Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
... Has anyone tried Zerona to resculpture their body? I think it's a laser fat reduction method, I see it advertised in the newspaper. Sounds like liposuction but is non-invasive. I can't imagine how it would work. They sure advertise a lot of neat stuff in the Daily Sun. No doubt aimed at neophytes like me who are easily deceived.
Bare, a friend of mine tried the Zerona & she said don't waste your money. She said it did nothing for her.
Just passing along information...
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Veteran member

I bought Guava which is stimulant free pill and you take it twice a day to control appetite. I thought it worked pretty well and didn't make me at all jittery. I don't even drink iced tea because of the caffine so I would feel it if there was a stimulant of any kind (I don't eat chocolate either). I can't say if I'll lose weight or if it works over the long haul because its only been a day, but so far so good.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:08 PM

I became allergic to hair dye and am now totally oh naturale and every one, even my hair dresser says how nice it looks, I love it, and I am saving a fortune, just go for it ladies!!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Bare, a friend of mine tried the Zerona & she said don't waste your money. She said it did nothing for her.
I've heard from a few people who've tried Zerona with the same results as your friend, very disappointed. Makes you wonder how they can advertise such amazing results .. I guess it works for a few people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I bought Guava which is stimulant free pill and you take it twice a day to control appetite. I thought it worked pretty well and didn't make me at all jittery. I can't say if I'll lose weight or if it works over the long haul because its only been a day, but so far so good.
Now it's a week later ---Is Guava working for you? I was trying Sensa, but you have to sprinkle it on everything you eat. Sadly, most of the time I forget to sprinkle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimandhim19981@gmail.com View Post
I became allergic to hair dye and am now totally oh naturale and every one, even my hair dresser says how nice it looks, I love it, and I am saving a fortune, just go for it ladies!!!!
I have two friends that recently went grey. Both look great. I'd like to try it, but I can't figure out what to do during the transition period .. wear a wig?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Platinum member

I have two friends that recently went grey. Both look great. I'd like to try it, but I can't figure out what to do during the transition period .. wear a wig?..... Quote from Barefoot

Truly... a wig is the best way and the least hassle. My (then long and dyed) hair was dark. (You may remember, I was a hair professional.)

My idea was to try different ways to blend in the demarcation line until my roots grew long enough that I could lop it all off and start my new grey look with a pixie cut.

Casual look was okay, I could wear a ponytail and a baseball cap pulled low on my brow, as the nape of my neck wasn't yet looking too bad.

Work or special occasions was a challenge. For the part, temples or hairline, there are temporary coloring pens, mascara- like brush wands, and shake on powder products that you can hairspray into place. (all available online) They will last until you wash your face or shower. Don't get caught in the rain, however, or caught under harsh lights.

Eventually I gave up that tedious routine and just got a buzz. Shorter than a pixie. Fortunately, everyone was supportive and I took my B Complex vitamins, exercised more and prayed for my metabolism to grow me some hair, pronto. It still took 6 months before I felt comfortable in my girlie skin again.
Did I mention that I also DON"T have the most beautifully shaped head in the world??? (That would have helped!!!!)

Had I to do it again, I'd GET the coolest, most fun wig I could find.... like the one Katherine Zeta-Jones wore in the musical "Chicago". Worth every penny.... and who knows, you might wear it again, after your grey, just for fun!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Veteran member

I just remembered that Spiralina is a good appetite suppressant and food combining (no meat with starch, a fruit separately) always worked for me.

LW8888
Old 12-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
I just remembered that Spiralina is a good appetite suppressant and food combining (no meat with starch, a fruit separately) always worked for me.

LW8888
Can you please explain the food-combining part further?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Re Food combining

I am attaching a link that outlines the process and rational for food combining. It really is a healthy way to eat and you don't have to be counting calories or really limiting the quantity of healthy foods.

Food Combining: The Little-Understood Secret to Optimal Health & Weight Revealed / All Body Ecology Articles

This has worked well for me over the years and although I don't follow it all the time, I do revert back to it when I want to keep the weight down. I also am watching the grains and eliminating sugars, but the food combining can still be done with these restrictions. Maybe that is why we have been staying down and level as we have been doing more food combining lately.

LW888
Old 12-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
I just remembered that Spiralina is a good appetite suppressant and food combining (no meat with starch, a fruit separately) always worked for me. LW8888
Can you suggest a couple of smoothies that would be healthy, and perhaps have a "natural" appetite suppressent like spiralina or guava. I like the fact that smoothies are easy and fast and healthy. However I'm usually still hungry after a smoothie and hoping for a peanut butter sandwich.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

I don't do alot of smoothies because of the dairy, but you can add spiralina powder to a smoothie. There are "green" drinks that use spiralina and can be made into smoothies. I would think that carrot juice and celery juice could have spiralina added. You would have to adjust to taste in all cases. Don't know if that is helpful at all. I use a Vegezyme drink daily from Progressive Lab that has all the greens I need in case I don't get enough veggies into me on a daily basis which is usually the case. You can google it and find out all about it.

LW888
Old 12-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

I make "green smoothies" in the AM. Frozen spinach, couple of frozen peach and mango slices, a few frozen strawberries - ice and some water. You can add dairy, honey too. When I buy bananas, if they get too ripe, I"ll cut them up and freeze them in halfs and add that to the smoothies too. I prefer to use fresh vegs and fruit when I can, but frozen is great too. Dr. Oz has a great recipe. All of these are filling.....and good too !!!

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 12-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
There are "green" drinks that use spiralina and can be made into smoothies. I would think that carrot juice and celery juice could have spiralina added.
LW888
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgephart View Post
I make "green smoothies" in the AM. Frozen spinach, couple of frozen peach and mango slices, a few frozen strawberries - ice and some water. You can add dairy, honey too. When I buy bananas, if they get too ripe, I"ll cut them up and freeze them in halfs and add that to the smoothies too.
Do you add whey protein powder to smoothies?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

I personally do not add protein to the green smoothies but many people do and they like it very much. I know several ladies who have used green smoothies and an exercise program and lost a considerable amount of weight. They make a large blender full in the morning (including the whey protein powder) and have a large glass for breakfast. A small glass of smoothie for mid-morning snack and then the remainder of the smoothie and a real nice salad with tuna or shrimp for lunch. Then they eat a normal, potion-controlled dinner. This and some decent exercise and they loose weight AND feel terrific. Some say their finger-nails are stronger, hair shinier and some people who have followed Dr. Oz's smoothies have said their arthritis complaints are much less. If they travel and go off the "diet" for a week - they say their arthritis flares.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgephart View Post
I personally do not add protein to the green smoothies but many people do and they like it very much. I know several ladies who have used green smoothies and an exercise program and lost a considerable amount of weight. They make a large blender full in the morning (including the whey protein powder) and have a large glass for breakfast. A small glass of smoothie for mid-morning snack and then the remainder of the smoothie and a real nice salad with tuna or shrimp for lunch. Then they eat a normal, potion-controlled dinner. This and some decent exercise and they loose weight AND feel terrific. Some say their finger-nails are stronger, hair shinier and some people who have followed Dr. Oz's smoothies have said their arthritis complaints are much less. If they travel and go off the "diet" for a week - they say their arthritis flares.
Thanks Susi, it's worth a try. I usually find that smoothies just make me hungry, but perhaps adding whey protein will help. I'm sure that having only pure ingredients, especially veggies, would be healthy for anyone.

I always like to try to eat healthy in December, rather than waiting until January and stepping on the scale, and going . Of course I like gingerbread and eggnog as much as everyone else, and that is what makes Jenny Craig rich!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Thanks Susi, it's worth a try. I usually find that smoothies just make me hungry, but perhaps adding whey protein will help. I'm sure that having only pure ingredients, especially veggies, would be healthy for anyone.

I always like to try to eat healthy in December, rather than waiting until January and stepping on the scale, and going . Of course I like gingerbread and eggnog as much as everyone else, and that is what makes Jenny Craig rich!
Oh, rats. Did you HAVE to mention the heavenly combination of gingerbread and eggnog?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.