV full time, and would like to find someone there. Thanks.

Pat
Old 04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Gold member

Thanks JeannieBeannie and Katezbox for the kind words to me about losing my Bosun. He really is much better off now and that helps the hurt somewhat.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady View Post
Thanks JeannieBeannie and Katezbox for the kind words to me about losing my Bosun. He really is much better off now and that helps the hurt somewhat.
Beady, I'm so sorry, I didn't know about Bosun. Its very sad to lose our pets. Please let me know if you need a shoulder to cry on or IF YOU WANT TO BORROW A SCHNAUZER!!??????? LOL!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I know that hair cuts have been discussed, but would like to ask if there is anyone anyone would recommend for a short cut, ie Dorothy Hammil. Want to keep lots of hair, just want it short off my neck with a really good cut. We will be moving to TV full time, and would like to find someone there. Thanks.

Pat
Pat,

A friend and I both use Helen at Tuscany in LSL. I have just had color so far (I only cut every few times) but my friend had hers cut shortish - like a Dorothy Hammill - for about a year now, and it looks great even though she has really baby-fine hair.

Kate
Old 04-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I know that hair cuts have been discussed, but would like to ask if there is anyone anyone would recommend for a short cut, ie Dorothy Hammil. Want to keep lots of hair, just want it short off my neck with a really good cut. We will be moving to TV full time, and would like to find someone there. Thanks. Pat
Two possibilities:

Kevin at Salon T on 441 (north of TV). 245-2000
I know three women who have used him very successfully.

John at Urban Hair in Oxford (down the street from Bargains and Treasures)
748-0040. I like John.

I always hesitate to recommend movies, books or beauticians. Everyone is so individual in their opinions and tastes.

Kate's suggestion actually sounds like a winner.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Platinum member

Thank Barefoot and Kate. I tried to make an appointment with Helen, but she is not taking any new clients. Before I could call the others, we were called back to Bonita Springs for a family emergency. We should be back late next week, so will try to plan ahead. Thanks again. Pat
Old 04-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Good morning, Girls,

Before I run away for a while (I just ventured into Political and now I must flee) I just wanted to let you know that I got an email today that said it is the last day of a big sale at Lands End on swimsuits. (aka bathing suits as we discussed earlier in the thread) I glanced through it and it looks like a really decent sale and it even said free shipping.

Now, I really do have to leave for the morning so I can't shop that sale right now. Please don't buy up all of those basic black tanks before I get back. I stockpile those things.

Boomer
Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Default Hair!

Can anyone tell me anything about the Tuscany Spa/Salon on Canal Street!
I need color/cut and it looks nice. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about the Tuscany Spa/Salon on Canal Street! I need color/cut and it looks nice. Any info would be appreciated.
Did you read Kate's post April 21? She is recommending Helen at Tuscany.
Although Starflyte said Helen isn't accepting new customers. (Which I would think means Helen is exceptionally good!)

If I wanted to go to Tuscany, I'd call Helen myself and ask her for an appointment (or a recommendation if she isn't accepting new clients). Helen would be in a position to know who is really good at Tuscany.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Thanks, I didn't get that Helen was at Tuscany. I'll give her a call.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Good morning, Girls,

I just wanted to let you know that I got an email today that said it is the last day of a big sale at Lands End on swimsuits. (aka bathing suits as we discussed earlier in the thread) I glanced through it and it looks like a really decent sale and it even said free shipping. I can't shop that sale right now. Please don't buy up all of those basic black tanks before I get back. I stockpile those things. Boomer
I got the Lands End catalogue and it looks like they have a fabulous selection of bathing suits. I just can't get my head around buying a bathing suit without trying it on first.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.