Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Default Non-Toxic Hair Color

Hi Barefoot,

Thanks for your reply! I'm hoping that others post to this thread, too.

I used to use something called Water Works that I bought at Sally's Beauty Supply. It lasted about 6-8 weeks, but I wasn't as gray. It's a powder in a package--no peroxide or ammonia, and turns into a gel after you add water to the powder. Once I became more gray/white, it was too difficult for me to apply it by myself, especially in the back. I don't want to trouble hubby to be my stylist, nor does he want to be! :-)

I asked several salons if they would use this product on me (if I provided it), but they're not allowed to do so. Surprisingly, many local salons don't offer ammonia-free hair color. For the past year, the stylists have applied Redken's Chromatics, which is ammonia-free. I have tried other color products and stylists, and haven't found the perfect match yet.

Recently I was at Lake Nutrition Center, the health-food store in La Plaza Grande. They have a book for ordering HerbaTint (ammonia-free), but I'd like to see the actual package, read ingredients, and see the hair samples. I called HerbaTint's toll-free #, and the gal said that's available at Whole Foods Market. The closest one is in Orlando, so I'm thinking of making a trip there. Also, there's an organic hair color called NaturTint that's ammonia-free.

Gail
Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Sage

Does anyone know where I can buy a faux fur vest? I don't want to drive to Ocala or Orlando ... has anyone seen the vests sold locally?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Default girl talk

I saw a fur vest in tj maxx about a month ago, it was very pretty {rolling acres]
you could always look online
good luck
Old 01-22-2014, 09:48 PM

You should consider Davines hair color Its truly organic. It uses soy bean extract, instead of bleach or other similar harsh chemicals. I've been using it, and have fallen in love!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerbaby View Post
I saw a fur vest in tj maxx about a month ago, it was very pretty {rolling acres]
you could always look online
good luck
Thanks for the suggestion Boomerbaby. I never thought of tj maxx. I'll look online.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Sage

Has anyone used the skin care products advertised on television by Debra Messing and Valerie Bertonelli?
Website Meaningful Beauty | Cindy Crawford Anti Aging Skin Care Products.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Has anyone used the skin care products advertised on television by Debra Messing and Valerie Bertonelli?
Bare, is this the super melon product from the south of France? I haven't tried it, so I think YOU should try it and report back to us! lol Remember, we want 'before' and 'after' pictures, too!

I love those late night TV ads!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 02-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Bare, is this the super melon product from the south of France? I haven't tried it, so I think YOU should try it and report back to us! lol Remember, we want 'before' and 'after' pictures, too! I love those late night TV ads!
Yes, that's the one .. super melon product from the south of France, renowned skin doctor recommends, blah, blah, blah. Those TV ads are so entrancing. After all, Valerie Bertonelli, Debra Messing and Cindy Crawford wouldn't lie to us because they are being paid. Or would they? Hmmm.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Yes, that's the one .. super melon product from the south of France, renowned skin doctor recommends, blah, blah, blah. Those TV ads are so entrancing. After all, Valerie Bertonelli, Debra Messing and Cindy Crawford wouldn't lie to us because they are being paid. Or would they? Hmmm.
Ha Ha! Of COURSE they wouldn't lie to us. Although Valerie B. is looking pretty darn good these days!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Default BAD HAIRCUT Tuscany Beauty Salon

Hi,

I used Tracey at Tuscany to cut my hair.

She did a very bad job. After she cut my hair it did not fall into place, nor was it cut evenly. It looked more like it was chopped off. The unevenness was quite noticeable after I washed it.

When I had left the salon after she styled it - you would not know how bad the haircut was, it wasn't until the first time I washed it that I could see how uneven it was.

I did call Tuscany, and the gal who answered the phone listened to what I had to say about the haircut, and then asked if I would like to make another appointment.

I was very disappointed.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 02-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
I always think it's fun to share recommendations about girly things that actually work! There have been a few threads recently about eyebrow and eyeliner tattoos. I think I may try permanent eyeliner in January, still a bit nervous.

Anyway, this is a post about a product called StimuLashFusion which I recently purchased, based on rave reviews from friends. It's not mascara, you apply it at night along your lash line after you remove your makeup. I believe it is available internationally. It does not require a doctors prescription, and doesn't come with all the scary warnings that accompanied Latisse when it first came on the market.
Further to this post recommending an eyelash enhancer, I just visited an ophthalmologist. I was having a problem with my upper eyelid, purple, swollen and tender.

He diagnosed me as having a blocked tear duct so now I'm doing hot and cold compresses, antibiotic drops, etc. It's the first time in my life I've ever had a blocked tear duct. Could it be connected with the eyelash enhancer? Hmmmm. Another product on my discard list, just in case.

I guess it doesn't pay to fool with Mother Nature.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Default girl talk

Quote:
Further to this post recommending an eyelash enhancer, I just visited an ophthalmologist. I was having a problem with my upper eyelid, purple, swollen and tender.

He diagnosed me as having a blocked tear duct so now I'm doing hot and cold compresses, antibiotic drops, etc. It's the first time in my life I've ever had a blocked tear duct. Could it be connected with the eyelash enhancer? Hmmmm. Another product on my discard list, just in case.

I guess it doesn't pay to fool with Mother Nature.

There will always be a group of people who will have a bad reaction
To certain products. Sadly, I am one of them. I tried an eyelash
Enhancer and woke up with blurry vision. It was very scary.
I stopped using the product immediately and my vision returned
To normal.

Back to lash lengthening mascara for this girl.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastsunshine View Post
There will always be a group of people who will have a bad reaction
To certain products. Sadly, I am one of them. I tried an eyelash
Enhancer and woke up with blurry vision. It was very scary.
It is very scary when cosmetics cause problems. It makes me realize that this "growing old gracefully" thing has certain advantages.

It's why I hesitate to get a little tattoo of a butterfly. Mother Nature may not approve.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Default False Eye lashes

Hello - I have eye problems and am very careful what I use and do not use.

I just want all of you to know that I appreciate you being the control test group for this product. LOL

I will once again try false eye lashes. Since I only see out of one eye, one set of lashes goes on fairly straight - the other - I am ready for clown alley.

I will look for a place that will put them on me.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 02-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICAR OF DIBLEY View Post
I will once again try false eye lashes. Since I only see out of one eye, one set of lashes goes on fairly straight - the other - I am ready for clown alley. I will look for a place that will put them on me.
Please let us know if you find a place that does eyelash extensions. Although that probably involves chemicals or glue. I really don't want to cause my eyes any more problems.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.