Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Girls,

If there are others out there who like Lands' End like I do, you might want to know about the sale that they are having right now. Everything is 30% off and the shipping is free.

If you like cardigans, you will find them in lots of different colors. It's also a good place to find swimsuits. And I love their totes.

I buy Mr. Boomer's khakis from Lands' End. It is so much easier than trying to get him to go to the mall to try stuff on.

There is a sale promo code on the Lands' End website's opening page.

But you will have to hurry, hurry, hurry if you want to order anything. The sale expires at midnight.

Midnight tonight -- so if you get way into looking through their website, don't forget to keep an eye on the clock.

Boomerella
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi Girls,

If there are others out there who like Lands' End like I do, you might want to know about the sale that they are having right now. Everything is 30% off and the shipping is free.

If you like cardigans, you will find them in lots of different colors. It's also a good place to find swimsuits. And I love their totes.

I buy Mr. Boomer's khakis from Lands' End. It is so much easier than trying to get him to go to the mall to try stuff on.

There is a sale promo code on the Lands' End website's opening page.

But you will have to hurry, hurry, hurry if you want to order anything. The sale expires at midnight.

Midnight tonight -- so if you get way into looking through their website, don't forget to keep an eye on the clock.

Boomerella
Oh rats, I missed the Lands End sale. I'm usually afraid to order from online stores unless someone recommends them. But I realize it's the way of the future.

I recently ordered a bathing suit online (took a leap of faith), from Bare Necessities. It came immediately, free shipping, no problems, and I like it.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Platinum member

As for a recommendation for an online store, I have had good results with Zappos. Returns are at their expense. The first time I ordered the wrong size, so had to return the order. Since then, no returns necessary.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Eternal Member
Default Heh Heh - Girl Talk

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...

Women are like phones:
They like to be held, talked to, and touched often.
But push the wrong button and your ass is disconnected.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...

Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often.
But push the wrong button and your ass is disconnected.
Exactly!

Does anyone know where in The Villages I can buy one of those little "half" sweaters .... you know the kind with sleeves that just covers the girls and stops half way to your waist? Are they called bolero tops, I'm not sure.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Barefoot,

Those sweaters are called shrugs.

I have always thought that was such a perfect name for them.

Boomer
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default I have had good luck with them also

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
As for a recommendation for an online store, I have had good results with Zappos. Returns are at their expense. The first time I ordered the wrong size, so had to return the order. Since then, no returns necessary.
PS Zappos is a wholy owend subsidiary of Amazon FYI so if you buy from one and get email offers from the other don't be supprised
Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi Barefoot,
Those sweaters are called shrugs.
I have always thought that was such a perfect name for them.
Boomer
Thanks Boom, you know everything.

Does anyone know where I can buy shrugs in TV? I can only find black at Bealls.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Exactly!

Does anyone know where in The Villages I can buy one of those little "half" sweaters .... you know the kind with sleeves that just covers the girls and stops half way to your waist? Are they called bolero tops, I'm not sure.
I remember when they used to be called bolero tops. "Everything old is new again," I guess. I'm still waiting for shoulder pads to come back again. Such a crisp, nice look if they are not too big.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
I remember when they used to be called bolero tops. "Everything old is new again," I guess. I'm still waiting for shoulder pads to come back again. Such a crisp, nice look if they are not too big.
Shoulder pads ... that brings back memories. When I worked at IBM (100 years ago), I wore business suits every day with big shoulder pads. Thank goodness the days of pantihose are over for me.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Gold member
Default shoulder pads are back!

One of the jackets in a Coldwater Creek fashion show I went to this week had shoulder pads - if we could only have a closet for each decade . . .
Old 04-14-2011, 06:48 AM

Barefoot....I, too, am glad the days of panty hose are over!! "Barefoot" is a fitting name for you now!!
You have made me curious....do any of the ladies out there reading this forum wear panty hose now and then? I haven't for years...bare legs were totally accepted in the office environment I retired from last April.
Just wondering....
Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Veteran member
Talking Cropped Cardies

Just saw an ad for Old Navy and they have "Cropped Cardies", aka shrugs, on sale for $8.00
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebarb View Post
barefoot....i, too, am glad the days of panty hose are over!! "barefoot" is a fitting name for you now!!
You have made me curious....do any of the ladies out there reading this forum wear panty hose now and then? I haven't for years...bare legs were totally accepted in the office environment i retired from last april.
Just wondering....

never!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeBarb View Post
Barefoot....I, too, am glad the days of panty hose are over!! "Barefoot" is a fitting name for you now!!
You have made me curious....do any of the ladies out there reading this forum wear panty hose now and then? I haven't for years...bare legs were totally accepted in the office environment I retired from last April.
Just wondering....
Retired 8 years ago. Haven't worn panty hose since. (But....... I have had tights on with skirts in the winter).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.