Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Sage

Bare,

I have to make sure all the bad places are sort of covered. Course i suppose I should wear a wetsuit in that case!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I just used the Salon Professional Academy for a hair color. I could have done it at home in ten minutes by using "Perfect 10"! But I thought I'd give the Academy a try. It took them 2 1/2 hours to turn my hair coal black. Which would be just fine, if I hadn't requested light brown. Never, never again. And if you see me, I'll be wearing a hat for a while.
Well, it is 17 days after my hair was mistakenly dyed black. I thought by now it would have faded. I've washed it frequently with Dawn Dishwasher Detergent, Head and Shoulders, and WD40. (Just kidding about the WD40). I'd like to say one thing about the hair colour at the Salon Professioinal Academy .. it really lasts. Which would be a big plus if only my hair colour had turned out to be requested light golden brown.

In my opinion, no woman over the age of 25 looks good in black hair. Too harsh. I'm still wearing baseball hats everywhere. To a seminar last weekend, out to dinner last night. Oh well, if that is my biggest problem, I'm a lucky duck.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I got the Lands End catalogue and it looks like they have a fabulous selection of bathing suits. I just can't get my head around buying a bathing suit without trying it on first.
To me that is part of the beauty. At home I can try them on by candlelight instead of in the harsh glare of department store lighting. And if I take out my contact lenses, that's even better.

(Actually I think you can send the suits back to Lands End. You might want to call them and ask if you are considering one.)

And even though I am not tall, I gotta tellya, the "long" cut covers a multitude of sins and lets me pretend that it is 1974 all over again......Wellllll, maybe if I don't wear my contact lenses and try the suit on by candlelight.

Boomer
Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Bare,

I have to make sure all the bad places are sort of covered. Course i suppose I should wear a wetsuit in that case!
Nonie,

I have the perfect solution!

The one piece body suit the swimmers wore in the Olympics with a skirt.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Whose job is it to tell those guys what not to wear?

Good morning,

It is so wonderful to have this "Girl Talk" thread because I know that I can come in here and share what I just witnessed and you will understand. And I also know that guys never read this thread so I don't have to worry about any of them showing up here to play defense.

Maybe this kind of thing never happens at water aerobics in TV, but this morning where I live, it did.

I really like my water aerobics class. We have fun. Because it is a morning class, we are mostly retired. There are a few men in the class. Retired guys. And today, one of those guys got out of the pool early and one arrived late.

So what's the big deal?

Well, somebody needs to tell these guys to take a good look at their swim trunks.

The guy who got out early was wearing those long, baggy style trunks. That would have been OK. EXCEPT THESE TRUNKS WERE WHITE! WHITE! WET! CLINGY! AAAAAUGHHHH!! And of course we could not help but look when he got out early and walked across the front of the pool behind the instructor. This guy was providing us with way too much information. I don't think he realized what those white trunks looked like wet. He just did not know what he looked like from behind. (I did not see the front, fortunately.)

Just when I had recovered from Mr. See-Through-Pants, the guy who was late showed up and paraded across the front of the pool. His trunks were tiger striped. But that was not the problem. This guy's trunks were of the design that is best described as a banana hammock. (I guess I am allowed to say that. We're all just girls in here.) Needless to say, it was a most unattractive sight. I am not sure if any guy should wear those things in public, but certainly not the best choice for his age.

Once on here long ago, we had a discussion of comb overs and how what in the heck are those guys thinking. And why doesn't somebody gently tell them better. Today, at the pool, I thought the same thing. Why doesn't somebody tell these guys to revisit their swim trunks selection?

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-04-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Gold member
Unhappy

Oh Boomer, I can relate.
Just yesterday there was a man with a banana hammock at the Calumet Grove Pool here in TV!!!
Arggggggggggg. He needs to be told that an overweight man in his late 70's(that' a guess), does not look appealing in a hammock. The hairy chest and large belly hanging over top of the suit was not attractive. But the crowning glory was the white tube socks and sneakers that here wore with the suit. He never took them off.....his feet had better coverage than the rest of his body.
As I said...Argggggggggg.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Sage

ha! ha! ha!

IMHO Its a good thing his feet had good coverage, from the sound of the rest of him that wouldnt have been a pretty sight!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Sage

I personally think that bathing suits of the 1930s offer the right amount of coverge. Although I think that those suits were made out of wool, and therefore were a bit itchy.

Certainly thong suits, bikini's and bananna hammocks are just NOT flattering to anyone over 45.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Veteran member
Default Eeeewwww Yuk!!!

"Bananna Hammocks"?!? "White See Thru Shorts"?!? "Fat Hairy Chests"?!?
Is this what I have to look forward to looking at when I relax by the pool??
Gross lol lol!!! .
I have never laughed so hard lol! Never heard them called "bananna hammocks" before lol...thats a good one!!
Jeanne
Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 PM

no dress code at the pools? Just kidding.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Sage

I hear there is nude dipping at some pools after dark. Now that is even worse than a bannana hammock.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Sage

eeeeeeeeeeeeyukkkkkkkkkkkkk! I cant Bare the visual!!!!!LOL

Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Sage
Default New topic

Beauty Treatments:

Has anyone experienced Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing?

I've visited the website of course. But it is just like the diet websites where everyone lost 50 pounds in five weeks. And of course you know it isn't true, but some part of you wants to believe it is possible.

If you know anyone who has had Fraxel Laser, I'd love to hear the comments.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Sage

Bare,

Doesnt this just smooth out the surface of your skin but actually does not tighten anything up or get rid of the deep creases and lines???

Old 05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Sage

today is the first interview with Elizabeth Edwards on the Oprah show.

Should be vedy interesting!!!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.