Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Eternal Member

Karen Scott at Macy's in Ocala

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index....00000008326581

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

I have some questions:

Do you wear them all the time? Are they hard to apply? (I find false eyelashes incredibly hard to attach). Do you need to "cut the nails provided to size"? Can you put these nails on for a special occasion (I have a wedding to attend.) How hard is it to remove the nails?
Well...I have been wearing them all the time, even though the packaging says "7 day wear". I had two of them come off due to usage and they were broken, but you get 24 nails of different sizes, so I just replaced them. It includes a file if you need to file them down to fit...I didn't...the sizes fit great. They were not at all hard to put on. You get a little bottle of glue with the kit. You just put glue on the fake nail and your own nail, press and hold for 5 seconds and, viola', an instant nail! These would be great for a special occasion. I bought the "real short" length (but they're not that short, the perfect length for me). They have so many sizes and lengths...there was a whole section in Walgreens for nails. As far as removing them, I also bought the "Kiss All or One Nail Remover". This is like a tub of nail polish remover that you can soak your nails in, making them easier to remove. The box says to "trim and file the surface to break through the protective topcoat and then use the remover to wipe off the softened plastic and glue". It's really easier than it sounds...I was afraid to try them at first...now I'm glad I did! Let me know if you try and like them! Oh yeah...they also have them for toes...I'm debating!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Smile Karen Scott is a Macys brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Figured I'd try the feminine forum for my question. Back north (Indiana) I used to be able to purchase Karen Scott blouses and tees at L.S. Ayres.

Would love to find this good clothing line down here. Anyone know who might carry it? Have tried finding them via the computer, but no luck. Any suggestions?
L.S. Ayres became part of Federated Department Stores(now called all stores and corporate renamed Macys) in 2005 I beleive.

Karen Scott is a name of Macys midline of goods. Alfani being their top line and Charter Club their budget. All Macys carry some Karen Scott the larger stores will have the full line. What is available year to year varies alot as they are direct imports and if they switch from one supplier to another the fit can change so always try on. This is true of most clothing lines today. The goods are designed and put out for bid by various factories the company has agreements with (in some cases they own a factory but not usually).

Information overload sorry

Trudy
formally of Macys Northwest Purchasing Planning Dept. (Was the Bon Marche before the name change)
Old 03-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Veteran member
Default karen scott

Thanks for the info. I just never seem to get to Macy's when in Ocala, and will look there next visit to the mall. Your help is appreciated.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Sage

I'm looking for a place to dispose of used clothing. I need to clean out my closets and I find it much easier to give clothes to the needy, rather than throw them in the garbage. Some things have never been worn. They aren't worthy of consignment, but I hate to throw them out.

Up north, there are bins in every plaza from Salvation Army, Good Will, etc., to collect clothes and small knick knacks.

Does anyone know of handy place in The Villages that takes used clothing?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I'm looking for a place to dispose of used clothing. I need to clean out my closets and I find it much easier to give clothes to the needy, rather than throw them in the garbage. Some things have never been worn. They aren't worthy of consignment, but I hate to throw them out.

Up north, there are bins in every plaza from Salvation Army, Good Will, etc., to collect clothes and small knick knacks.

St. Timothy's Church the last Thursday of each month takes them.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:

Bare -
I take mine (clothing, furniture, etc.) to Habitat for Humanity which is where I always took them before moving here.

Habitat for Humanity of Lake County: Leesburg Thrift Store
www.habitat.org
200 North Lone Oak Drive
Leesburg, FL 34748-4715
(352) 728-6366

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

There is a Good Will semi parked daily north of the Villages west of 27/441.
It is a little behind the Office Depot store. Also, The Haven will taked used clothing and the many thrift shops around. I'm with you, if it's still usable, recycle it. I think about the consignment shops, but never do get there.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
St. Timothy's Church the last Thursday of each month takes them.
Where is St. Timothy's Church located?

I am located near Southern Trace Plaza. I often have just a few articles of clothes or household knickknacks to donate.

Previously, I donated clothes to Women's Shelters. I find it so strange with the enormous population of TV and the inexpensive shops (like Bealls) around, that there aren't convenient drop off bins within TV for donations.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Default Mrs. Ohio

Question from someone totally new: does anyone know of a hair salon in TV that uses frameisi hair color? (not sure of the spelling, think it is an Italian hair coloring product)...any input greatly appreciated!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Platinum member
Default Hair color

Diane, you might try searching backward-start with the product name, go to their web page and look for places that use the product. It works for me with skin care.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana McKinney View Post
Question from someone totally new: does anyone know of a hair salon in TV that uses frameisi hair color? (not sure of the spelling, think it is an Italian hair coloring product)...any input greatly appreciated!
Welcome Diana .. nice to hear from someone new! I've never heard of Frameisi hair color, but some of the trendier places may use it.

Did you all get to meet Pturner? I'm still pouting because I didn't know she was here for a visit. But I did get to meet Boomer, so all is not lost.

Barefoot is packing slowly and sadly this week for her exile to Canada.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Welcome Diana .. nice to hear from someone new! I've never heard of Frameisi hair color, but some of the trendier places may use it.

Did you all get to meet Pturner? I'm still pouting because I didn't know she was here for a visit. But I did get to meet Boomer, so all is not lost.

Barefoot is packing slowly and sadly this week for her exile to Canada.
Bare,
You met Boomer! I'm jealous... and still bummed that I didn't meet my dear friend who turned me on to the eagles' nest and loves dogs and started this very thread and has a big heart and...
Old 04-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Default Mrs. Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Diane, you might try searching backward-start with the product name, go to their web page and look for places that use the product. It works for me with skin care.
thanks for the input, I will give this a try! P.S. I love this forum!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Sage

Thanks for the warm fuzzies Pturner! We'll meet up for sure the next time you're in TV.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, for those of you who haven't discovered it, the spray-on suntan stuff you buy at Publix works. I use Australian Gold spray-on bronzer. Your legs won't exactly appear well tanned, but it takes away that ghostly look.

(But don't use too much or it will run down your legs and pool up around your toenails. And you'll look like you've been doing way too much gardening. )
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.