Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Uptown Girl: AMAZING talent!!!! Absolutely beautiful screen art.....barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

They stay very, very tiny . . . .not enough for a fish fry. My fish, "Flash"

The Villages Florida
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Platinum member

OOOoooo, I like your fishy. Maybe you could paint him too!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=K9-Lovers;326831]

Also something I've tried lately that has worked wonders for my face is a rotating brush cleaner by Olay that is a knock-off for the Clarisonic. So instead of $200, I spent $30 to find out if this idea really works, and it does! I stopped wearing foundation, but especially for those that still use make up, this thing would be fabulous. It cleans your pores so well that they close up a bit and become smaller. I use it once a day with their supplied exfoliating cleaner and then follow up with moisturizer. I found it at Walgreens and just love it.
----------------------------------

I couldn't find the Olay brush cleaner for $30. So I bought a Neutrogena rotating brush for $9.99. Love it! Thanks for the tip K9.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Where does your iPad live when it is not out?

Hi Girls,

I have not known my iPad long so we have not quite bonded, but I am working on it. I know that some of my emails sent on my iPad look like I am trying to write them in stanzas -- just like poems -- poems that do not rhyme.

When I look in the "Sent" mail, there they are, tormenting me, in stanza form. They did not look like that when I sent them. Oh well. I am not here to whine about poem-impersonating emails......although....oh my! Recipients of my iPad generated emails that arrive in stanza-form, looking like really dumb poems, could suspect that I might be an English major -- and a bad one at that.....but I digress....I am really here to give you iPad girls a shopping tip.

Every now and then, I give a shopping tip here in Girl Talk. I do not like to shop so when you get a shopping tip from me, you can bet that I am serious about it.

There was that shopping tip back in 2009 on page 148 where I went on and on about the wonders of Coldwater Creek's knit denim jeans. Now, I own 4 pairs of those jeans, including the ones I was writing about all those months ago. And they are still doing what they said they would do, after several million washings even.

Recently there was the Paula Dorf Special Camouflage to de-pink your nose and cheeks when needed. That stuff I have been clinging to for two years. Tones me right down where I need it.

And tonight, as if I have not gone on and on enough, I now must go on and on about the perfect little home I found for my iPad. My iPad has the case that can be adjusted at 3 different levels. It is a sturdy case, but sometimes my iPad needs a place to live when not in use -- other than blended in with a stack of books. Or maybe it wants to go along in the car with me so I can play around on it and be distracted from giving Mr. Boomer helpful driving tips. (Do you think that could be why he bought that thing for me?)

So anyway, I felt like I needed something besides just the case for my iPad. Something to tote the thing around in sturdiness. And quite by accident, I found it. A Lands' End tote.

I know you might be out there rolling your eyes and looking at your sophisticated briefcases and thinking, "Geez! Boomer, get a grip and a life. You are all excited about a Lands' End tote?!"

Well......yes I am. Not only is this a tote. It is a zip-top tote and it perfectly fits the iPad in its case and holds its charger, too.

I love totes. I have a few old totes around that are from the days of being employed, when I sometimes went to conferences where vendors would lure me to their booths and give me totes, emblazoned with the names of whatever they wanted to sell me. (Well, sometimes they just gave me plastic bags or donuts.) Those free totes were not really good totes.....no matter what the cost of whatever they were selling, but I liked them anyway

But Lands' End has the best totes ever. And the one I am linking for you here is the small one. That zip-top is great and helps you to swaddle that precious iPad so it does not fall out.

I bought the black one because I am boring and also because I spill stuff. But I bought a red one for a friend who loves red and that is one beautiful and red shade of red. It is the color of a Valentine.

Well, I have gone on and on and on about the Lands' End small, zip-top tote. I have not posted anything for a few days so I guess these words have been all pent up.

So anyway, if you have managed to read this far without snoozing and if you have an iPad that needs toting, here is the link to the perfect fit....

http://www.landsend.com/pp/ColoredZi...&origin=search

Boomer (not sent from my iPad which is all tucked inside its tote)

Last edited by Boomer; 02-10-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default About those facial rotating brush cleaners . . .

Recently, I've been having eye pain, so off to the doctor I go. Turns out there are tiny dry spots on my corneas and the doc says my eyes are irritated, but he cannot tell why.

So now that the pain is gone and my steroid drops did their job, and the doc says I'm back to normal. . . I think it may have been my rotating brush that caused those microscopic dry spots, I think.

It makes sense, that those little bristles could flick a tiny speck of cleaner into your eye without you realizing it. So I've started closing my eyes when I use that rotating brush thingy. It feels even better with your eyes closed, and I don't have any trouble finding my face with my eyes closed.

So ladies, my advice is that you close your eyes when using those rotating brushes, just in case.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Barefoot I recently bought the rotating brush and love how my skin looks, thanks. K9 Im closing my eyes and enjoying the experience.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Barefoot I recently bought the rotating brush and love how my skin looks, thanks. K9 Im closing my eyes and enjoying the experience.
DMom .... What kind of rotating brush did you get? I have no idea how my $9 neutrogena model compares to the more expensive ones. I know that it is quite active because it hurts if it catches a piece of hair.

K9, thank for the tip about closing our eyes when using the rotating brush. Usually I look in my magnifying mirror. And that is a scary, scary thing because it magnifies things six times larger. Yikes.

Boomer, I have a Villages heavy canvas bag which makes a good tote bag for my iPad. The tote was given to us by our realtor when we purchased our latest home in TV. I love my iPad so much! Do you like yours?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Bare, I bought the Olay rotating brush, I think it cost $30 and I love it.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Barefoot, about the iPad.....I think I am going to really like it once I truly spend some time figuring things out. I feel like I am holding a little treasure box in my hands but have been able to take only a tiny peek inside.

And your tote bag sounds perfect and free at that. My goodness, I was certainly into my ode to the Lands' End tote the other night. I caught it during a 30% off sale, but free is so much better.

I must look into that Olay brush. Nora Ephron has a new book out. I am reading it now. Her last one was titled "I Feel Bad About My Neck" and I absolutely loved that title. Her new book is "I Remember Nothing." I can relate to both titles. Maybe the Olay brush will help with the neck thing.

Boomer
Old 02-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I've been using the Olay cleansing brush on my neck. The massage can only help, I figure, and my facial skin looks so much better that it probably will do something wonderful for my neck. Now, I'm thinking about the rest of me. . . . . .

Mr. K9's power drill with a brush attachment maybe . . . . .
Old 02-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default iPad learning stage....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Barefoot, about the iPad.....I think I am going to really like it once I truly spend some time figuring things out. I feel like I am holding a little treasure box in my hands but have been able to take only a tiny peek inside. Boomer
Boomer, it sounds like you have the same feelings about the iPad as do. My family gifted me with an iPad which was a shocking surprise as I would hem and haw about really wanting one and yet didn't feel it was worth the expense.

Upon testing out this sophisticated piece of equipment, I feel guilty not using it more and preferring the comfort of the laptop. I know that I MUST work with the iPad and get that comfortable feel of it as well as investigate the endless apps that are in this little genius pad. My 14 y/o great g'son and his advanced knowledge of this hi-tech "stuff" is due to visit next month and I'll have to pick his brain learning this pad.

I certainly don't want the family to feel that I'm not pleased with such a lovely gift and I'm usually the computer guru but this iPad has me completely all thumbs. I've been so used to using AOL for all these many years and the transformation to the iPad is no easy task.

So, am asking anyone if y'all felt the same, or am I just not giving it a chance?

Lost in cyberspace.....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post

I certainly don't want the family to feel that I'm not pleased with such a lovely gift and I'm usually the computer guru but this iPad has me completely all thumbs. I've been so used to using AOL for all these many years and the transformation to the iPad is no easy task.

So, am asking anyone if y'all felt the same, or am I just not giving it a chance?
Lost in cyberspace.....b
Oh Barb, I can SO relate to your comments. When I first got my iPad I really didn't like it at all. I guess I'm a creature of habit. I wasn't used to the touch screens and it kept doing weird things if I tapped it my mistake.

Three months later I love my iPad. I call it Baby Paddy because I carry it everywhere. Recently my internet and phone stopped working. So I just took Baby Paddy out to breakfast at Bob Evans and used their Wifi. Neat. It is so portable! Unfortunately I've barely tapped the potential. I have downloaded lots of neat Apps, there is one I use to put me to sleep, a bedtime hypnosis one, it works like a charm. But I use my iPad mostly for research and reading ... everything from TOTV to books to People Magazine to watching Harry's Law!

There is a neat App, you just ask it a question (by talking to it), and up pops a choice of websites. And another App .. you just "talk" your e-mail message and it will print what you said. Not very accurately, but still, it's amazing.

I use my iPad for an hour or two most days. But I'm a fast typist and I need a "real" computer and keyboard. I still find the touch one awkward. I just bought a new Acer Laptop which I'm using right now. Basically, I consider Baby Paddy an expensive toy. But I love my iPad; money well spent.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Ladies, I see that the Olay exfoliating brush is on special at Walgreens and CVS.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Ladies, I see that the Olay exfoliating brush is on special at Walgreens and CVS.
I'll get right over there! I need some exfoliation!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.