Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
bare....I've given up eating red meat (almost 30 years ago) but really don't miss it.

One of my favorite meat dishes (well, mostly veggies) is turkey chili ; ground turkey meat, 3 different kinds of canned beans, grated carrots, chopped celery, lots of garlic, onions, spices, tomatoes, marinara sauce.... almost anything.

I also eat lots of tuna salad, tuna sandwiches, fish, chicken-apple sausages, egg-white-veggie omelets
Nonie, like you I also don't eat veal or lamb, never have. Or frog's legs, venison, bear, horsemeat, goat, etc. It is strange, I missed steak at first but now I have no desire for it whatsoever. But Fireboy eats steak .. I don't try to dictate to anyone else what they should eat.

CIB ... Good suggestion on the turkey chilli. I love chilli and (being lazy) I love crock-pot cooking. It just never occurred to me to make chilli with turkey, duh!

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Veteran member
Talking Turkey Chili....yummy!!!!

I made turkey chili recently, I didnt tell my son to see if he could tell and he was raving about how good it was....I kept giggling. Finally I told him, and we both agreed it was better than the beef chili. Very good...I definitley recommend you try it.
And...since that was a hit, I made turkey meat balls, altho I couldnt trick him since you could tell by the color of them hehe...but they were delicious as well!! Very moist!
I did see a show on that recently Bare on Oprah, giving lots of suggestions for ideas of what to eat on a veggie diet, I will look and see if I can find it.
Good for you, I give you alot of credit.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Sage

Believe it or not I have made turkey chili also, and it is outstanding. ( I actually do cook at times!)

I dont feel quite as bad about eating turkey because Hubs raised them at one point and every time I walked out of my house, they would run down the driveway and attack me. I felt like a prisoner in my own home!

However I am starting to feel badly about eating chicken. I saw a chicken on television playing "twinkle twinlkle little star " on the piano with his beak, I never realized how trainable and smart they are!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Eternal Member
Default Northwest/Delta Merger - Attendants' Delimma

I have a friend who has been with Delta for years and she already has humorous stories about the merger with Northwest.
Attached is a news release about Northwest flight attendants are upset that Delta does not have their uniforms up to Size 28!!
When I was accepted by American ions ago(I got married instead), no one could wear over size 10!!!
Comments???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31856740/from/ET/

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.

Last edited by islandgal; 07-12-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Boomer - English major misspelled Dilemma-oops! Can't edit subject!!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Dancing Thyme

IG, I saw this today on a news program and I was a little confused about the issue until I read your attachment. Being a well-rounded lady myself, I wouldn't ever dream of wearing a bright red dress, I'd look like an giant lollipop. (no comments you guys.) Personally, I wear a lot of BLACK!!!! It does hide some flaws. I think I'd be more upset that they created that ugly red dress in the first place. Does anyone agree with me.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Veteran member

The part that bothers me was the remark about looking Sexy.

Unless I'm in the business of selling sex what does that have to do with my job?

Also what are the male Flight Attendants going to wear so they look Sexy?
Old 07-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Dancing Thyme

NOTHING!!! LOL....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post

Attached is a news release about Northwest flight attendants are upset that Delta does not have their uniforms up to Size 28!! When I was accepted by American ions ago(I got married instead), no one could wear over size 10!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31856740/from/ET/
I remember the 1960s when flight attendants had to have their weight checked regularly to make sure they stayed petite!! If they gained weight they couldn't work until they lost it. Wowser, have things ever changed.

Kathie, I agree that black is definitely more forgiving than red. Unfortunately, in a black bathing suit, the white flabby bits still stick out.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Sage

Yep, that globby white stuff shows up real good ! I think alot of fake suntan stuff might help. At least all that cellulite is brown not white!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Nonie. You are right...and funny too.

Most of the male flight attendants I have seen look fine in their pseudo pilot type outfit. Almost all men look good in pilot suits, don't you think?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default The lady in red

IG,

My! My! That is quite a dress. I like the lines of it. Good sleeve length. Good skirt. The fabric looks too shiny though, on my computer anyway. But, for a uniform???? That décolletage is definitely saying, "Coffee, tea, or me?" Do you think the airline is setting them up to work for tips?

When I saw your post, it reminded me of a lunchtime conversation at work a few years ago. A woman that I worked with, a young mom, had just returned from Disneyworld with her husband and little boys. She had hunted down the best price for airline tickets. She ended up flying "Hooters Air." Well, the rest of us had never heard of this airline. She said it was cheap. But she also said that there was only one flight attendant dressed in Hooters garb. And then she said that she actually felt sorry for her, running around the plane in her Hooters ensemb. Of course, the rest of us women, all well seasoned, collapsed in a heap of laughter. And then we had a little talk with our young friend, about choices, and about who not to worry about.

Now, on to a message for Barefoot....

Hi Barefoot,

I see that you are working on being a vegetarian. I am not a vegetarian. Just gotta bare my fangs once in a while. But it has to be for really good red meat. I do try to limit it.

One of the things that I have found works for lunch or whenever is hummus. I don't make it, but I have recently found a brand that I really like. Sabra. I have tried only the classic hummus so far, but they have lots of different kinds. I put it on Wasa Crispbread.

A couple of weeks ago I had a meeting for my class reunion committee and I served it along with other light fare. (Buncha women. You know the drill. Wine was flowing.) I used Stacy's pita chips with the hummus then. But those things cost 10 million dollars a bag. And I actually like the Wasa bread better. I have tried other hummus and not been all that excited about it. But this stuff, I like a lot. And it will get you through a while without getting hungry.

Here is the link to the company that makes it.

http://www.sabra.com/

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-14-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:17 PM

I agree with you Islandgal....I worked for Pan Am in the late 1960's and size 10 was tops!!! No excuses!! I flew to NY two weeks ago on Jet Blue and the attendant looked like a size 20 and she could pass for a wrestler! Times sure do change!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Sage
Default The Bachelorette

Is anyone else torturing themselves by watching The Bachelorette? It is such a lame program and highly improbably that a woman could find a soul mate in a fantasy setting in front of TV cameras. And she is also chewing the face off four or five guys at the same time, ewwww.

Last night she sent home Reid, my fav. Two left, I guess there is a "grand finale" coming up soon. I really feel I'm wasting my time by watching this stuff, but somehow it has a fascination ... It is like watching an accident, hard to look away.

P.S. Boomer, I'll be trying Sabra hummus, not sure if it will be available in Canada (I'm on exile here until October).
Old 07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Dancing Thyme

I love hummus. Back in the 70's before it was so popular, I used to make my own. Its really easy. But, when Bare and Boomer get here, I have found that Fresh Market has the best hummus. Very creamy and delicious......

Old 07-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Sage

Sabra hummus is the best.

Sweetbay and Publix both carry it (in multiple flavor/varieties).

Can also get large size tub at good price at Sam's Club and Costco.

My favs are the ones with roasted pine nuts and with olives.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.