Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

I just saw it as an attempt at some old style humour. I don't take it personally and I hope that our husbands would not find that particularly funny. In fact from casual conversation I hear of more households where the wife is the manager of the funds and the banker. I think that more husbands forget their PIN so don't like using the ATM! It's much easier just asking for cash when they run out. It is like the blonde jokes that are still going around but are out-of-date.

LW888
Old 07-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Sage

Joaniesmom, I did see the thread about women operating ATMs. Here is my two cents worth. I didn't personally find it offensive because I just don't take "dumb women" jokes seriously. We all know that women are vastly superior to men, and that men could never be in positions of power without their mom and/or wife behind them.

You posted that you felt the "joke" was offensive, which was a comment about the topic. Then someone posted that you were whining, which was a comment about you. Not cool. Posters need to stay on the topic and not takes shots at other posters.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Joaniesmom, I did see the thread about women operating ATMs. Here is my two cents worth. I didn't personally find it offensive because I just don't take "dumb women" jokes seriously. We all know that women are vastly superior to men, and that men could never be in positions of power without their mom and/or wife behind them.

You posted that you felt the "joke" was offensive, which was a comment about the topic. Then someone posted that you were whining, which was a comment about you. Not cool. Posters need to stay on the topic and not takes shots at other posters.
Amen! Nicely said!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm2760jmm View Post
I've been using Wen hair products for about 5 months and I'll never use anything else again. It is wonderful!!
Do you order this product online or can you buy it in stores?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Smile Girl Talk

Wen Hair products are only sold online. I think your first order is $29 for 16 oz shampoo (which lasts me 3-4 months and I have shoulder length hair), a condition and a styling cream. It's amazing and if you color your hair, it doesn't fade the color, doesn't dry your hair - it's just an amazing product. I usually don't buy online, but this is worth it.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Do you order this product online or can you buy it in stores?
I called the number from the TV ad to order Wen. You can also order it from QVC.com. I've never seen it in any store. Google Wen and see what comes up.

I have short, permed, color-treated hair. I did not notice any difference in my hair. When the Wen was gone, I went back to my regular hair products.

Good luck!

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Smile Wen

Could be it your hair is short and is cut often it isn't as big of concern. I have long hair and I've seen a huge difference. I had used Aveda products for years and I thought the Wen shampoo was an improvement. Just my opinion of course. I say try it and see - may depend on your hair and length etc.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's amazing and if you color your hair, it doesn't fade the color, doesn't dry your hair - it's just an amazing product. I usually don't buy online, but this is worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyzapp View Post
I have short, permed, color-treated hair. I did not notice any difference in my hair. When the Wen was gone, I went back to my regular hair products.
Good luck!
Oh, I hate it when this happens. One vote for WEN and one against. Has anyone else used it?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Sage

I'm just wondering, as part of your yearly physical exam,

(stop reading here if you're a male, you won't be interested)

do you get a mammogram and bone density test and pap smear every year?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'm just wondering, as part of your yearly physical exam,

(stop reading here if you're a male, you won't be interested)

do you get a mammogram and bone density test and pap smear every year?
YES!!! (age 58 and holding
Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1234 View Post
YES!!! (age 58 and holding

Thanks for the reply. My doctor has always sent me for every test every year, and I've never questioned it. However I've been surveying my girlfriends and a lot of them have a mammogram every two years or not at all. Most in their early to late 60s don't have pap smears at all any more, and don't feel they are necessary. And most have never had a bone density exam. I'm just wondering if all the tests are really necessary.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Veteran member

I don't do medical, but if I were concerned about breast issues, I would have a thermography done. I do not go looking for things as our bodies are always on the look out and getting rid of "cancer" cells. But I believe we have to give the body the support it needs to do its job. I do support the immune system by keeping the antioxidants up and keeping the gut flora up. I also work to clear any emotional stuff that needs addressing.

I think bloodwork can give you an indication of your internal soup and I think that it is good to keep your PH around 7, which can be done easily if you eat your veggies, limit your meats and grains, eliminate sugar and drink your water 80% of the time.

That being said, each person has to decide what works for her. All tests are snapshots of a second in time and it is only over a longer period of time can we really get a picture of what is going on. Even then, we would really need to have a total internal picture to get the whole picture, as a problem in the mouth could be the source of a problem in the gut or in a joint. And if anything is found through testing, I can't be sure if it is coming or going!

German New Medicine has an interesting article on Breast Cancer on its website The German New Medicine as well as lots of other information that may be of interest to those who are interested in looking at other paradigms for health and healing. It was a life changing and life affirming experience for me when I studied it and is a very integral part of my paradigm for healing and self-management.

LW888
Old 08-06-2012, 04:11 PM

The only hair color that does not bring my hair brassy (red) is Aveda. I need to travel to Ocala or Mt. Dora. Yes, it is expensive but beats the alternative. When will Aveda put a salon in TV?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 PM

I worked in the medical field and I feel very strongly that all woman over 40 should have yearly mammogram and pap smear. Bone density every couple years and a colonoscopy every ten years beginning at age 50. Preventative medicine is the best way to fight that dreaded "C" word. Early detection saves lives!! That is why it is so wonderful to live in the USA where we can catch cancer at stage 1 and cure it...not wait till it's stage 4 and too late. If you've ever lost a friend to breast or cervical cancer you know what I mean.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
I worked in the medical field and I feel very strongly that all woman over 40 should have yearly mammogram and pap smear. Bone density every couple years and a colonoscopy every ten years beginning at age 50. Preventative medicine is the best way to fight that dreaded "C" word. Early detection saves lives!! That is why it is so wonderful to live in the USA where we can catch cancer at stage 1 and cure it...not wait till it's stage 4 and too late. If you've ever lost a friend to breast or cervical cancer you know what I mean.
I'm very careful about colonoscopies and endoscopies (I have both every five years) because of health problems that run in my family.

Do you feel that women over 40 should have yearly mammograms and pap smears for the rest of their life? Or do you feel at some age, either they're no longer necessary, or the frequency should be changed?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.