Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Gold member

QUOTE=LisaJ;383175]Bare- Thank you for the compliment! I know women don't really like to share about the botox and juvaderm. However, I believe we can all learn from each other. No, the botox and fillers don't hurt. You are a little bruised (makeup will cover it). The problem is the botox wears off in 3 months and the cost of keeping up the botox gets expensive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we're worth it, right?[
Old 08-18-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
question...the commercial mentions brown pigmentation in the eye....that made me afraid to try it since I have blue eyes and I'm not sure how this possible side effect would affect my eyes. Did your Dr. address this?
Good question! I wondered that myself, since I have green eyes. It is a stated side effect and like all pharmaceutical products must be declared even if it is a very small percentage. So far no notice of color change, but if I do see any . . . I will discontinue use.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Default I tried it

My dermatologist offered it, and used it herself. She had lots of curly lashes and used no mascara. (she was a very attractive, young black woman)

I gave it a go. My results were:
Individual lashes grew long, but not with any symmetry. Some sprouted above my lash line, some got much longer than others and looked odd. (They recommend use on top lashes only. I can see why.) Applying mascara (which I still felt I needed) became a daily adventure. It wasn't easy making them look 'not weird'.

The brushes that come with the liquid are awful... makes it very hard to be precise. (You are instructed to use a fresh brush each time) For the cost of the liquid( mine was $125 a pop @ Costco pharmacy) I would have gladly paid an extra $10 to have decent brushes.

My lash line skin began to stain to a darker color where the liquid touched it. It was not a precise line, as you re-apply the liquid daily. Soon it looked like I hadn't gotten old makeup off completely. (That did dissipate a few months after I discontinued use.)

My eyes are brown, but I began to see them get darker beneath the lash line. I am told that does not go away. That's when I stopped. I used the product for three courses.... however many weeks that covers.

i haven't mentioned itchiness, but had that too, low level, but continual. Looking back on it now, it was NOT worth the expense, side effects or diligence of application. I was kind of relieved when my lashes started to LOOK like my own lashes again. Looking back on it now..... I think I was goofier than batsh*t to do such a thing. I was newly in love at the time.
If I had that money to spend over again on a luxury, I'd spend it on massage, pamper myself THAT way, and live happily ever after.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 AM

I agree with uptown girl. Latisse made my eyes itch and I started to get brown lines around my eyes. I have brown eyes and I started to look like a racoon. Stopped using it and the discoloration went away as well as the itching. Wish someone would come out with something else.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Sage

Here is more information I received from one of the girls in a PM ....

"There is a permanent injectable called artefill - used primarily for the lines between the nose and louth, and the sides of the mouth. It works great, based on my experience. There is an excellent doctor in the Jacksonville area who is very experienced and skilled with it. Another thing to consider is eyelid surgery if you have droopy upper lids or baggy lower lids"

I have two comments:

I'm not sure if Artefill is the same filler known as Artecoll, which was a permanent filler used about seven years ago. I thought it was off the market, a lot of people had problems with granulomas, and since the filler was permanent, it caused quite a mess. Perhaps Artefill is a new and better version of Artecoll. If anyone wants any more information about the Jacksonville doctor, please PM me, and I'll find out the information for you.

Re droopy upper lids, my girlfriend had this done. It was paid for by her medical plan because it wasn't considered cosmetic surgery. She was really having vision problems because of the droopy lids.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Platinum member
Default Artefill

Here is a little more info on Artefill, and how it works. They do skin tests before any treatment, to reduce the risk of any adverse reactions. It really helps to have a doctor who is experienced with it. I had it done 4 or 5 years ago, and am very happy with it.
http://www.pearsonfaces.com/florida/...-juvederm.html

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 08-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
Here is a little more info on Artefill, and how it works. They do skin tests before any treatment, to reduce the risk of any adverse reactions. It really helps to have a doctor who is experienced with it. I had it done 4 or 5 years ago, and am very happy with it.
http://www.pearsonfaces.com/florida/...-juvederm.html
Well, you're a good advertisement for Artefill, you look fabulous now. But I have a feeling you probably looked fabulous all along!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Well, you're a good advertisement for Artefill, you look fabulous now. But I have a feeling you probably looked fabulous all along!
i agree..... lovely photo!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Platinum member
Default Thanks!

Thanks so much! I will be 61 this year, and I do really appreciate things like artefill that work for me without being overly invasive. I can hardly wait to get to TV to be friends with everyone (two years down the road!)

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 08-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
Thanks so much! I will be 61 this year, and I do really appreciate things like artefill that work for me without being overly invasive. I can hardly wait to get to TV to be friends with everyone (two years down the road!)
OK, you look 20 years younger ... You're a poster girl for Artefill! But somehow I think it may be the great cheekbones!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to ariel

Hi all! I recently had the eyelid surgery done. Upper paid by insurance and just decided to do the lower (bags) as an add on. I would do it again, but was not prepared for the fairly difficult time I had during recovery. Friends who had it previously had told me, so not sure why I wasn't prepared. Just thought I would bounce back as if I were 25 - don't bounce as high now! So for anyone thinking about it, it is worth it - can see much better, eyes not nearly as tired and heavy feeling by day's end and bags are essentially gone. Eunice
Old 12-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage

I'm just wondering if any of you gals are on Warfarin pills. This isn't something I like to talk about on the general forum. Somehow it seems more private on Girl Talk. I was thinking about the possibility of getting some botox shots, but I think being on a blood thinner makes that impossible. Which is probably for the best!

I have to be on Warfarin for the next five months, but not for life. I had knee surgery on both knees which went OK. But as a result, I developed blood clots in my lungs and spent 8 days in hospital. Now I have to take warfarin. And have blood tests often (now twice a week).

I hate taking drugs, and especially rat poison, but I guess it's a necessary evil. I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with this drug.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
I'm just wondering if any of you gals are on Warfarin pills. This isn't something I like to talk about on the general forum. Somehow it seems more private on Girl Talk. I was thinking about the possibility of getting some botox shots, but I think being on a blood thinner makes that impossible. Which is probably for the best!

I have to be on Warfarin for the next five months, but not for life. I had knee surgery on both knees which went OK. But as a result, I developed blood clots in my lungs and spent 8 days in hospital. Now I have to take warfarin. And have blood tests often (now twice a week).

I hate taking drugs, and especially rat poison, but I guess it's a necessary evil. I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with this drug.
I was on Warfarin and often the generic since I developed blood clots in my lung and leg after my ovarian cancer surgery. Just recently my oncologist suggest that I stop taking the drug. While you're on this blood thinner, one must NEVER undergo any procedure that may cause bleeding.

One can stop taking Warfarin for three days and then have the surgery. Since you're only taking it for a short period of time, my opinion would be to wait on the Botox until you're off the Warfarin.

You could question your blood draw person who does your INR testing 2x/wk.

Good luck....barb1191

ps: I can't imagine that you want to do Botox, you're adorable as is!!!

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 12-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
I was on Warfarin and often the generic since I developed blood clots in my lung and leg after my ovarian cancer surgery. Just recently my oncologist suggest that I stop taking the drug. While you're on this blood thinner, one must NEVER undergo any procedure that may cause bleeding.
Good luck....barb1191
ps: I can't imagine that you want to do Botox, you're adorable as is!!!
Hi Barb .... Thanks for the info! How long did you take warfarin? I can't help feeling there is something unhealthy about ingesting rat poison. But I guess it saves lives! Did you have any side effects? I have less energy than before my knee surgeries, but perhaps that's a normal reaction, while I'm still recovering. My blood clots started in my legs and moved to my lungs. Did you have your INR levels checked twice a week through blood tests. When you had blood clots in your lungs, were they painful?

I've been told I'll be on Warfarin for six months. I've decided that taking blood thinners is way more important for me right now than having any vanity procedures. Even tho I see my grandmother when I look in the mirror!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Hi Barb .... Thanks for the info! How long did you take warfarin? I can't help feeling there is something unhealthy about ingesting rat poison. But I guess it saves lives! Did you have any side effects? I have less energy than before my knee surgeries, but perhaps that's a normal reaction, while I'm still recovering. My blood clots started in my legs and moved to my lungs. Did you have your INR levels checked twice a week through blood tests. When you had blood clots in your lungs, were they painful?

I've been told I'll be on Warfarin for six months. I've decided that taking blood thinners is way more important for me right now than having any vanity procedures. Even tho I see my grandmother when I look in the mirror!
I took it for about five years....no side effects. Wasn't pleased to learn the composition of the med, but when blood clots are there, what's the alternative? If the rat poison keeps you alive, then there's no choice, yes?

My CA125 this test was too high so I must go back on chemo. Again, chemo not only kills cancer, but it can also be destructive to other parts of your body. Scary, but there isn't really many choices. I stopped chemo five yrs ago (my choice). Was never in remission, yet the cancer growth slowed down for me to be able to refuse the chemo. Now that the count in so high, it's back to chemo again.

I never suffered any pain from chemo or blood clots but was wiped out of energy and strength which never returned as I'm still very weak.

My INR tests were twice a month after having been taking it for so long.

Maybe you should get a new mirror <grin> because from what I see, you're very attractive. Forget about the Botox...it is so disfiguring and looks so fake. You have excellent genes and don't spoil your good looks with that junk. IMO.....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.