Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Platinum member

Boomer, I haven't used the eye cream. I think you should try it and report back to us with before and after pictures.

Happy birthday to ette!
At least you didn't name her tee hee
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Coincidence? Probably. But maybe.....

About that StriVectin-SD eye cream…..What happened to me is either a coincidence or this stuff actually works. That’s why I was wondering if any of you had ever used it. Here’s the story….

About a year ago I was in Macy’s cosmetics department when they were pushing StriVectin. You girls know the drill. I let the saleswoman talk to me about it to the point where I ended up buying a small introductory kit that had different creams in it. At first I thought that the stuff was so expensive that there was no way I was buying any of it – not the spiel or the cream. But the more she talked, the more interested I got and besides, I had some of those Macy’s coupons so I thought….ohhhh, whattheheck.

Anyway, I brought it home and stuck it on a shelf in the closet and continued with my old stuff and forgot all about the StriVectin until last week when I suddenly developed puffy bags under my eyes. One day – there they were – no warning – nothing gradual, I had aged rapidly, in just one day.……

The big puffy bags under my eyes were set off by a deeply etched red-rimmed circle under just the left eye. I guess this was a sinus infection. I had never really had such a thing happen before.

It's not like I am a spring chicken to begin with, but I have seen Bassett hounds that looked a whole lot perkier than I looked.

I kept looking in the mirror and worrying about the new me. This went on for a couple of days. And then I began to play it out to one of those, “Ohhhhhh my goodness….oh, nooooooo what if?” things. What if the puffy, puffy swelling never goes away??? Or what if it the puffy part goes away after a long time, but then the skin itself is all stretched out and leaves behind a saggy, floppy droop of skin. (I am of the collagen-challenged age and so I figured that could happen.).

Then I remembered the StriVectin in the closet. And I remembered those promises from that sign in the aisle at Macy’s. And I remembered my encounter at the counter where I let myself be talked into buying some of this magic potion.

And so I dug out the eye cream and I put it on and the next morning – you guessed it – I looked like myself again. The bags were gone. There was no droop. And the red circle had faded away.

But I don’t know if it was a coincidence or if this stuff worked. The sinus infection hung around for a few more days.

And that’s why I asked you girls if anybody else had ever used this stuff. This seems too good to be true. Has to be. None of that stuff works like that for real. But it has been kind of fun to wonder.....

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-04-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Boomer.....

I did a bit of online research on this product and read a number of critiques from users that varied from it being "magic" to warnings of it's damage to the eyes (nothing life-threatening; merely sore red eyelids). Well, I deduced that there was nothing really worth considering alarming since the fact is that we are all so unique in our own bodies that what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. One must test the water gently.

You happened to hit it lucky and that's great because bottom line, the results merely depend upon one's unique body and it seemed to work well for you. Good for you....Hugs, Barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney

Last edited by barb1191; 07-05-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Then I remembered the StriVectin in the closet. And so I dug out the eye cream and I put it on and the next morning – you guessed it – I looked like myself again. The bags were gone. There was no droop. And the red circle had faded away. Boomer
Great story Boom. I think you've just boosted StriVectin sales by 300%! (But I've heard Preparation H does the same thing for a lot less cash).

P.S. I love the diet recipes and the K-9 power drink. I can't imagine the smoothie tastes yummy, but I'll give it a try!

UUJudy, I will post the diet soup recipe the next time I make it. I swear you can eat it endlessly and lose weight. (Of course you get quickly tired of all the bloating from the fibre)

I've been making the diet soup for 20 years and I never use a recipe. So I'll write down the ingredients the next time I make it. I throw in a bunch of spices until I like the taste, so I'll measure those also.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Great story Boom. I think you've just boosted StriVectin sales by 300%! (But I've heard Preparation H does the same thing for a lot less cash).
Barefoot! That has to be it! All I could think of was that it was probably made out of cucumbers and teabags, but I bet you are right.

And Barb, thank you for the research.

There is a lot of it left in the tube, but I was at Macy's the other day and I checked the recent price because I was curious. It was on sale for 47 bucks for a tube that is supposed to last 6 months. The saleswoman said that they are changing the packaging and so the old stuff is on sale. Still a ridiculous price. And certainly not as cheap as Preparation H.

I have a feeling that you are absolutely right about the Preparation H. The wonders of marketing huh. -- Could be exactly what this stuff is. -- Well, if not exactly, it is probably really close to the formula.

Sooooo, I wonder if we should conduct a scientific experiment here in the Girl Talk thread?

Boomer

PS: Also, it looks like we have some new people around here on TOTV and if you are one of them and you are reading Girl Talk, welcome. This thread was started by Barefoot more than two years ago. It is a conversation. The kind of conversation that only women understand. We go from subject to subject and we never lose track of what we are talking about and nobody can ever be accused of hijacking because there is no such thing here.

Of course, I know that you must be a girl if you are reading this because it is "No Boys Allowed" here in this thread. So please join in anytime with Girl Talk.

Last edited by Boomer; 07-05-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Barefoot! That has to be it! All I could think of was that it was probably made out of cucumbers and teabags, but I bet you are right.

I have a feeling that you are absolutely right about the Preparation H. The wonders of marketing huh. -- Could be exactly what this stuff is. -- Well, if not exactly, it is probably really close to the formula.

Sooooo, I wonder if we should conduct a scientific experiment here in the Girl Talk thread?
OK, Boom, we'll conduct an experiment .. you go first! I don't have eye bags right now. I have a myriad of other facial challenges, but not bags. (How can you have wrinkles and break-outs at the same time??) But I digress.

I've definitely heard that Preparation H works! But I can't get past using stuff around my eyes that is designed for .. well .. that other place.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
OK, Boom, we'll conduct an experiment .. you go first! I don't have eye bags right now. I have a myriad of other facial challenges, but not bags. (How can you have wrinkles and break-outs at the same time??) But I digress.

I've definitely heard that Preparation H works! But I can't get past using stuff around my eyes that is designed for .. well .. that other place.
Nooooo, Barefoot, nooooooo. I figured maybe we could get StriVectin to send us a case of the stuff, in the name of science, of course, but the Prep H??? No way.

I have to admit though, now that those bags have disappeared as suddenly as they appeared, I am going to hoard the rest of the tube of StriVectin in case it happens again.

And about Prep H.....a few years ago I had to have an MRI (turned out fine) but the instructions I had before the appointment said to remove jewelry. Well, my wedding ring had not been off since our wedding. It still fit fine. Or so I thought. But I had not realized that I could not get it off.

I twisted it. i turned it. I soaped it. I lotioned it. And all that just made things worse. And then the light bulb went off over top my head and I went to the drugstore and got a tube of -- you guessed it! And it worked like a charm.

So when I went in for the appointment, I told the person at the desk about it and said that maybe they should keep some in the desk there for others who might have a problem taking off a ring. I felt ever so clever with my solution and I wanted to pass it along.

Boomer Heloise

Last edited by Boomer; 07-05-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Hot in Cleveland...

Quote:
Boom, I heard about that show and I've heard that it was excellent. Betty White is just amazing. Wish we could all be that bright as we age. Sadly, I don't think we get the show in Canada.
BF.... I watched the first two shows, not on my television but on MY COMPUTER yesterday!! So, if you can't watch it on your television in Canada, try this link which you may have to copy/paste.

The Official Hot in Cleveland Site starring Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick : Hot In Cleveland

Hope it works for you as it's really good......b

PS: If the link doesn't work, then copy/paste to "Search" and it will probably come up.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Sage
Default An eye for an eye

Here's an article on Preparation H for wrinkles

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/42773

After reading it, I don't know if it works or not. I guess it doesn't matter, as I won't be trying it.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
BF.... I watched the first two shows, not on my television but on MY COMPUTER yesterday!! So, if you can't watch it on your television in Canada, try this link which you may have to copy/paste.
Thanks Barb .. I found it on my TV schedule, yay! The pilot of "Hot in Cleveland" is showing tonight at 8 PM. I've been wanting to see it.

I say this with a mixture of glee and sadness. "The Bachlorette" (Ali) is also on at 8 PM tonight. And if I were to be truthful (and we always tell the truth on Girl Talk), I am addicted to the Bachlorette. Now I'm out of the closet. I'm the only person in North America who loves Reality TV. Yes, I'm ashamed! As terrible and phony as it is, I'm addicted. I always swear I'll never start watching the new season and then I do. It is such a train wreck of a show, so overdone and dramatic.

But .... Jake the Fake is on tonight. He was engaged to Venetia, and he dumped her. And now they are both on tonight's episode of The Bachlorette. He is such a loser, I really dislike him, he is so phony, how can I not watch!

And no, I don't have any of those gadgets that let me record shows. I barely know how to answer my phone.

Anyway, Fireboy is working tonight so I'll just watch both shows at the same time which drives him mental. Well, it would drive any normal person mental.

But I digress. Gotta go or you'll be calling me Boomest.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
But I digress. Gotta go or you'll be calling me Boomest.
Make that "Boomfoot"

(or maybe "BareBoom"???)

Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Well don't be ashamed, BF, cause I'm watching the Bachelorette this season, too.

I would consider using the Prep H under my eyes because I have bags, too, but then I noticed the bags on the underside of my arms are so much larger -- they should be tended to first. Now that would take lots and lots of Prep H. So, I gave up the idea.

And yes, that Green Smoothie does taste good. My husband is amazed every time I make one for him and I list the ingredients. Truly yummy.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Soaring Parsley

Hi Girls,

Tonight at 10:00, "Hot in Cleveland" is on again on TV Land. I set the DVR. It looks like the channel is doing that weird thing again where they play the same episode back-to-back. But it is supposed to be a new episode, at least.

Last week they went to the Rock and Roll Museum. Huey Lewis played an aging rock star (imagine that) who had long ago had a thing with one of the women. They were recreating some memories -- or trying to.

All the actresses are really good, but Betty White is still the best of all.

Boomer
Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Sage

I'm at the lake cottage in Canada and our TV isn't working. I missed the Bachelorette home town visits. I missed Hot in Cleveland again! It is amazing how attached you can become to a television and how boring nights are without one! Oh, I really need to get a life.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Sage

Boomer...thanks for the heads up; I watched "Hot in Cleveland" last night for the first time. Kind of a younger version of the Golden Girls. It was entertaining and funny. Too bad it's buried on the "TV Land" channel. Maybe one of the networks will pick it up in the future.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.