Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

Bare, I don't care what Kathie says, not everyone had boobs at age 11. I for one, cried and begged my mom for a bra when I was 12 even though I was flat as a board. You know what her solution was? She gave me a hand-me-down trainer bra that was s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out, faded and had elastic dangling from several key areas. ...

Julie, we are soul sisters. My mother also gave me a hand-me-down trainer bra, a cast off from my big sister. The bra was so big I had to tie the straps together in the back to make it fit.

Perhaps I can blame my eating disorder on the trauma I encountered with my used trainer bra. Or perhaps I should admit that I don't have an ounce of will power.

I'm definitely stocking up on V8 juice tomorrow. Kathie, if you have $4,000 to spend on a diet, please send it to me. I'll fly down to TV and body check you anytime you want to eat something fattening.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Why did Scarlett love Ashley Wilkes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
And Chelsea, do you think there is a woman anywhere in this "Girl Talk" thread or anywhere else all across this land who can figure out whatinthehell Scarlett ever saw in that -- oh such a good boy -- gotta shake the sheets to find him -- Ashley Wilkes!

That has been bothering me since I read the book in junior high school. Does anybody around here know the answer????

Ohhhhh, I gotta go get some sleep. It is past my bedtime and I should not be typing.

Boomer

I figure it's because she knew every woman needs at least one gay male friend.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Sage

Oh How I hate to admit this , but you girls have brought back a very funny memory .(We are still in "girl talk arent we?)

My mother simply would not buy me a training bra, she said I didnt need one yet and that was that so.......

I went down stairs to my aunt Rosies house who lived on the first floor, went sneaking thru her drawers (the dresser kind) when she wasant looking, and found an old brassiere of hers and ran with it as fast as I could! I think that bra must have been a size 48 D cause I safety pinned it in a million places to make it fit and stuffed the cups with bobby socks. But the worst was yet to come, I put on a chiffon type see thru blouse and paraded around the neighborhood proudly. OMG Im turning red just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine what the neighbors must have thought?????? What on earth possesed me?????

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Veteran member

Nonie, you tickled my memory bank.
When I was about 11 my best friend Emily inherited her older cousin's strapless bra. She wore it one day as we walked 5th Avenue in our Brooklyn neighborhood.
When we got home Em's mother looked at her and said "didn't you wear a bra when you left the house today?" Yup you guessed it, she lost her bra somewhere between 6th Street & 15th Street that fine summer day.
Still makes me laugh.

Mickey,
Good one.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Boomer, blasted V8? And I was just going to run out and buy a carton of it. I guess I'll wait for a few days and see how much grouchier you get!

Speaking of weight issues ... Have you seen Keedy's latest comment about Hilary Clinton putting on weight? Grrrrr.
Quote:
"I think every opinion of every TOTV member deserves respect."
Old 08-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Sage
Wink Huh???

Keedy, did you lose your way??? Politics is on the extreme right!

This is Girl Talk! Would you like to share any training bra stories with us???
Old 08-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Sage
Default I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Oh How I hate to admit this , but you girls have brought back a very funny memory .(We are still in "girl talk arent we?)

My mother simply would not buy me a training bra, she said I didnt need one yet and that was that so.......

I went down stairs to my aunt Rosies house who lived on the first floor, went sneaking thru her drawers (the dresser kind) when she wasant looking, and found an old brassiere of hers and ran with it as fast as I could! I think that bra must have been a size 48 D cause I safety pinned it in a million places to make it fit and stuffed the cups with bobby socks. But the worst was yet to come, I put on a chiffon type see thru blouse and paraded around the neighborhood proudly. OMG Im turning red just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine what the neighbors must have thought?????? What on earth possesed me?????

Oh Nonie, I love that story! It's soooooo Nonie!!! Hahaha! Big kiss to you sweetie!
Old 08-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I thought they would NEVER grow. I was fifteen and stuffing tissues in them and then I would lose them in all the wrong places.....OH boy. I thought it was just 'cause I was a motherless kid. I have done so many dumb things along that line, I can't even begin to think about it. I am blushing sitting here.

Do any of you remember garters? And sanitary belts? Horrors.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Nonie, you tickled my memory bank.
When I was about 11 my best friend Emily inherited her older cousin's strapless bra. She wore it one day as we walked 5th Avenue in our Brooklyn neighborhood.
When we got home Em's mother looked at her and said "didn't you wear a bra when you left the house today?" Yup you guessed it, she lost her bra somewhere between 6th Street & 15th Street that fine summer day.
Still makes me laugh.
Whalen, this is hysterical. I can't even imagine that happening. Can you imagine the expression on the person's face who found it on the street? Ohhhh how I hated strapless bras!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Veteran member
Default bra mishaps

This is not about me exactly, but I remember a girl in my 8th grade class who put foam rubber pads in her bathing suit for a boy-girl pool party and guess what? she jumped in the pool and the foam thingies popped out and floated up. You can imagine the teasing.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
Keedy, did you lose your way??? Politics is on the extreme right! This is Girl Talk! Would you like to share any training bra stories with us???
I'm sorry, but the idea of Keedy wading through Training Bra stories just makes me LMAO.

I saw a sign yesterday in an Acupuncture Clinic that they specialize in weight loss. I'm calling them on Monday. Anyone had any experience with acupuncture?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
This is not about me exactly, but I remember a girl in my 8th grade class who put foam rubber pads in her bathing suit for a boy-girl pool party and guess what? she jumped in the pool and the foam thingies popped out and floated up. You can imagine the teasing.
Oh my gosh, that would be soooooo embarrassing! Almost worse than having your "falsies" floating in the pool next to you would be showing up at school the next school day. That would be a story the kids would never forget, poor thing.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I saw a sign yesterday in an Acupuncture Clinic that they specialize in weight loss. I'm calling them on Monday. Anyone had any experience with acupuncture?
I have a friend who used acupuncture for a neck issue and it worked. However, while she was in the clinic the acupuncturist suggested she also use the acupuncture to boost her libido as well. My friend thought that would be a good idea, you know kind of like a "one stop shopping" experience.

The acupuncture was working like a charm, the neck pain was gone and libido was boosted. She and her husband were both happy until one day my friend re-injured her neck. How did she re-injure that neck you ask? You're right, the neck was injured during one of the libido boosting sessions, if ya know what I mean!

The next day my friend traded in her acupuncturist for a chiropractor.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Accupuncture

Having experienced extensive treatment for various muscular aches and pains, I would definitely not recommend the procedure. The accupuncturist in MA was much better than the one in TV. This is not covered by any health insurance and can be somewhat costly. Put your money to better use by joining a health club.

Just my opinion from personal experience....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.