Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

What a great story Kate. Thanks for asking her to share it Bare!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey View Post
What a great story Kate. Thanks for asking her to share it Bare!
I knew all the girls would love Kate's story.

And now I have to go out back and howl at the moon. Adam lost, I'm in shock.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Veteran member
Smile Wonderful Story!!!

That is such a beautiful story Kate, so glad Bare asked you to share it with us. You and your hubby have huge hearts . You must have been so excited waiting for their return. Great story!!!
My son and I have a cute story, but nothing compared to yours thats for sure lol. We moved in this house in late November and Christmas morning we got 3-4 ft. of snow. My son was out snowmobiling and I was watching him at the window, he came to the window to say hi and shut the engine off and all of a sudden we heard this little meowing. Sure enough there was this teenie tiny kitty right there up in the tree! She was the size of my hand and practically lifeless. Long story short, my son nursed her back to health and we still have her and she is a beautiful jet black kitty. How original, thats her name lol. How on earth she ever got up here on this mountain is beyond me. She must have been a gift from Santa.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Sage

A joke for the girls:

A Doctor was addressing a large audience in Tampa .

"The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous. And none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water.

But there is one food that is the most dangerous of all to eat. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old woman in the front row raised her hand, and softly said, 'Wedding Cake?'
Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage
Talking Hahahaha!

Bare! Ain't it the truth! That is sooooo funny!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage

Bare, I noticed you told that joke very quietly. LOL any particular reason?

Good one!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Sometimes we talk about Coldwater Creek in this thread. So I thought I would tell you about the pants I just bought there. The style is called "Willow" and these are wide leg but not a huge wide leg that makes you look like an aging mermaid walking around. Just a nice dressy look. Front zip. The fabric is poly, rayon, and a touch of my best friend spandex. And they are machine washable so says the tag.

These pants have a little weight to them and would not be the most comfortable thing to wear casually in heat. But if you need something a little dressy, to wear with a jacket, and maybe a low heel, you might like this style, too.

And the very best part of all is that I think they run a little big. I could buy the size that I know I have really outgrown. It was a long winter.

If you have been around here for a while, you may have been with me last summer when I wrote about the quest for the dress to wear to my niece's wedding. Well, of course, it was one of those dresses that I thought would mean I would have to just face the fact that I would only get to wear it one time. Beaded jacket and all that. And then another niece decided to get married. Different side of the family and so I was all set. Or so I thought. I CANNOT FIT INTO THAT DRESS. Well I can fit into it. BUT IT AIN'T PURDY. And I do not have enough time left to make it happen.

So I will wear these new pants from Coldwater Creek and a jacket to the rehearsal dinner. (I am the favorite aunt again -- well actually I am the only aunt this time-- and so I will be reading at this wedding, too.) And then for the wedding the next day, I will squeeze myself into a kinder dress, not the one from the quest. (sigh) And maybe just wear allllll my jewelry so I can throw off a blinding light so nobody can tell what I did all winter.

Boomer the Zaftig

Last edited by Boomer; 05-21-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:17 PM

boomer just keep smiling and no body will notice the dress. Maybe we need swap shop for dressy clothes worn gently one time only.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Veteran member

As nice as that dress was Boomer, there are bound to be generous seams. Look at the seams on the dress and see if there is some fabric there to work with. It is amazing what a tailor can do, and usually in very little time. You had the perfect shoes and jewelry to go with it. Seems a shame not to get to wear all that again.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Soaring Parsley

Hi SS,

I know. But the date is coming up really fast. I am so aggravated that I did what I did. It's like I blacked out and whoops eight pounds later. I have another dress that will work. But I really liked that dress. But if I wear it, I will have to stuff myself into it. And now what will I do with it? All the nieces will be married as of this wedding.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-21-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Eternal Member
Default Perfect

Boomer -

I have found the perfect dress for you!!!!!!

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery...remiere-02.jpg

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
Boomer -

I have found the perfect dress for you!!!!!!

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery...remiere-02.jpg

Boomer avoids photographers a lot but I believe that that is her at the last wedding. People really paid attention when she did the reading!!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Soaring Parsley

GG and IG,

I really do not like the sleeves on that one. But thanks so much.

This is the other dress I bought last summer:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2997580?...=searchresults

And it has to be the most forgiving dress in the entire western world, actually the whole world, maybe even the universe.

And in this new era of wedding manners, I hear that black is fine at a wedding. I think white is still a no-no. Not sure.

I have a long strand of pearls (fake but they look good) that I am thinking of wearing with it. They are so long that they can be looped into a double strand or knotted. I am a fan of long knotted strands of pearls. (I don't think I was ever a flapper though.)

So anyway, for now, this dress is the backup. Time will tell. And really, I do not know why I am concerned. Nobody is going to look at Aunt Boomer. This is another drop-dead gorgeous bride.

Boomer of the Wedding

Last edited by Boomer; 05-22-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Eternal Member
Thumbs up Wedding Boomer

Ahh Boomer - I thought you would love Angelina's dress!!
The black dress is gorgeous - and there is nothing more perfect than black and pearls.
I remember the dress you had for the other wedding' -
it was beautiful but so is this one.

Knock em dead!!!!!!

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

That dress is the perfect "little black dress" that everyone needs in their closet! And black is very chic for any occasion anymore. I'm sure you will look lovely!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.