Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

There is a wonderful shoe store in Spanish Springs town square and they carry only the best shoes -- I think it is All About Feet.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Where have all the Skittles gone?

Maybe there are no trick-or-treaters in TV. But I am in Ohio.

Why oh why oh why oh….

Why has nobody designed a little Halloween vault with a big lock with a timer? – a timed lock that can be set to open the little vault just a few minutes before the first trick-or-treater is due. And not before – no matter what.

Kit Kats! And Reese’s! And Twix! Oh My!

I tried to buy Skittles. I hate Skittles. I do not understand why anybody likes Skittles. But kids like Skittles. And I do not. And so for years I bought Skittles…….

BUT NOW I cannot find Skittles anywhere.

I could not keep my fool-proof plan to myself. Ohhhh, nooooo, I had to blab my plan --my plan to avoid EATING ALL THE HALLOWEEN CANDY before the first little superhero shows up at the door to rescue me.

Maybe you have heard that old saying, “No good deed goes unpunished.” I have never liked that saying, but I guess old sayings get to be old sayings because sometimes they come true.

Yep. I thought I was doing one of those good deeds when year after year, I revealed my Skittles plan to other women. And I bet they told even more women. AND NOW, they are all out there beating me to the Skittles. By the time I get around to buying the Halloween candy, only the good stuff is left.

I guess if I were an entrepreneur, I would either invent that Halloween vault with the timed lock or buy up a bunch of Skittles next summer and scalp them when it gets close to Halloween.

Chocoholic Boomer

PS: Yeah. Yeah. I know. I know. You might be asking why I do not just ask Mr. Boomer to hide the candy from me. I have tried that. It does not work.

Mata Hari Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-30-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:39 PM

My daughter also has foot pain, both feet. If your feet hurt everything hurts! A great sandal that I know can be bought at Macy's is the Fitflop. Not cheap but very worth the price. I also have a pair of Skechers tone up flip flops which I practically live in. Both brands have great arch support, not sure if they help plantar f..... I had always been one to take shoes off when I came in the door. Not a good idea when the floor is made of hard tile so now I keep my flipflops on even when inside.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Sage

My podiatrist recommended Naot brand shoes for my plantar faciatis. They are made in Israel and are available at the shoe store in Spanish Springs. They have great insoles, or you can remove them, and put your own insoles in.

Naots come in clogs and dressy sandals. I swear by them and wear them a lot. I love to go barefoot, which I shouldn't do. But as soon as I feel any foot discomfort, I start wearing my Naots all the time and my feet feel great again.

P.S.
Boomer, I SO understand your Halloween strategy of buying candy you don't like. I did that for years. Of course I had more will power then. Now I buy what I like, but hide it from myself in the garage. In the hope that during the trip to the garage, the craving will go away. But sadly, it never does.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
There is a wonderful shoe store in Spanish Springs town square and they carry only the best shoes -- I think it is All About Feet.
That's the store. I have a couple of pairs of shoes from there, Finn Comfort shoes....one pair of sandals, another pair of athletic shoes. They have a great fit and arch support for anyone with plantar problems. The insole is removable and replaceable. Only problem is the shoes are mucho expensive. I also have an orthotic from them that I wear in my other shoes.

I've also bought shoes from All About Feet. There I got relief from another foot difficulty I was experiencing at the time.

When your feet hurt, it's difficult to do anything. Good luck is getting the situation taken care of.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM

Thank you sooo much ladies! I appreciate all your advice.

Yesterday, was a big disappointment for me. I was offerred my "dream job" and that was to sell real estate for TV. The classroom training started Monday and everything went fine (we basically sat and listened). On Tuesday, we had building tours and needless to say I had intolerable pain. So on Wednesday morning, I went in and told them that I could not do the job at this time. It wouldn't be fair to them or all of the wonderful customers that come to visit (to be stuck with me). They were wonderful and understanding however, I was so sad. Hopefully, I can get healthy and have another opportunity at a later date.

I will keep trying your suggestions however, from what I understand it just takes time, rest, good shoes and orthotics.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Sage

Does anyone remember Jill Clayburgh? I loved her in "an Unmarried Woman". Sadly, She just passed through at the age of 66. Chronic leukemia.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJ View Post
Thank you sooo much ladies! I appreciate all your advice.

Yesterday, was a big disappointment for me. I was offerred my "dream job" and that was to sell real estate for TV. The classroom training started Monday and everything went fine (we basically sat and listened). On Tuesday, we had building tours and needless to say I had intolerable pain. So on Wednesday morning, I went in and told them that I could not do the job at this time. It wouldn't be fair to them or all of the wonderful customers that come to visit (to be stuck with me). They were wonderful and understanding however, I was so sad. Hopefully, I can get healthy and have another opportunity at a later date.

I will keep trying your suggestions however, from what I understand it just takes time, rest, good shoes and orthotics.
Oh Lisa. Feel this hug.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Does anyone remember Jill Clayburgh? I loved her in "an Unmarried Woman". Sadly, She just passed through at the age of 66. Chronic leukemia.
Yes, I remember her, Bare. Very sad, 66 is young today, isn't it. With my dad being 94, I think anything below 80 is young...... isn't it???? RIP Jill, you were a terrific actress.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Yes, I remember her, Bare. Very sad, 66 is young today, isn't it. With my dad being 94, I think anything below 80 is young...... isn't it???? RIP Jill, you were a terrific actress.
Kathie, it seems to me that "OLD" changes yearly. It is always 15 years older than I am. These days it seems to me that a healthy 80 year old is actually young!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove
Default Foot Pain

Not sure if this will help, but I have arthritis in both my feet which at times has been disabling. I use Voltaren Gel which I apply to my feet and it seems to provide a lot of relief very quickly. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). You might ask your doctor about it. I like the idea that it is topical so it doesn't get into my blood stream.

If you have any questions about it you can PM me.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
Not sure if this will help, but I have arthritis in both my feet which at times has been disabling. I use Voltaren Gel which I apply to my feet and it seems to provide a lot of relief very quickly. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). You might ask your doctor about it. I like the idea that it is topical so it doesn't get into my blood stream. If you have any questions about it you can PM me.
Is it prescription or over-the-counter? I wonder if it works on knees?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:05 PM

Please let us know if you need a prescription. Thank You Gracie!!! I feel your hug!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Sage

I recently met a 94 year-old lady who line dances and plays mahjong for money. She should live in TV but lives in N. Miami. Anyway, her mind and body are still healthy. She is chronologically ageful, but young in my book!

Hey, I just coined a word.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Is it prescription or over-the-counter? I wonder if it works on knees?
Yes it does.
It's prescription. Here is the website: http://www.voltarengel.com/consumer/default.aspx

In the interest of being perfectly honest I should probably mention that I work for the company that makes it, but I do use it and probably would never have heard of it otherwise.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.