Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 PM

the only time I ever lost two sizes was the day I gave birth to twins!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Today for lunch: V8. Hummus on Wasa bread.

Tonight for dinner: Went out for Italian.

What was it Scarlett O'Hara said?....... "Tomorrow is another day."

You know, perhaps I should be inspired by Scarlett's words and write a diet book using them in the title.

I can just see it on the bestseller list. By Boomer. I will have a lovely airbrushed photo on the back cover. I will come to Barnes and Noble to autograph copies. I will be wearing Spanx under my designer suit bought with my instant wealth as my book flies off the shelves. I will be on Oprah. I know Oprah will just love my diet. Why yes! I can do this.......

The Fiddle-Dee-Dee Diet: Tomorrow Is Another Day
by
Boomer

Reserve your copies now, girls. And you can say you knew me when.......
Old 08-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Dancing Thyme

So I come home a little while ago, from yelling and screaming at all the karaoke singers at Red Sauce, and swooning over my new love Patrick, (eat your heart out Ronnie), and lo and behold, I open up this thread on Girl Talk and am amazed at how hysterical you ladies are. See we're back to being the fun forum we used to be. It didn't take much, just a little feminine fortitude and ingenuity, and of course Boomer Humor!!! You ladies are the best.

And,,,, by the way, the spanx was very cool tonight and believe me, it was hot, hot, hot!!! Especially dancing in this humidity.

Boomer, sign me up for one copy.
Chels, you really are hysterical, LMAO!!
Another Linder, let's keep the good stuff going and forget the political crap....
Nonie and Julie, I promise to send you the PM's now that I'm home from acting crazy at Red Sauce.

Sigh!! Kathie's in heaven........

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Default spanx

I bought the one that comes all the way to the bottom of your bra..said it would smooth out the rolls under knit type materials. well, it did the job but I had a hard time breathing and didn't realize why until I took the dam thing off at the end of the night...a wasted $29.95 garment..but had to laugh at my stupidity for not realizing that spanx was the problem..:
Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My diet is simple. If it tastes good, spit it out!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Ahhhhh this is wonderful! 'Girl Talk" is alive and going strong!!
You go girls!!!

I have missed alot of excitement here I see, spanx, diets, politics. Most of all I miss all of you great gals and our girl talk. I have been so busy packing, lawyers, realtors, inspectors, bank appraisers etc. that I have lost touch lol.

Glad to see all is well with my gal pals!!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Girls, Girls, Girls!!!!

You have fallen into their trap. You have just transformed our WONDERFUL Girl Talk Thread (thank you Bare for starting this thread) and turned into into a Political Bit*h session. What am I missing? I find it very easy to ignore what I don't want to read. Its also easy to change the % of threads all about political by posting your own thread about something nice, Like Happy Birthday, or Who likes Spanx??? What happened to our fun thread, is the negativity catching? I hope not, It will never catch me....

Speaking of dieting,,,, why is it no matter how much I dance at night and sweat my arse off, I still don't lose weight??

Girls, what can be done? What am I doing wrong????? Help please...... Your loving sista,,,, Kath
Thanks Kathie for bringing back the fun.

I think it is contagious, last time I looked politial posts down to about 5%.

Last edited by Whalen; 08-13-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Naw. Those political posts are still there. We are just ignoring them.

No use being worried and stressed when you have a choice.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
GG, I love you but remind me not to sit opposite you at the dinner table.... ewwwwwwww....

Whalen, your welcome, see how "easy peasy" it is (to quote our sista, Barefoot)..... to change the topics back to being fun!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
GG, apparently when the heritible genes in my family were passed to me they didn't include the "spit out" gene. No, my family eating gene is the "eat EVERYTHING and swallow" gene, thereby contributing to the "packing on the pounds" gene.

Hey Halle, where's that cake you were talking about?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

Julie,

Heck if I know, I have been waiting for the FEDEX delivery still a no show.

Maybe Handie stole my cake?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
GG, apparently when the heritible genes in my family were passed to me they didn't include the "spit out" gene. No, my family eating gene is the "eat EVERYTHING and swallow" gene.....................

Hey Halle, where's that cake you were talking about?
Hi Julie,

I sure hope that your family does not also have that gene that falls in beween the spit-it-out gene and the "eat everything and swallow" gene, the seefood gene.

This gene becomes obvious when there is an unsuspecting dining companion at the table. If a family member has this gene, the family member will ask, "Do you like seefood?"

And you know the rest I bet. Either because the gene is in your family or because you have been taken in by that seemingly innocent question by hearing it as, "Do you like seafood?"

You probably know by now that you must never answer "Yes" if asked this question. Because that is the point where the one with that gene hollers, "SEE FOOD!" and opens wide his mouth, full of chewed food. And then laughs maniacally.

Fortunately this gene most often shows itself in childhood and then it is outgrown.....sometimes.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-13-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Sage

Here is what I think about diets.

If you're a cocker spaniel, you're never gonna look like a greyhound no matter how hard you try.

Oprah is one of the wealthiest women in the world. We have seen her weight struggles over the years. I think at one time she fasted and got into size three jeans. The last I heard she is over 200 lbs again. Oprah has access to the best cooks, the best personal trainers, unlimited money for diet spas, etc. And yet she struggles, and struggles.

Now I personally think Oprah is a fantastic woman, and beautiful as well. I admire her greatly! I think she is a wonderful caring person as well as a successful billionaire. And I bet when she takes a shower and looks in the mirror she hates her body.

We women are so hard on ourselves. We are such complex and complicated people and I actually feel sorry for the men in our lives that struggle to understand us.

We all love each other for our personalities, not for our looks. Why in hell can't we be happy with that?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Here is what I think about diets.

If you're a cocker spaniel, you're never gonna look like a greyhound no matter how hard you try.

Oprah is one of the wealthiest women in the world. We have seen her weight struggles over the years. I think at one time she fasted and got into size three jeans. The last I heard she is over 200 lbs again. Oprah has access to the best cooks, the best personal trainers, unlimited money for diet spas, etc. And yet she struggles, and struggles.

Now I personally think Oprah is a fantastic woman, and beautiful as well. I admire her greatly! I think she is a wonderful caring person as well as a successful billionaire. And I bet when she takes a shower and looks in the mirror she hates her body.

We women are so hard on ourselves. We are such complex and complicated people and I actually feel sorry for the men in our lives that struggle to understand us.

We all love each other for our personalities, not for our looks. Why in hell can't we be happy with that?

Bare -

Thanks for making it real... Any my apologies for digressing into politics on this thread.

Nonie - one of my friends heard the infomercial for the body shaper. Like many of you gals (and unlike me) she is well endowed. I told her that all the "back rolls" that she was trying to do away with had to go somewhere. If a pair of hip hugger jeans gives a woman who is not a stick a muffin top - this thing must have her boobs backwards and over her head...

Remember the song...

Do your boobs hang low,
Do they wobble to and fro,
Can you tie them in a knot,
Can you time them in a bow?

Can you throw them over your shoulder,
Like a continental soldier?

Do yo BOOBS HANGGGGGGG LOOOWOWOWOWWWW?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Remember the song...

Do your boobs hang low,
Do they wobble to and fro,
Can you tie them in a knot,
Can you time them in a bow?

Can you throw them over your shoulder,
Like a continental soldier?

Do yo BOOBS HANGGGGGGG LOOOWOWOWOWWWW?
That's one of them songs you can't get out of your head. LOL I'll be singing it all day long now! Love it!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.