Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2009, 11:17 AM

Hi, Bare --
Do you have your villa for sale? If so, are you moving to larger spaces? I know you love your current location.

Just curious.............?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
Hi, Bare --
Do you have your villa for sale? If so, are you moving to larger spaces? I know you love your current location. Just curious.............?
Bogart, I want to get together with you to play mahjongg .. are you in The Bubble?

We've purchased another house in the Village of Belvedere, about ten blocks from our current Villa. I just love this central location. A bit larger, with a Man Cave for Fireboy when he retires.

But now we need to sell our Courtyard Villa. And we just added a birdcage with a view of the golf course which we love. I thought I was going to be sitting around with my feet up this winter; but apparently not!!
Old 11-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the update. Now all of Canada knows where they can stay when they visit The Villages!

Will you continue to be on the golf course with a view? We're on the golf course in Colorado and love it ---- really miss not having a view with our villa in TV. Maybe I can scatter some golf balls in the tiny backyard and have a golf course mural painted on the walls.

Would love to play mah-jongg. We'll be snowbirding January, February and March.
Hope to see you and other TOTVillagers then.

Bo
Old 11-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Dancing Thyme

I used Lotto a few months ago. Excellent work. Very thorough and the carpet smelled so nice. He even did my area rug for me, he's a great guy. Bare, I'm sure you'll like him. He's great at getting doggy odors out. Good luck,,,
Tell me more about your villa!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Sage
Default Eyelash Growth Products

I've been noticing a product advertised on television that promises fuller, darker eyelashes. Duh .. I can't remember the name of the product. I think it is Brooke Shields that they are using for a spokesperson. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it.

I googled Revitalash and the comments seemed to be that it was very burning and irritating to apply. Is there anything that works? I'd be very hesitant to put any chemicals near my eyes.

Change of topic.

I met Katebox the other day and she is just as cute as a button.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Barefoot,

When I saw the eyelash stuff you asked about advertised on television, my first thought was that I had heard somewhere a while back that there was a prescription drug for glaucoma that had been shown to have the unexpected effect of growing eyelashes longer and thicker.

The link here is to Allergan's eyelash-growing drug Latisse.

http://www.latisse.com/

And here is the link to Allergan's glaucoma drug Lumigan. Notice one of the side effects of Lumigan that is listed.

http://www.lumigan.com/

Same company. Different forms of the drug maybe?

I remember thinking at the time I first heard about the side effect that the drug would probably end up researched and marketed in some other form that could be prescribed to grow eyelashes.

Would I use it for longer eyelashes? ... No.

Would I like longer eyelashes? ... Sure would.

Am I a big chicken? ... Yes. If I were not a big chicken, I would have had a little work done by now. Eyelids. But I am a big chicken. And with this eyelash growing drug, they sure do spout a long list of side effects in that ad. So it will have to be just me and my Lancome soft eyeliner pencil and my Maybelline Great Lash in that pink and green tube.

But I did read the other day that somebody famous (can't remember who) wears two Spanx at the same time. Now, that's a beauty tip I might have to try. Sounds like it might have side effects, too, though. Misery comes to mind.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-09-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I too would like long lashes but I sure wouldn't use Latisse. One of the side effects is that it can permanently change eye color from blue to brown and cause itching lids.

Doesn't seem safe to me.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

[QUOTE=Barefoot;237362

I met Katebox the other day and she is just as cute as a button.[/QUOTE]

Oh Bare,

You are so sweet.... I was thinking great things about the eyelash stuff - until I researched it - ugh.... I will stick with Cover Girl that you but 3 to a pack at Costco...
Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I realize there are medical conditions that cause complete loss of eyelashes and where this may be something worth considering. But most of the Latisse market will be those who just want longer, thicker lashes. I think I would have to simply glue them on if I were that worried about it.

And did you see the side effect where if you get it on some other area, you should be sure to wipe it off because you might grow hair there. With my lack of coordination, I would probably end up with eyelashes growing out of the side of my nose.

Now, I wonder if their next research will be for baldness. I bet they are in the lab even as we speak.

Allergan is also the Botox company I think. Like I said somewhere in this long thread, I just keep my bangs. My Botox bangs. No forehead wrinkles that way.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-10-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi Barefoot,

When I saw the eyelash stuff you asked about advertised on television, my first thought was that I had heard somewhere a while back that there was a prescription drug for glaucoma that had been shown to have the unexpected effect of growing eyelashes longer and thicker.

The link here is to Allergan's eyelash-growing drug Latisse.

http://www.latisse.com/

And here is the link to Allergan's glaucoma drug Lumigan. Notice one of the side effects of Lumigan that is listed.

http://www.lumigan.com/

Same company. Different forms of the drug maybe?

I remember thinking at the time I first heard about the side effect that the drug would probably end up researched and marketed in some other form that could be prescribed to grow eyelashes.

Would I use it for longer eyelashes? ... No.

Would I like longer eyelashes? ... Sure would.

Am I a big chicken? ... Yes. If I were not a big chicken, I would have had a little work done by now. Eyelids. But I am a big chicken. And with this eyelash growing drug, they sure do spout a long list of side effects in that ad. So it will have to be just me and my Lancome soft eyeliner pencil and my Maybelline Great Lash in that pink and green tube.

But I did read the other day that somebody famous (can't remember who) wears two Spanx at the same time. Now, that's a beauty tip I might have to try. Sounds like it might have side effects, too, though. Misery comes to mind.

Boomer

Ladies, ladies, ladies...What price vanity?

Also, eye doc told me that as a glaucoma treatment it was not the drug of choice as it waas not very good.

At this stage of the game I think I'll stay with my blue sometimes green eyes with short lashes.

PS Boomer,
Thanks for the research.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Sage
Default Golf Lessons

In early December I attended the "New to Golf" course at the Golf Academy with Peazoup. I enjoyed it and the instructor (Maria) is just wonderful. I'm hopeless at golf, but Maria made it fun.

Now I'm looking for a set of woman's golf clubs. I don't want to buy a new set until I figure out if I'm going to stick with the game. If anyone got new clubs for Christmas and wants to sell their existing set, please PM me.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Veteran member

Bare - Here is a link to a set of women's petite (which would be better for you!) set of golf clubs, including bag, for $149. This would be a good starter set for you. At least this gives you a price range, so you know not to spend more than this on a used set.

http://www.golfoutletsusa.com/golfgi...c=4&zmap=MR155
Old 01-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschuler1 View Post
Bare - Here is a link to a set of women's petite (which would be better for you!) set of golf clubs, including bag, for $149. This would be a good starter set for you. At least this gives you a price range, so you know not to spend more than this on a used set.
Wowser, I've ordered this golf set. My own new set of Golf Girl Clubs. They are PINK!! What could be better than that.
And a big thank you to Sue Schuler for the golf club link!! I've never been on a golf course before. Sue took me golfing last week and gently introduced me to a "scramble" which means you never have to be embarassed. Thanks also to Helene and Mint Julep for their patience.

Not only is Sue helpful and patient, but she hits the ball like Nancy Lopez!!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum member
Exclamation Warning!

Don't know if I'm doing this in the right place, but I wanted to share this with you gals and give you a heads up.

You've heard that you should get rid of makeup, especially eye makeup, every 4 months or so, right? I guess I have just learned that the hard way! I used one of my eyeliners this last week that I had not used in quite a while and you should see my eyes now. Looks like I have been on a big ol' crying jag! I know it had to be the eyeliner because the last time I used it, the same thing happened. At that time, I didn't make the connection. I just thought it was something I had gotten on my hands and then transferred to my eyes. Needless to say, my trash is getting lots of "new" stuff tonight.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 01-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Don't know if I'm doing this in the right place, but I wanted to share this with you gals and give you a heads up.

You've heard that you should get rid of makeup, especially eye makeup, every 4 months or so, right? I guess I have just learned that the hard way! I used one of my eyeliners this last week that I had not used in quite a while and you should see my eyes now. Looks like I have been on a big ol' crying jag! I know it had to be the eyeliner because the last time I used it, the same thing happened. At that time, I didn't make the connection. I just thought it was something I had gotten on my hands and then transferred to my eyes. Needless to say, my trash is getting lots of "new" stuff tonight.
Good information! I've read that makeup over three months old should be discarded because bacteria gets into it. But I guess I never really believed it. Excellent reason to throw stuff away that I've been hoarding.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.