Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Veteran member
Smile Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful ladies!!

I hope you have an extra special day!!

Jeanne

P.S. I really tried to figure out how to put the cute cards or pretty lettering but still cant figure it out lol .
Old 05-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Sounds like my kind of golf, think I'm gonna take lessons too.
Whalen, I'm taking lessons when I return in October ... and I've never golfed before. If you're not in a hurry, we can take lessons together. (And I'm more interested in lunch afterward than in golfing).

Boomer's "grip assist" sounds like a neat idea.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Girls, I just have to tell you about this new thing I got. You probably already know about these things. But I did not.

I finally got around to taking golf lessons....again.....remedial golf. I have not played in a very long time. I am not an athlete. Not even close. My Wii tells me all the time that I am a pathetic loser.

But I want to play golf again. I think golf courses are really pretty and I like to go out to lunch after. I do not like to keep score. I do not like to play with any of those intense golfers who might try to bludgeon me with a driver before the 3rd hole even. I manage to find my own kind.

Anyway, the other night at the golf lesson, I learned about this special grip that I could have put on a club. It makes my hands go in the right place so that I do not have to keep looking at them and looking for the v's and looking for which finger is where, and all the while, trying to remember where my feet and shoulders and head and heels and toes and eyes and nose and all other parts of me are located so that I can get ready to swing.

So anyway, I got one of these things glued onto a club. I have not used it yet. But I am pretty excited about it. The guy who put it on told me that it will just get me used to the right grip and it will become natural. I guess we will see about that.

I will never be good. I just want to not be embarrassed. I want to be at least worthy of getting one of those cute skirts (skorts) and a new visor.

Boomer
Boomer,

I would love to golf/lunch with you!

I am not very good - but usually no longer need to be embarrassed. Our new home is near the Kenya course so hubs and I played 18 there yesterday - then he bought me the cutest little golf skort with matching top - and an adorable little hat to match that has a bow in back - at the Havana pro shop - all to celebrate my first Mothers' Day in TV.

kate

PS I so love this thread
Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Boomer,

I would love to golf/lunch with you!

I am not very good - but usually no longer need to be embarrassed. Our new home is near the Kenya course so hubs and I played 18 there yesterday - then he bought me the cutest little golf skort with matching top - and an adorable little hat to match that has a bow in back - at the Havana pro shop - all to celebrate my first Mothers' Day in TV.

kate

PS I so love this thread
I will get there eventually and I will be quite willing to golf and lunch or lunch and not golf.

What color is the new outfit? I am thinking I want yellow or turquoise.

(I am supposed be doing a self imposed cleaning of the kitchen cabinets. It seems I have too many wine glasses in there and I need to relocate some of them. (It was a very long winter here.) But I just stopped by the computer to check the market and now look where I am. 'tis an affliction of sorts, to say the least.

I have a landscaping crew here today. Putting in lots of new stuff. I just finally figured out, hey hire it done. I keep screwing it up when I try to do it myself. And I cannot convince Mr. Boomer that a shovel is a power tool. Fortunately though, he still believes me when I tell him that the food processor and the Kitchen-Aid mixer are power tools.

Uh oh. Here he comes! shhhhhhhhhhh

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-11-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Sage

Back to Fraxel Skin Resurfacing for a second .. does anyone out there know anything about it? All I had to do was mention the Rhomba cleaner and lots of people fessed up to using one. I think you're all being suspiciously quiet on the Fraxel laser. Hmmmm my little chickadees?

For the easily confused, there is no connection between skin lasers and a robot vacuum. At least I don't think there is.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Boy Howdy. Fraxel. Roomba. cha cha cha.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Whalen, I'm taking lessons when I return in October ... and I've never golfed before. If you're not in a hurry, we can take lessons together. (And I'm more interested in lunch afterward than in golfing).

Boomer's "grip assist" sounds like a neat idea.
I'll wait, October seems like a good time to start.
I especially like the lunch part.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Back to Fraxel Skin Resurfacing for a second .. does anyone out there know anything about it? All I had to do was mention the Rhomba cleaner and lots of people fessed up to using one. I think you're all being suspiciously quiet on the Fraxel laser. Hmmmm my little chickadees?

For the easily confused, there is no connection between skin lasers and a robot vacuum. At least I don't think there is.
No knowledge of Fraxels - but my daughter and S-I-L have a Roomba (named Rosie, after the Jetsons) - and love her. We plan to but one for our home in TV,

Boomer - my new outfit is back and white striped skirt (going up and down of course with aqua trim and a white top with aqua and black trim and an aqua hat. I feel so girly in it.

I will confess to occasional revenge golf. The hubs and I played Churchill Greens tonight. On the 2nd par four I was about 165 yards from the green after my tee shot. He said, don't you think it is safe for you to take your shot. I said not really - if I hit this club well I could be within 20 yards of the green and that is too close for comfort.

Now my hubs is not sexist and is one of the sweetest men alive. But I caught that look of testosterone charged disbelief - so I stepped up, took my shot - and landed in the bunker at the edge of the green. I hate bunkers, but it was so worth it to be able to smirk at him.

Oh well - I am not perfect - and even being petty can be a pleasure. Did not wear my new outfit tonight - saving it for some unknown golf occasion.

Kate
Old 05-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

Kate - don't you hate it when men do that? The biggest issue I have when my hubby says "you can shoot now, you won't hit near them" is that if I insist on waiting I never get a good shot afterward. Usually I'll duff it at that point and it will go about 10 feet. If I do just go ahead and shoot, I end up hitting into the players ahead of us.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Soaring Parsley
Default Update on the grip

I recently told you about the special grip that I had put on one of my golf clubs. Cost: $6.50 -- Result: Priceless

Please keep in mind that when I say the result was priceless, well, everything is relative, you know. What I meant was that I hit the ball. And then it went up into the air in a nice looking arc and sort of straight and did not lie embarrassingly just a few feet out from where I stood at the driving range.

For me, that's priceless.

I might have these remedial grip things put on all my clubs. It's not like I will ever play competitively so nobody should complain.

Oh Girls.....The ball!!!!!!....It went up, up and away!!

Boomer
Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
I recently told you about the special grip that I had put on one of my golf clubs. Cost: $6.50 -- Result: Priceless
Boomer
Is there a manufacturer's name for the grip? I'd like to ask for it when I take golf lessons.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Is there a manufacturer's name for the grip? I'd like to ask for it when I take golf lessons.
Hi Barefoot,

When I saw your question, I went out into the garage, popped the trunk, and looked at the club. There is no name. They peel off the old grip and put this one on and then you have to let the glue dry. The grip forces you to put your hands in the right place and also has markings. My clubs have markings (probably all clubs do - don't know) but I have to stop and look at those and sometimes still don't get it right. With this grip, there is no way to do it wrong.

If you ask about it at the shop at the course, they should know what you are talking about. I figured I would have to leave the club there and pick it up in a few days, but my instructor just stood right there and did the whole thing. (I think he might think I am an emergency case.)

Now, I know there are certain golfers out there who might be reading this thing about my pathetic joy in this grip thing. And they are probably snickering to themselves. But I'll just bet that the ones who are snickering should not be reading something called GIRL TALK.

Boomer
Old 05-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Veteran member

If they are the grips that I think you are talking about, they are practice grips. (or teaching grips, whichever terminology you prefer!) My sister coached the high school girl's golf team, and she used those grips to teach the girls how to hold a club. They are not "legal" grips for use in a golf tournament, but I can't imagine anyone complaining if you are just playing for fun.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschuler1 View Post
If they are the grips that I think you are talking about, they are practice grips. (or teaching grips, whichever terminology you prefer!) My sister coached the high school girl's golf team, and she used those grips to teach the girls how to hold a club. They are not "legal" grips for use in a golf tournament, but I can't imagine anyone complaining if you are just playing for fun.
Hi SS,

The instructor said what you said about the tournament play. But there is sure no danger of that with me. I have written on here a few times about my lack of coordination. It's real. I am not good at athletic stuff, but those golf courses are so pretty and then there is the out to lunch part. For that, I will practice.

I have confessed here before that I dance like Elaine on Seinfeld and I once fell right into the fountain at a local shopping mall. I guess when finally I get to TV, in addition to starting a Carl Hiaasen book club, I will have to start a golf group called the "If Even Your Best Friend Would Not Pick You For Her Team in High School Gym Class, You Can Play Golf With Us" golfing group. (I guess that is kind of a long name for the group though. I will have to work on a better name or maybe a name that can have an acronym.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-17-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Veteran member
Smile Boomer you are tooooo funny Lol!!

Quote:
Hi SS,

The instructor said what you said about the tournament play. But there is sure no danger of that with me. I have written on here a few times about my lack of coordination. It's real. I am not good at athletic stuff, but those golf courses are so pretty and then there is the out to lunch part. For that, I will practice.

I have confessed here before that I dance like Elaine on Seinfeld and I once fell right into the fountain at a local shopping mall. I guess when finally I get to TV, in addition to starting a Carl Hiaasen book club, I will have to start a golf group called the "If Even Your Best Friend Would Not Pick You For Her Team in High School Gym Class, You Can Play Golf With Us" golfing group. (I guess that is kind of a long name for the group though. I will have to work on a better name or maybe a name that can have an acronym.)

Boomer
Oh Boomer how I enjoy your posts lol!! . The first time I read your posts about your new grips....I thought "gee...I have a golf course down the road...maybe I will take lessons (again) before I get to TV". But then I thought naaaa....I will wait till I get to TV, it will be more fun with you gals, and then we can go to lunch lol . And now that you said you got the golf ball in the air (that has always been my problem lol ) I will definitely try the grips you suggest. Look forward to golfing with you gals, but for fun for me...and lunch sounds fun too lol.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.