Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 AM
Angry Magic Hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
I know! I love those hoses...gettin 2 when we go back to Maine. I wonder if they work?
Oh they work...briefly. My husband purchased one of the blue models from the "AS SEEN ON TV" booth @ Marion Market. He used it once and a metal piece inside the hose broke which blocked the water flow. He then got a green one. He used that one briefly as well, until it "blew out", soaking him. We will not get another!

FYI ~ If you ever purchase anything from the booth mentioned above...get a receipt. Long story there...........
Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap View Post
Oh they work...briefly. My husband purchased one of the blue models from the "AS SEEN ON TV" booth @ Marion Market. He used it once and a metal piece inside the hose broke which blocked the water flow. He then got a green one. He used that one briefly as well, until it "blew out", soaking him. We will not get another!

FYI ~ If you ever purchase anything from the booth mentioned above...get a receipt. Long story there...........
I heard from someone that they sell those hoses at Publix. I haven't seen them there myself. They sound so wonderful, but apparently they're very fragile. I haven't heard one positive comment, ever.

I wonder if everything they sell on TV is crap. I wonder about the bra genie.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I heard from someone that they sell those hoses at Publix. I haven't seen them there myself. They sound so wonderful, but apparently they're very fragile. I haven't heard one positive comment, ever.

I LOVE mine. Got the green hose at Walmart. I will say that it is not for he-men with gorilla grip tightening techniques (hose ends are plastic) but for those like me it is the easiest hose I ever worked with. It doesn't get tangled, empties and compresses in a flash when you're done and really does extend to 50 feet when water pressure is on. When empty, I can carry it in one hand. The hose nozzle I use is heavier than the hose itself.
I am in the process of trickle watering new plantings every day. This hose makes that SO easy! Best $19 I have spent in a long time.
Yep, LOVE it.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Thumbs down Bra Genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
My girfriend bought a "bra genie" @ Bed Bath Beyond. She is big busted and it just didn't work for her...too much stretch. Let's just say things were hanging quite low. When she returned it to BBB, a gentleman was at the return counter. He asked if there was anything wrong with it. Her answer, "well not that I'm gonna tell you about!" I thought I would pass out laughing at the expression on his face when he realized what she was returning.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap View Post
My girfriend bought a "bra genie" @ Bed Bath Beyond. She is big busted and it just didn't work for her...too much stretch. Let's just say things were hanging quite low. When she returned it to BBB, a gentleman was at the return counter. He asked if there was anything wrong with it. Her answer, "well not that I'm gonna tell you about!" I thought I would pass out laughing at the expression on his face when he realized what she was returning.
Ah, I didn't realize you could buy a bra genie anywhere but on television. And then returning it would be hell. I kind of suspected that the bra genie wasn't designed for "full figured" ladies. Thanks Gingersnap for the entertaining story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I LOVE mine. Got the green hose at Walmart. I will say that it is not for he-men with gorilla grip tightening techniques (hose ends are plastic) but for those like me it is the easiest hose I ever worked with. It doesn't get tangled, empties and compresses in a flash when you're done and really does extend to 50 feet when water pressure is on. When empty, I can carry it in one hand. The hose nozzle I use is heavier than the hose itself. I am in the process of trickle watering new plantings every day. This hose makes that SO easy! Best $19 I have spent in a long time. Yep, LOVE it.
OK, for $19 at Walmart, I'm willing to take a gamble on a green hose. If it is light and I don't have to drag it around, then I can be very gentle with it. I just have to make sure that Fireboy doesn't use it. Those retired firefighters are hell on hoses.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:33 PM

That's what they say 'bout those boys....
Old 04-18-2013, 05:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
That's what they say 'bout those boys....
And every word of it is true.

By the way billyg, thanks for the recommendation to read "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. I thought it was a fantastic read.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Default Tatoo

All I can say is "Courage Camille" to getting a tatoo. I do not know if I will ever get one, but I have seen many I like.

My Granddaughter just got her second one. Her first one is about 10 inches long and 4 inches wide. It is of a girl with long flowing hair, her second one was to cover up an older tatoo. She has never had complications, but always follows the instructions given to her.

I'll bring the wine to enhance the tranquilizers - brand name of wine will be BAREFOOT.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 05-10-2013, 02:49 PM

All I can say is "Courage Camille" to getting a tatoo. I do not know if I will ever get one, but I have seen many I like.

My Granddaughter just got her third one. Her first one is about 10 inches long and 4 inches wide. It is of a girl with long flowing hair, her second one was to cover up an older tatoo. She has never had complications, but always follows the instructions given to her.

I'll bring the wine to enhance the tranquilizers - brand name of wine will be BAREFOOT.

Vicar of Dibley

Vicar of Dibley
Old 05-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

WAIT.....I entered late and lost the thread of conversation. The Vicar of Dibley is a GIRL????
Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Default Vical of Dibley

Yes, Gracie, the Vicar of Dibley is definitely a woman. A woman who speaks her mind, and never says an ill word about others.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Default Vical of Dibley

Yes, Gracie, the Vicar of Dibley is definitely a WOMAN. A woman who speaks her mind, and never says an ill word about others.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Platinum member

Looks like The Vicar's ditto key is stuck.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Default Tcchie genius

Hi Patty,

I feel like a techie genius, even if I did post it twice, I posted my response.

I did not know what to do after I corrected the post. What ever I did, it showed up twice.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 05-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICAR OF DIBLEY View Post
Hi Patty,

I feel like a techie genius, even if I did post it twice, I posted my response.
I did not know what to do after I corrected the post. What ever I did, it showed up twice.
Vicar of Dibley ... There is an option to edit or delete your posts.

Vicar ... You are a hoot and a crazy woman!! Should I blow your cover and say the name of your previous incarnation?

Love Bare
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.