Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
I'll get right over there! I need some exfoliation!
Please let us know if you like it. My neutrogena exfoliator comes with pads which you stick on the unit. Kind of like velcro. The pads are either exfoliating or normal cleansing. Does the Olay unit work the same way? I want to give myself a pumpkin-pie-filling facial with a plain pad but I don't know how to get a plain pad to adhere to the unit.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Description of the Olay Unit:

The Olay unit only has one brush; there are no pads. The brush has two speeds. The low speed is used for once-a-day cleansing and the fast speed is for once-a-week exfoliation. (Although the slow speed exfoliates my skin). The battery-run brush is completely waterproof and can be used in the shower. There are replacement brushes available for purchase. Included in the kit is Olay exfoliating cleanser, which I use every day. But it says you can use any cleaner you prefer.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Description of the Olay Unit:

The Olay unit only has one brush; there are no pads. The brush has two speeds. The low speed is used for once-a-day cleansing and the fast speed is for once-a-week exfoliation. (Although the slow speed exfoliates my skin). The battery-run brush is completely waterproof and can be used in the shower. There are replacement brushes available for purchase. Included in the kit is Olay exfoliating cleanser, which I use every day. But it says you can use any cleaner you prefer.
The neutrogena unit doesn't have a brush. It has a rotating head to which you attach pads, and discard after using once. Either cleansing pads or exfoliating pads. So you're commited to buying the pads which attach like velcro. I think I'll treat myself to an Olay unit.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
The neutrogena unit doesn't have a brush. It has a rotating head to which you attach pads, and discard after using once. Either cleansing pads or exfoliating pads. So you're commited to buying the pads which attach like velcro. I think I'll treat myself to an Olay unit.
You'll love the brush, Bare. Using it feels like getting a gentle face massage. When you're done, your face feels sooo soft. If Fireboy's in town, he'll love it too.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 PM

OK, I need a brow and bikini wax? Is there a spa in TV where I could get these and maybe a facial? There aren't too many spas in town which surprises me. Either that or I'm just not finding them?
Thx
Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
OK, I need a brow and bikini wax? Is there a spa in TV where I could get these and maybe a facial? There aren't too many spas in town which surprises me. Either that or I'm just not finding them?
Thx
Tuscany in LSL
Old 02-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Hi Girls,

Have you ever had to wrestle yourself to the floor to keep yourself from saying something that you probably should not say?

Or should you just say it? --sweetly and quietly -- just tell the guy? Even though it is none of your business? Even though you have never seen him before and likely will never see him again?

Have you ever had to wrestle yourself into NOT giving unsolicited advice to a perfect stranger? Even though you know in your heart that you would make that person's life sooooo much better if you just said it?

Ohhhh, those dilemmas life throws our way.....

Here's what happened....

Mr. Boomer and I were having breakfast this morning in a restaurant when a man walked in wearing a suit and tie and white shirt, and all that, looking quite spiffy. He chatted pleasantly with the server as he made his way to a corner booth. And then it happened! He took off his suit jacket to hang it up and that's when I saw what the poor, misguided man had done to himself.

He was wearing suspenders -- which I still like even though I know they probably are not hot anymore like they were a few years back -- so the suspenders part was OK. BUT he was ALSO wearing a belt. A belt AND suspenders!

Oh my! What to do?

I fretted about it to Mr. Boomer who did not seem to care. (He was busy with his bad, bad breakfast involving fried eggs and fried potatoes and bacon.)

I told Mr. Boomer about the time a friend of mine showed up at work wearing brand new suspenders AND a belt. He was strutting around a bit and asked me how I liked his new suspenders. Well.......what is a friend to do??? We had worked together for many years. This guy trusted my judgment. I could not betray the friendship. So, finally, I had to just say it....

I said, "Your suspenders are great, but you must never ever wear suspenders AND a belt. So please get rid of that belt before anybody else notices."

Well, at first, my friend was rather taken aback. But knowing who he was talking to, and that I had never steered him wrong before, he ditched the belt and never again wore it with his great suspenders.

But that was a friend. And he had asked.

The guy in the restaurant this morning was a perfect stranger. I could have changed his life for the better. But I chose not to. I let him finish his breakfast in peace, get up, put his suit jacket back on, and walk out of my life forever....never knowing. (sigh)

AND THEN I learned that the guy is a lawyer!

Ohhhhhhh, nooooooooo! What if? What if?

What if he was on his way to stand brilliantly in front of a jury, delivering a masterfully prepared closing, and on that jury there sat a hard-hearted, unforgiving fashionista who would not even listen to his words once she spotted that belt AND those suspenders. Ohhhhh, I will never know how many lives I could have changed this morning -- had I not succeeded in wrestling myself to the floor.

Boomer (face down in the stream of consciousness, once again)

PS: Just so ya know, I am not a fashionista. Heck, I have been trying for years to talk Mr. Boomer into growing a ponytail. I love gray ponytails. But he still just looks at me and shakes his head. But he has never been and never will be seen wearing a belt AND suspenders.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Belt Loop Alert

The fashion police say it is a faux pas to wear suspenders with pants meant for a belt. The pants meant for suspenders have buttons for attaching the tabs, either on the outside or on the inside of the waistband. And, those pants do not have belt loops, which precludes the wearing of a belt.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thoughtful Boomer,

You made the right decision not telling that lawyer about his fashion mistake. You were having breakfast, right? The lawyer was probably heading over to court right after breakfast.

Just think, if you had mentioned his fashion faux pas the lawyer would surely feel self-conscious about his appearance. During his vigorous defense of an innocent man charged with a heinous crime, the lawyer would surely remove his jacket thereby revealing his embarrassing situation. Immediately, he would realize his suspenders and belt were showing all at the same time and would begin to fumble his words. In fact, he may forget his speech and points of law to defend his innocent client in his distracted state. The opposing attorney would take advantage of his flustered, inadequate speech and zero in for the kill. The innocent man would surely be convicted of a crime he did not commit.

So, Boomer, by NOT mentioning to him the problem of wearing the belt and suspenders together, you probably saved an innocent man's life. For that you are truly to be admired!

Imaginative K9
Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Sage

To Boomer, Head of the Fashion Police ....

Suspenders and a belt ....

P.S. I hope Mr. Boomer comes to his senses soon and grows that gray ponytail for you.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Sage

I have a friend visiting next week who wants to go home looking "refreshed". She will only be in TV for a week, and she wants to look into botox, fillers, etc. (no surgery). I know there are continual ads in the Daily Sun and a lot of free information seminars. I'd like to make an appointment for her at a clinic or with a doctor, however I don't know the good from the bad.

Does anyone know anything about clinics in this area? Perhaps you know someone who has had work done. If you could post any recommendations here, I'd really appreciate it.

I understand that some women may not want to talk about this delicate subject publicly. If you don't care to post, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Platinum member
Default a small FYI

Hi Bare,
I can't speak as to where to go in TV, but thought I'd throw in some notes of personal experience.
I have had botox once. They use it primarily for forehead wrinkles and wrinkles between brows. It was an ouchie... and although the wrinkles were gone immediately, the injection holes took a week to heal. It also changed my brow line.... something to think about if she tweezes her brows. They may sit differently afterward.

I had filler once as well, around my chin/mouth lines. It was painful. I almost made her stop. Tell your friend this takes 2 WEEKS before you look good. I was really black and blue, even with immediate and constant ice packs. Makeup covered it a bit, but I certainly didn't look 'refreshed' by the end of a week.
(The filler used was Perlane)
The botox lasted about six months for me, and the filler has a bit of a permanent effect, as it is a sugar that stimulates your body to produce collagen in the area injected.
I did it for my wedding, and liked the effects of the filler better than the botox.( Had to really be an artist with fixing my brows afterward) But thank Goodness I did it 3 weeks before time, or I would have looked like a mess for my special day.

I don't think I'd do botox again, but might think about filler if I really start to sag. It can be overdone.... I saw a lot of filler watching the Oscars on television. Billy Crystal, looked especially round in the face.
One more note... I am sensitive to a lot of stuff, but had no problem there.
Now... keep my 'secret', okay?
Old 03-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Barefoot-
I have heard really good things about Mesos. (Not sure if I spelled that correctly). A few of my friends have been there and are really pleased. I have not been their personally however, they are supposed to be really clean and professional. Please let us know where your friend goes and if she is pleased.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJ View Post
Barefoot-
I have heard really good things about Mesos. (Not sure if I spelled that correctly). A few of my friends have been there and are really pleased. I have not been their personally however, they are supposed to be really clean and professional. Please let us know where your friend goes and if she is pleased.
Thanks a lot Lisa, I'll give Mesos a call and see what services they offer.I've seen their ads and wondered about them. What have your friends had done? My friend is also thinking about permanent eyebrows.

UPTOWN GIRL, you're the best! Thanks so much for the comments about botox and filler, and for being so open about your experiences. It was really an eyeopener to hear your comments. It never occurred to me that botox could affect eyebrows, but of course, that makes perfect sense.

I was under the impression that you could have fillers at noon hour and then go back to work. And I thought they used a topical anethestic. So your experience with perlane was very enlightening. Especially about how painful it was, and how long it took to settle down. I'm pretty sure my friend wouldn't consider any painful procedures.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:37 PM

Hi Bare-
Both of my friends had fillers plus botox. One of them had the laser treatment as well. They both look fabulous. However, it did take about a week for the bruising to go away. You can cover it with makeup however, they both said to make sure you have extra makeup in your purse. Apparently, they put the fillers around your mouth. If you touch your mouth, eat or drink something the bruising shows through. Neither one was badly bruised but noticeable without makeup. Hope that helps! The only problem is that is expensive. The botox wears off every three months and is costly to keep up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.