Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I've switched to Finish power ball tabs. I also bought stainless made in Italy from Sur la Table. So far no pitting or spotting. Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I had a lot of (rust?) spots on any metal stuff when using Cascade ...I found that Cascade's formula isn't the best for that environment. I changed to Finish brand and the results were improved.
Thanks CFrance and Uptown Girl, I'll switch from Cascade to Finish. I hate washing silverware that has just come out of the dishwasher. Grrrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
I'm starting to find little brown spots on my body...never thought to use Cascade
Yes, those little brown spots on the body are even more annoying than the ones on the forks!

I actually found a product I like a lot, Clinique "Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector". You won't lo0k younger, just not as spotty!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Who knew we could get from correcting rust spots to fixing age spots in one fell swoop. I'm on it! Anywhere close to buy Clinique?
Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Who knew we could get from correcting rust spots to fixing age spots in one fell swoop. I'm on it! Anywhere close to buy Clinique?
Belks on CR 441 sells Clinique. When I purchased the Dark Spot Corrector, Clinique was having a special where you also received a goody bag with samples of a bunch of Clinique products. Belks seems to offer a lot of coupons and special sales.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Thanks. I haven't bought Clinique in a while. I used to love those goody bags.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Default Hair stylist

I am looking for a stylist good with short thinning hair and does "good" color for a reasonable price. Is that a possibility here? I've heard of Victoria at Urban Hair, Dana at Cals, and Parker at Root Canal. I will accept any suggestions. Also PM are acceptable is that is a better way to go. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 AM

No to Parker! Went once and won't ever go to him again.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemose View Post
I am looking for a stylist good with short thinning hair and does "good" color for a reasonable price. Is that a possibility here? I've heard of Victoria at Urban Hair, Dana at Cals, and Parker at Root Canal. I will accept any suggestions. Also PM are acceptable is that is a better way to go. Thanks.
I have used Parker at Root466, but I prefer Pam Covely. 352-259-6700.

I also like Color Me (beside Bonefish Grill) 352-750-0057. They do sell a product designed to thicken thinning hair, and promote hair growth. They have some very good beauticians there. I've gone to several, and they all have been good, the last time I used Cynthia.

Victoria has her own shop in the Santa Fe Plaza, 352-753-2299. I think she used to work at Urban Hair, quite a while ago.

I think all the above shops charge approximately the same "middle of the road" prices.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 AM

My hairdresser is Phillis at Victoria's.....she is wonderful with color and everything else!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Sage

Last edited by Barefoot; 07-25-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Sage

Has anyone used Wen Haircare which is sold on TV? The ads make you want to run out and buy it, but I've been fooled before.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Has anyone used Wen Haircare which is sold on TV? The ads make you want to run out and buy it, but I've been fooled before.
I agree, Bare! Every time I see it advertized I am tempted to order some...then I remember all the other hair product "stuff" I have ordered in the past and had no success with. If you try it let us know!!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Smile Wen hair products

I've been using Wen hair products for about 5 months and I'll never use anything else again. It is wonderful!!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm2760jmm View Post
I've been using Wen hair products for about 5 months and I'll never use anything else again. It is wonderful!!
Jmm, please tell us more. Is this the product that's advertised on late night TV? Do you use it in the shower? Is it safe for color-treated hair? Do you have to buy it from TV, or can you find it in the stores?
Thanks for any info!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm2760jmm View Post
Oh, how I love to hear about great new products.

I'm ordering some Wen! They show it on TV as being safe for colour-treated hair. Is there anywhere it can be purchased, other than on TV?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

OK Girls.Here's a question for all of you. There's a current thread out there called "A Day at Citizens First." Please take a minute and read it.

The post was placed on the "Funny" Section but I'll be darned if I can see anything funny about it. It's a comparison between how women and men use an ATM machine. Apparently men are the only ones who can operate an ATM and us dumb women just can't manage those complicated things without doing damage while trying. That is the whole point of the joke.

When I posted that I found it offensive, I was accused of "Whining." What do you think? Can you operate an ATM? Do you find it funny to be ridiculed just because you're a woman? These guys are still living in 1948.

I would love to see a nice polite discussion take place about this stupid joke and I won't post about this again, but I felt it was worth bringing to your attention. We might be old, but we are living in a modern world and I for one won't put up with that ,er, stuff, any more. I already went through the marches and the bra burnings for women's rights. God, can you imagine us burning bras today! lol!!

Thanks for your kind attention.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.