Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
. . . Thanks for asking about my knees PT. As a result of my bi-lateral knee operations, I got pulmonary embolisms in both lungs, and that is what has been creating the travel delay. The Travel Medical Insurance Companies aren't too keen to offer insurance to someone who just got out of the hospital.

However things are now looking much sunnier. Yay! I hope to get approval soon to travel south! And then I'll be singing "Happy Days are Here Again".
Ay carumba! That doesn't sound good at all! Are you feeling ok now? Get yourself down here in some warm Florida sunshine and soak up some vitamin D. Hope you get approval to travel soon!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Ay carumba! That doesn't sound good at all! Are you feeling ok now? Get yourself down here in some warm Florida sunshine and soak up some vitamin D. Hope you get approval to travel soon!
Thanks Judy. I'm feeling better and stronger and more impatient with each passing day. Actually, my orthepedic surgeon said that time in Florida would be better than Physio!

I will definitely see you soon.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Platinum member

Yay! That's great news, Barefoot! Your orthopedic surgeon sounds like one smart cookie. Lounging at the pool and learning how to oil paint will heal you in no time!
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm so happy to hear that Mr. & Mrs. K-9 are well. Such nice people. I really miss posters when they disappear. Unfortunately this website can get very addictive! I often think of how much time I would have in my day, if only I could kick my addiction to TOTV.

Thanks for asking about my knees PT. As a result of my bi-lateral knee operations, I got pulmonary embolisms in both lungs, and that is what has been creating the travel delay. The Travel Medical Insurance Companies aren't too keen to offer insurance to someone who just got out of the hospital.

However things are now looking much sunnier. Yay! I hope to get approval soon to travel south! And then I'll be singing "Happy Days are Here Again".
Oh dear,
I googled pulmonary embolisms and see that it is blood clots. I hope they have it under control. I hope you are feeling well and you stay well and healthy. I hope. I hope.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Veteran member

Barefoot, I can empathize with you. 2 years ago I had a knee replacement. 8 days later I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital due to bi-lateral pulmonary emboli...13 in the left and 11 in the right. Recuperation is slow. I finally had a Celect vena cava filter put in to collect any residual clots. Been fine since then...just took a few months. Hang in there.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
Barefoot, I can empathize with you. 2 years ago I had a knee replacement. 8 days later I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital due to bi-lateral pulmonary emboli...13 in the left and 11 in the right. Recuperation is slow. I finally had a Celect vena cava filter put in to collect any residual clots. Been fine since then...just took a few months. Hang in there.
Mac9, thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I also have bi-lateral pulmonary emboli, and stupidly, I had chest pains for eight days before I went to Emergency. I ignored the pain until it was non-stop and excruciating. They told me at the hospital I was lucky to be alive.

Ladies, listen to your bodies. If you're having chest pains, get to a hospital!

In my case, the doctors in ER considered filters, but opted instead for blood thinners (warfarin, which is rat poison). I was in hospital for eight days trying to get my dosage at the correct level. But now I'm stable. I sure don't like taking warfarin every day, but it's a necessary evil. In four months I'll be able to stop taking it, yay.

You're right that recuperation is slow. As we get older, I guess we can expect our bodies to start breaking down. Our best defence is a positive attitude. I try to focus on the fact that I'm lucky to be alive. And I know that with the Florida sunshine, my recuperation will be much faster, so I'm hoping to get to TV before the end of January!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Veteran member

So sorry to hear that, Barefoot, but very glad to hear that you will be ok. Wow, that is really scary! We are so good about taking care of others and we would never let our dogs go with an ouchy for very long but we ignore things in ourselves. I am glad you are on the mend now. You are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery. Hugs.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Veteran member

Here's to a quick recovery Bare and now you can stay til the end of May as it doesn't warm up much before that up here, at least not in the recent past. Take care of yourself and we hope to see you soon.

Cheers,
LW888
Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 PM

Barefoot,
You sure have been through a rough time. I sincerely hope and pray that better days are ahead for you. Through the years all your posts have been full of wisdom and very kind.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
So sorry to hear that, Barefoot, but very glad to hear that you will be ok. Wow, that is really scary! We are so good about taking care of others and we would never let our dogs go with an ouchy for very long but we ignore things in ourselves. I am glad you are on the mend now. You are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery. Hugs.
I am very much looking forward to meeting you at the a dog park, and having our dogs romp! Soon I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
Here's to a quick recovery Bare and now you can stay til the end of May as it doesn't warm up much before that up here, at least not in the recent past. Take care of yourself and we hope to see you soon.

Cheers,
LW888
I think we'll definitely be staying into May this year. I really need some sunshine. Hope to see you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
Barefoot,
You sure have been through a rough time. I sincerely hope and pray that
better days are ahead for you. Through the years all your posts have been
full of wisdom and very kind.
Larry, thanks so much for your supportive note and kind thoughts. I believe that these little setbacks are meant to make us stronger and more appreciative of all the joys and pleasures we have in TV. I'm healing fast and we should be on our way soon to TV.

Perhaps we'll all meet at The TOTV Crispers Lunch in Jan or Feb.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Default Crispers

When is the lunch? I'd love to meet TOTVers!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
Billyg, the luncheons are the third Friday of the month at Crispers. Unfortunately, this is the same day as the VAA meeting. Hope to meet you one day!
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Old 01-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
Sorry, I should have told you about TOTV meeting at Crispers when we were talking about our Book Club. I thought you knew. I have my fingers crossed I'll be able to be at the January 20 lunch. Some people have lunch, others just have a snack or soft drink.

As Judy said:

3rd Friday of the month
3 PM
Crispers
Southern Trace Plaza, CR 466
Old 01-07-2012, 08:30 PM

What time? Looking forward to it! Hope you are here then Bare!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Default Oops

Just saw it. 3:00pm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.