Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Sage

Oh I am way passed the headache. I gave into that after the first lesson We just spend most of our time eating.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Oh I am way passed the headache. I gave into that after the first lesson We just spend most of our time eating.
You're probably better at games and cards than I am. I had a huge learning curve because I've never played any kind of cards or board games. But I found Mahjong strangely intriguing. There is something sexy about the tiles.

We used to spend all our time eating when we had our games at people's houses. We had to move the games to a Rec Center beside the pool.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
But I found Mahjong strangely intriguing. There is something sexy about the tiles.
Really! I will have to dress a little more provocatively next week...Maybe I will do better.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Veteran member

I don't know how I'll dress when I learn to play mahjong, but I may need a supply of pain killers also. I have my 92 year old aunt's set and can't wait to learn how to play. I am really looking forward to it and with a hand-me down set from someone who used it for years, the pressure is on. Bring on the wine and snacks. I think I need to eat and drink away the pressure. Seriously, I can't wait to play. Hope no one is too, too competitive and impatient with me.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Sunscreen for your face?

I was just wondering what you ladies use on your face for sunscreen and if you use sunscreen daily. Do you have a recommendation for one that doesn't burn your eyes and/or is ok with sensitive skin?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I was just wondering what you ladies use on your face for sunscreen and if you use sunscreen daily. Do you have a recommendation for one that doesn't burn your eyes and/or is ok with sensitive skin?
Try Neutrogenia Face 60+. Remember it takes 20 minutes before you are protected. Wear a wide-brimmed hat. Try to stay out of the "high-sun hours" 11-2. If you are in the sun: REAPPLY sunscreen every couple of hours.

If you want a tan...use self-tanner. The sun damages and ages skin terribly.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 07-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
lovsthosebigdogs, For my face I recently bought Banana Boat Ultra Defense sunscreen stick, SPF 50. It looks like a large stick of Chap Stick. Several years ago I had a bad experience with a sunscreen lotion running into my eyes. Boy did that sting and burn!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:40 AM
Sage

Is Nutrogrena 60 + for those over 60 or 60 is the rating of sunscreen protection?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:15 AM

I use Clinque's sunscreen for face, Broad Spectrum SPF 50. Excellent product, I use it everyday.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Neurtogena 60+ is the SPF rating. The reason I suggested that brand is that it is not "heavy" feeling (meaning people will use it more if it feels good) and very few people complain that it bothers their sensitive skin. I use this everyday.

Personally, I use Anthelois when I golf, its half-life is a bit longer (meaning i can golf 18 holes before I have to re-apply). But I am very, very strident about keeping my face out of the sun. I wear a wide brimmed hat and I wear golf gloves on each hand to avoid sun damage on the tops of my hands. This sun screen is a bit pricier (you can order on line) and it does make your face look a little whitish (thats a good thing).

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 07-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, I really avoid sunscreen on my face, even though I know it's totally necessary and stupid NOT to use it. I just hate that I touch my face and eventually my eyes and the sting and pain is so awful that it discourages me from using sunscreen (although you would think I would remember never to touch my eyes). I'm going to try both of those- the Neutrogena and the Clinique.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Sage

I just wanted to say a public thank you to CFrance.

It's amazing to me the friendships I've made through TOTV, back when I joined the website in 2007, and continuing through today. I've had great luck in meeting some truly wonderful women. As a matter of fact, I'm expecting one of them to visit me in Canada this summer, how great is that!

Some of the people that I consider friends, are people I've yet to meet! There are some women who attract me like a shining beacon, simply because I know that they share my love of animals.

Anyway, the other day I received a card mailed to me in Canada, and a Canadian $10 bill from CFrance, whom I've never met. She was in Michigan packing up her house and she found some Canadian money. And she was kind enough to take pity on me for all my online whining about my July knee replacement. She enclosed the money in a get-well card. What a nice surprise, and such a morale booster, right when I needed it. What a wonderful, considerate friend she is! I can hardly wait to meet her.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Sage

I wish we had a button to click to say we "Like" someone's post. I'd click "Like" for your post @Barefoot.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I wish we had a button to click to say we "Like" someone's post. I'd click "Like" for your post @Barefoot.

ditto....sweet way to say thanks, bf. humbling when someone does something for us that we can't figure out why they did it, except for love.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I just wanted to say a public thank you to CFrance.

It's amazing to me the friendships I've made through TOTV, back when I joined the website in 2007, and continuing through today. I've had great luck in meeting some truly wonderful women. As a matter of fact, I'm expecting one of them to visit me in Canada this summer, how great is that!

Some of the people that I consider friends, are people I've yet to meet! There are some women who attract me like a shining beacon, simply because I know that they share my love of animals.

Anyway, the other day I received a card mailed to me in Canada, and a Canadian $10 bill from CFrance, whom I've never met. She was in Michigan packing up her house and she found some Canadian money. And she was kind enough to take pity on me for all my online whining about my July knee replacement. She enclosed the money in a get-well card. What a nice surprise, and such a morale booster, right when I needed it. What a wonderful, considerate friend she is! I can hardly wait to meet her.
Thanks, Bare! It was a fun bit of serendipity in the midst of a big packing job. And I didn't have to think very long to know whether "to keep or toss" that item. Easiest decision I had to make!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.