Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Have you moved to TV yet? If you're living in TV already, are you going to Gracie's lunch? I'll be sorry to miss it.[/QUOTE]

I have several months to go (arghhh!) still in the process of putting the house on the market and getting it sold. I would LOVE to be at Gracie's for lunch and would definitely extend the invitation to myself (lol), although she is a wonderfully gracious woman who I know would extend it to me. I will think about everyone having fun while I try to whittle through my home and try to forget that there is still a bunch of stuff to get rid of before I am finished here. I feel like I'd like to pack up a couple of boxes and walk out of the rest. I didn't LOOK like a hoarder but I guess I was on some level. Jeez, I have a LOT of STUFF! It will be very freeing to see it all go somewhere. I am very much looking forward to the day when I CAN go. It seems like so much fun to get everyone together. Maybe I'll make a virtual quiche or something )
I have to laugh at everyone's posting about husbans. It's like most of us have the same one that sneaks into each house and acts the same way. Good men who mean well who don't act like US! And I thought I was the only one, lol.
And as for permenant make up, nope, can barely deal with temporary make up! Good luck with it.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post

I have to laugh at everyone's posting about husbands. It's like most of us have the same one that sneaks into each house and acts the same way. Good men who mean well who don't act like US! And I thought I was the only one, lol.
This is a sweeping generalization ....
I often think that men are like dogs: straightforward, anxious to please but often perplexed about what is wanted, happy with a big meal and a soft bed.

I think that women are more like cats: changeable, fascinating, smart, picky, moody, unpredictable, sometimes more interested in playing games than in being cooperative. No wonder men find it hard to figure us out.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:30 AM

Bare, I think you described all the women I know. Men do not realize how lucky they are that we are in their lives.

HB

Vicar of Dibley
Old 09-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
This is a sweeping generalization ....
I often think that men are like dogs: straightforward, anxious to please but often perplexed about what is wanted, happy with a big meal and a soft bed.

I think that women are more like cats: changeable, fascinating, smart, picky, moody, unpredictable, sometimes more interested in playing games than in being cooperative. No wonder men find it hard to figure us out.
Yeah, but mine's not leash trained.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 PM

rofl

Vicar of Dibley
Old 09-24-2013, 04:15 PM

Help! I am looking for a great area day spa. It seems this would be a great place to get suggestions
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsie View Post
Help! I am looking for a great area day spa. It seems this would be a great place to get suggestions
Have you considered Tuscany Spa at LSL? I think you could probably google Tuscany for a list of services and prices. Or perhaps someone can post a link, or make recommendations.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Great! Thank You!!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Sage

I always think it's fun to share recommendations about girly things that actually work! There have been a few threads recently about eyebrow and eyeliner tattoos. I think I may try permanent eyeliner in January, still a bit nervous.

Years ago I was looking for a hair mousse that actually added volume. Over the years, I had purchased so many expensive hair volumizing products from beauty salons, with negligible results. A friend recommended "big sexy hair" which can be purchased in a drugstore in a red can. It's the only product that has ever worked for me.

Anyway, this is a post about a product called StimuLashFusion which I recently purchased, based on rave reviews from friends. It's not mascara, you apply it at night along your lash line after you remove your makeup. I believe it is available internationally. It does not require a doctors prescription, and doesn't come with all the scary warnings that accompanied Latisse when it first came on the market.

The cashier in the store where I bought StimuLashFusion was a huge fan of the product. She had on mascara, and looked as if she was wearing false eyelashes! She used it daily, and her lashes grew so much she had to trim them with scissors so she could wear glasses. A year later, she still uses it once a week and she says she will use it forever! A friend bought it a month ago and she says her lashes are already thicker.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I always think it's fun to share recommendations about girly things that actually work! There have been a few threads recently about eyebrow and eyeliner tattoos. I think I may try permanent eyeliner in January, still a bit nervous.

Years ago I was looking for a hair mousse that actually added volume. Over the years, I had purchased so many expensive hair volumizing products from beauty salons, with negligible results. A friend recommended "big sexy hair" which can be purchased in a drugstore in a red can. It's the only product that has ever worked for me.

Anyway, this is a post about a product called StimuLashFusion which I recently purchased, based on rave reviews from friends. It's not mascara, you apply it at night along your lash line after you remove your makeup. I believe it is available internationally. It does not require a doctors prescription, and doesn't come with all the scary warnings that accompanied Latisse when it first came on the market.

The cashier in the store where I bought StimuLashFusion was a huge fan of the product. She had on mascara, and looked as if she was wearing false eyelashes! She used it daily, and her lashes grew so much she had to trim them with scissors so she could wear glasses. A year later, she still uses it once a week and she says she will use it forever! A friend bought it a month ago and she says her lashes are already thicker.
Sounds like a truly amazing product. Wow, I wonder if I could rub it all over my head! Sure hope I don't do it sleepily one morning and forget in the shower and accidentally rub it all over my legs instead. UGH!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Out of pure curiosity I looked at this posting and I really am amused by it really. I have noticed over a period of time that wives refer to their husbands as " Hubby ".

So on a agreed simple " Trial " period we ( Wife and I ), I referred to her as " Wiffey " and Wiffey referred to me as " Hubby ". It lasted approx. 2+ hours and honestly we went back to our usual honest ways. Now why do you refer to your husband as " Hubby " ?? Really a simple question.?? I really would like to know.

Referring to your husband/wife although thoughtful in this way is a brush off and meaningless sort of like Hi Guy's. My suggestion go back to the good ole days Hi Sweetheart, Hey Hon, Dear, My Sweetheart, etc. but Hubby...come..on used really, once, honestly once , too often. JUST A SUGGESTION
Old 12-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Default Jack

I am really new at this, would like to just talk and see what is going on, when you have the time.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:38 PM

I think you can buy wella products at Sallys hair supply. If you find out what color your hairdresser uses you could bring it to a salon and they can use it on ur hair. Or if you want find out the color and and have someone do it for you. I love wella products they are not harsh on your hair.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tialarre View Post
I think you can buy wella products at Sallys hair supply. If you find out what color your hairdresser uses you could bring it to a salon and they can use it on ur hair. Or if you want find out the color and and have someone do it for you. I love wella products they are not harsh on your hair.
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought you had to have a license to buy wella products. At least, at the Sally's in MI you do.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post
Out of pure curiosity I looked at this posting and I really am amused by it really. I have noticed over a period of time that wives refer to their husbands as " Hubby ".
So on a agreed simple " Trial " period we ( Wife and I ), I referred to her as " Wiffey " and Wiffey referred to me as " Hubby ". It lasted approx. 2+ hours and honestly we went back to our usual honest ways. Now why do you refer to your husband as " Hubby " ?? Really a simple question.?? I really would like to know.
Referring to your husband/wife although thoughtful in this way is a brush off and meaningless sort of like Hi Guy's. My suggestion go back to the good ole days Hi Sweetheart, Hey Hon, Dear, My Sweetheart, etc. but Hubby...come..on used really, once, honestly once , too often. JUST A SUGGESTION
I'd like to take time to respond to your post, but I'm heading out now, golfing with Hubby again today.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.