Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Veteran member

Hi Boomer,

I love the jacket.

To shift gears I also had a problem with my computer, for the first time a virus (pro spy 2009 or something close to that) was able to infiltrate and really was causing problems. I contacted my Tech Support, my son and was going to have him fix it for me he is a computer guru,and shhh English Major , but Mr. Halle decided to Google the problem and found a fix for it a Malware program. It was able to kill the virus and computer is working great. We have saved thousand of dollars in car repair, water softner repair and numerous other repairs by using Google and finding others users who had similiar problems and what the fixes were.

I love Google.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Julie

I hope I don't have the appearance of being a stalker...here it goes:
Thank You Boomer!!!

Regarding those rimless Sarah Palin glasses, I too have pondered if I would be able to pull that look off. I was told one and only one time that I resembled Sarah Palin. Perhaps that guy needed a pair of glasses himself. As luck would have it, I have an appointment with my optometrist today and I'm headed off to go eyeglass shopping immediately following my visit.

Kathie, you must be such a wild child with that new red hair of yours!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post

Kathie The Villages Florida
I thought I detected L O V E in the air! Is that the Love Boat?

You'll have to put up a pic of your new red hair. Bet it looks fabulous!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

Regarding those rimless Sarah Palin glasses, I too have pondered if I would be able to pull that look off. I was told one and only one time that I resembled Sarah Palin. Perhaps that guy needed a pair of glasses himself. As luck would have it, I have an appointment with my optometrist today and I'm headed off to go eyeglass shopping immediately following my visit.
Boomer, great jacket from CC .. love it! I can hardly wait to do some shopping in the new Villages store. I always hesitate to order online as I don't know how the CC sizes run. So far I've only ordered shawls online.

Julie, please keep me posted on the results of your eyeglass shopping .... I am VERY interested. I think the Designer Palins have titanium which make them very light. I would love to find something similar.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Now....that's just plain weird.....

Girls,

Did you see the part where Halle said she loved the jacket?

Halle, thank goodness you said that or I would have absolutely no credibility left at all. I just looked back at that link I put here this morning and it now says that the jacket is sold out. But there really, truly was a jacket in that link when I left here this morning. Right? Halle? Ohhhhh, Halle! Please tell them there really was a jacket there.

Hey! Maybe all of you bought one like it at Coldwater Creek, since I last saw you this morning. And that's how it sold out! Now that would be just about the coolest thing ever. We could all wear matching jackets and get a gig being backup singers for somebody at LSL. (oooo--shoo-bop--shoo-bop)

Anyway, there really was a jacket in the link this morning.

I must go now. This infernal laptop will probably boot me out soon anyway. But I just had to stop by here and tell you about the weird disappearing jacket thing.

Boomer
Old 10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Girls,

Did you see the part where Halle said she loved the jacket?

Halle, thank goodness you said that or I would have absolutely no credibility left at all. I just looked back at that link I put here this morning and it now says that the jacket is sold out. But there really, truly was a jacket in that link when I left here this morning. Right? Halle? Ohhhhh, Halle! Please tell them there really was a jacket there.

Hey! Maybe all of you bought one like it at Coldwater Creek, since I last saw you this morning. And that's how it sold out! Now that would be just about the coolest thing ever. We could all wear matching jackets and get a gig being backup singers for somebody at LSL. (oooo--shoo-bop--shoo-bop)

Anyway, there really was a jacket in the link this morning.

I must go now. This infernal laptop will probably boot me out soon anyway. But I just had to stop by here and tell you about the weird disappearing jacket thing.

Boomer
When I looked earlier in the day it showed a brown fitted jacket with embroidery on it. Is that the one? It was beautiful!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Soaring Parsley
Default on off on off on off on off on off on off on

Betti,

Yes. That was it. And now I just looked and it is back again. I swear it really did say that it was sold out. Did they restock that quickly?

Ohhhhh, I really didn't imagine that "sold out" thing. This is getting way too goofy. I think I will just stop looking at that silly link.

I really am sane. Really. Really. I am.

But I think my laptop is out to get me.

Boomer

PS: Halle, thanks for the malware tip.

Last edited by Boomer; 10-06-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Veteran member

Yes, Boomer! You are crazy....but not about the jacket. I like it very much! Folkloric kind of fits "you" too. You're so good at telling stories.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Boomer,

I started a post about the jacket. Then I deleted it. Now I wish I had left well enough alone. I like the jacket - for Ohio. But, I haven't lived here year round yet and can't quite get past my love of the colors down here. I wasn't sure i could say that without hurting your feelings. It is such a beautiful jacket..,.

There I've gone and said it and I hope I haven't been hateful....

kate
Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Soaring Parsley

SS, that is a funny name for a jacket. I did not know the name of it when I bought it in the store. But it is kind of an English majory name. Not that I am an English major, of course.

And Kate. Kate. Kate. Kate. Kate.

Now, you listen to Boomer right now. You must never worry about such a thing because you could never in a million years be considered hateful. That would just never happen. There are some things that I just know.

All you said was that you like more color. It is not like you said, "Hey! Boomer! That is one butt-ugly jacket you bought at Coldwater Creek."

Seriously, Kate, not hateful in the least.

And about those colors, do you remember that thing when we were all supposed to be a season and people were always having their colors done. Well, I never had my colors done, but I do know that we all tend to go for certain colors individually. I will go for browns and blues and dark greens and black and white and a little red on an adventurous day. That's for clothes. But I do have a yellow plaid couch now. And although I worry a lot about red wine spills, I love that couch.

Boomer
Old 10-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Oh Boomer, you do make me laugh. Mostly I want you to not want an Ohio jacket because I do not want you to be in Ohio. Or, to put it another way, I do want you to be in The Villages.

k
Old 10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Boomer, great jacket from CC .. love it! I can hardly wait to do some shopping in the new Villages store. I always hesitate to order online as I don't know how the CC sizes run. So far I've only ordered shawls online.

Julie, please keep me posted on the results of your eyeglass shopping .... I am VERY interested. I think the Designer Palins have titanium which make them very light. I would love to find something similar.
OK, so I went shopping for my glasses and even picked some out. They will be here in a week or two. The Sarah Palin designer glasses were not available so I ended up with some glasses that have a frame on top, but not the bottom. I was too afraid to purchase them online. I really need to see them on my face.

Shopping for glasses has always been a challenge for me: Do they look right with my face shape? Are they contempory yet, classic and able to remain in style for a couple of years? Does my nose appear to grow when I wear them?

Boomer, the coat is VERY cute and stylish too. I didn't order one since I'm on the "no purchase" plan until I get to TV which should be sometime during the 2nd week of November. After that my husband won't be able to hold me back! I'll probably know all of the sales people at every store in town within less than a month.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:41 PM

Boomer, love the jacket!!

Always enjoy your posts.

It's obvious you will cause quite a sensation when you get to TV!! And now, no one can accuse you of being incognito .

re computer stuff,
When I'm on our unpredictable laptop And,,,, I remember to do it (which means it's after I have lost the message because of.....whatever), I will copy the message (you know you can do this with the right click on your mouse, right?) before hitting the submit reply button. Anyway, you then have copied your post and it's guaranteed not to crash! (LOL) But you've got it in case you need it.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Soaring Parsley

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! Oats! I knew nothing of this right click thing. Thanks. I am so bad with computers. I never knew what the right click was for. I always thought it was kind of like tonsils or the appendix.

Boomer
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
OK, so I went shopping for my glasses and even picked some out. They will be here in a week or two.
I'm on the "no purchase" plan until I get to TV which should be sometime during the 2nd week of November.
Julie, I thought you were buying glasses now in TV and I wanted to copycat the store you selected. But I think you may also be a seasonal resident??

I also wait for my time in Florida to buy clothes .. I cannot believe how inexpensive everything is compared to Canada!!

Boomer, I saw the disappearing jacket .. obviously the basement seamstresses that produce the jacket were able to quickly stitch up another 100. I do like it a lot.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.