Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
I took it for about five years....no side effects. Wasn't pleased to learn the composition of the med, but when blood clots are there, what's the alternative? If the rat poison keeps you alive, then there's no choice, yes?

My CA125 this test was too high so I must go back on chemo. Again, chemo not only kills cancer, but it can also be destructive to other parts of your body. Scary, but there isn't really many choices. I stopped chemo five yrs ago (my choice). Was never in remission, yet the cancer growth slowed down for me to be able to refuse the chemo. Now that the count in so high, it's back to chemo.
IMO.....b
Barb, thanks for the info. I'm so sorry to hear you have to go back to Chemo. You have a great attitude, a lot of courage, and great family support. That means so much!

I figure that as we age our bodies will start disintegrating. It happens to us all, even if we've lived healthy lifestyles. We just have to live life with as much optimism and courage as possible. Good luck, and please keep us updated!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Sage

Barb,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having to go back on chemo. I'm sending you my prayers and a heartfelt hug.

I agree with you that Bare is most attractive! Not to mention, kind and fun.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Sage

Thanks PT! That was much appreciated. I've been feeling a little blue lately because I'm not medically stable enough to qualify for travel insurance . Our home in TV sits empty while I'm here in Canada watching the lake freeze over. Sometimes I need to slap myself and remember the blessings I have in life!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Sage

I keep seeing ads for Lifestyle Lifts where you can go in during your lunch hour and emerge an hour later looking 40 years younger!

Soon they'll have drive-by locations where you don't have to leave your car!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage

For those people who've been wondering how Boomer is doing ... I just got a PM from her and she is fine, just not posting a lot lately.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard from K-9. I miss the animal posts.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Thanks PT! That was much appreciated. I've been feeling a little blue lately because I'm not medically stable enough to qualify for travel insurance . Our home in TV sits empty while I'm here in Canada watching the lake freeze over. Sometimes I need to slap myself and remember the blessings I have in life!
Well, you're here in spirit... while meantime we are holding thoughts for you to get better and better!
deb
Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Well, you're here in spirit... while meantime we are holding thoughts for you to get better and better! deb
Thanks so much. That means a lot to me. I'm hoping to get clearance from my doctor to travel in late Jan. I'm sure we'll meet up then!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum member
Default Hang in there!

Hang in there, Bare! We're all wishing you the best!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=Barefoot;429069]For those people who've been wondering how Boomer is doing ... I just got a PM from her and she is fine, just not posting a lot lately.

Really glad to hear she's ok - I miss her posts! Maybe she's just busy writing her column or book - not kidding, I think she has the talent!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=Ohiogirl;429180]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
For those people who've been wondering how Boomer is doing ... I just got a PM from her and she is fine, just not posting a lot lately.

Really glad to hear she's ok - I miss her posts! Maybe she's just busy writing her column or book - not kidding, I think she has the talent!
bump. Whew.

Boomer, come back.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Platinum member

[quote=graciegirl;436609]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post

bump. Whew.

Boomer, come back.
Ditto! Boomer, we miss you!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Sage

Boomer, helloooooooooooooooooooooo, we all miss you.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel View Post
Hi all! I recently had the eyelid surgery done. Upper paid by insurance and just decided to do the lower (bags) as an add on. I would do it again, but was not prepared for the fairly difficult time I had during recovery. Friends who had it previously had told me, so not sure why I wasn't prepared. Just thought I would bounce back as if I were 25 - don't bounce as high now! So for anyone thinking about it, it is worth it - can see much better, eyes not nearly as tired and heavy feeling by day's end and bags are essentially gone. Eunice
I was just rereading your post. You probably weren't prepared for the aftermath of the surgery because on TV, they make it look so easy, especially the Lifestyle Lift. Whatever that is. How are you doing now?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Sage

Bare,
Does your prognosis still look good to come down in late January? I hope so! How are you feeling? How are the knees?

Boomer,
Yes,we've missed you so! Glad you are well.

I'm happy to report that Mr. and Mrs. K-9 are doing quite well. Saw them last month. Would LOVE to have them back on TOTV.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Bare,
Does your prognosis still look good to come down in late January? I hope so! How are you feeling? How are the knees?
I'm so happy to hear that Mr. & Mrs. K-9 are well. Such nice people. I really miss posters when they disappear. Unfortunately this website can get very addictive! I often think of how much time I would have in my day, if only I could kick my addiction to TOTV.

Thanks for asking about my knees PT. As a result of my bi-lateral knee operations, I got pulmonary embolisms in both lungs, and that is what has been creating the travel delay. The Travel Medical Insurance Companies aren't too keen to offer insurance to someone who just got out of the hospital.

However things are now looking much sunnier. Yay! I hope to get approval soon to travel south! And then I'll be singing "Happy Days are Here Again".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.