Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'd like to take time to respond to your post, but I'm heading out now, golfing with Hubby again today.

When I was working, a lot of the younger guys in our office would refer to their wives as "their old lady" as a term of endearment! Never could understand that one.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean1954 View Post
When I was working, a lot of the younger guys in our office would refer to their wives as "their old lady" as a term of endearment! Never could understand that one.

Slightly better than "She who must be obeyed.". lol
Old 12-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackcis View Post
I am really new at this, would like to just talk and see what is going on, when you have the time.

Jack. Why don't you come to the next Crispers meeting which is held on the third Friday of the month at Crispers Restaurant just down a ways from Publix on 466. It is held at three. You will meet a bunch of TOTV posters there. And we can all talk, talk, talk,

And if you are feeling sad, Please talk to your minister or doctor right away.

A lot of us feel sad at times and need to talk. You have recently lost your wife and of course you need to talk. And want to talk.

All of us care.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:02 PM

If this message is coming through, please let me know, kind of new and trying to figure this out. thanks Jack
Old 12-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Default jackcis@aol.com

hello
Old 12-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

Quote:
hello
We hear you loud and clear.

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'd like to take time to respond to your post, but I'm heading out now, golfing with Hubby again today.
It is just as well you Hit the " U " letter instead of the " O " or worse yet the " T " instead of the " H "...
Old 12-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

You'll also see DH--dear husband. That and "hubby" are just faster to type than "husband."
Old 12-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Default redwitch

Hope this goes through, I don't know how to answer a reply, if you are there please just answer so I know it is going through jack jackcis@aol.com
Old 12-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hope this goes through, I don't know how to answer a reply, if you are there please just answer so I know it is going through jack jackcis@aol.com
Jack, the best way to contact Redwitch would be to send her a Private Message. Click on "Community" in the bar above. Then click on "Members List". Type in her name and her profile will come up. You will see a way to send her a PM.

This is a public forum, so everyone reading this thread can see the contents of any message you post.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean1954 View Post
Jean, I haven't heard that expression in years! It used to be quite common. It always made me wince when someone referred to his wife as "the old lady". I think it was meant in a "possessive/affectionate" way, but
Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

On Long island we are having our third accumulating snow in a week. I was trying to think of something positive about the cold. All I could think of is now that I wear pants all the time, I do not have to shave my legs as often.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
On Long island we are having our third accumulating snow in a week. I was trying to think of something positive about the cold. All I could think of is now that I wear pants all the time, I do not have to shave my legs as often.
Always looking for a silver lining, I like that.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Default Non-toxic hair color

Thanks for starting this ladies-only thread!

I searched for "henna" and found some posts from 2008, so nothing more recent. I would like to find a salon that either uses henna hair color products or allows the customer to bring their own product.

The large salons make you use their hair color products. I can see where it's a liability issue, in case they apply your product and you get mad at them if something happens.

I have chemical- and fragrance-sensitivity. Some salons don't offer ammonia-free hair color. I've gone to a few salons that use Redken's Chromatics color, which is ammonia-free. However, it has a fragrance, even when I have the stylist use my fragrance-free shampoo, which I'm allowed to bring in. However, they tell me only their shampoos lock in the color better, which makes sense.

Some other posts stated that gals were concerned about the dye being applied so frequently. I also wonder how that will affect us all, since there have been reports over the years that hair dye can cause cancer. I wasn't entirely gray when I moved here 1-1/2 years ago, and now am all white. I'm not ready to go "au natural" right now, but may have to. I would appreciate any suggestions about non-toxic hair color products.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandG View Post
Thanks for starting this ladies-only thread!

I searched for "henna" and found some posts from 2008, so nothing more recent. I would like to find a salon that either uses henna hair color products or allows the customer to bring their own product.

The large salons make you use their hair color products. I can see where it's a liability issue, in case they apply your product and you get mad at them if something happens.

I have chemical- and fragrance-sensitivity. Some salons don't offer ammonia-free hair color. I've gone to a few salons that use Redken's Chromatics color, which is ammonia-free. However, it has a fragrance, even when I have the stylist use my fragrance-free shampoo, which I'm allowed to bring in. However, they tell me only their shampoos lock in the color better, which makes sense.

Some other posts stated that gals were concerned about the dye being applied so frequently. I also wonder how that will affect us all, since there have been reports over the years that hair dye can cause cancer. I wasn't entirely gray when I moved here 1-1/2 years ago, and now am all white. I'm not ready to go "au natural" right now, but may have to. I would appreciate any suggestions about non-toxic hair color products.
I will be very interested in hearing responses. Some of my friends have gone natural and on them, it looks great. I'm just not quite there yet.

I think we all are concerned about frequent use of hair dye. If there are non-toxic products for permanent color, I'd love to know about them. The only ones I've seen are temporary, and they quickly wash out.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.