Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Girl Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/girl-talk-11767/)

Barefoot 02-15-2008 02:50 AM

Re: Girl Talk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
Boomer do you have the "recipe?"

I think it was the WALTONS show that had the sisters on it and the "recipe" that everyone liked.

This is one drink I know I will like - it is high in calories and has a creamy texture. You guessed it, I am not, overly fond of dry red wines.

So heres to :beer3: :beer2: in the wrong glass - the Administrators I think should add wine or champagne glasses also. They probably just thought of their own favorite drink.

I feel sorry for all the TV'ers and wannabees who do not come to this site - they do not know what they are missing.

So to all my sisters I raise my glass of Choclolate Martini with a large splash of Baileys.

Hyacinth Bucket

Hi, you're here, I'm so excited!!

Hyacinth Bucket 02-15-2008 04:19 PM

Hi, WE MADE IT. In spite of ice storms and every other weather system.

Rode through the main street of Ocala and there is a Merle Norman there.

Now have to unpack.

See you all later.

HB

beady 02-15-2008 04:25 PM

Glad you made it, HB 040 040.
Hope to see you at Crispers. Forget the unpacking ,come meet all the TOTV peeps.

samhass 02-15-2008 04:37 PM

Hi HB, we're thankful you had a safe trip to TV.

Donna 02-15-2008 04:45 PM

HB,
So glad you mad it safe and sound...See ya soon..

Have a great time at the luncheon :bigthumbsup:

Hyacinth Bucket 02-16-2008 02:50 AM

Hi Everyone, It was so wonderful meeting all of you. It just felt so good, that I have no words to express what I am still feeling.

You are all so warm, friendly and outgoing - feel like I have known you my whole life.

To all of you who came and to all of my sisters who were unable to come I think you are one of the most fantastic group I have the honor of knowing.

Hyacinth Bucket

redwitch 02-16-2008 02:52 AM

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Hyacinth Bucket 02-16-2008 02:56 AM

I had one of my most embarrassing moments today. Felt like a Country Bumpkin - no offense meant.

We just found out we have a major problem with the house, someone from the Water Department came out immediately. Since he was so knowledgeable about plants I asked him a couple of questions, perhaps more than a couple.

I pointed out the lemon tree and asked what we could do so that we could get lemons next year. I told him that the previous owners said there were none this year. He looks at the tree from about 30 feet away and says you have lemons. He then proceeded to walk over to the tree and showed me the lemons and all the blossoms on the tree.

I was speechless. Did not know what to say.
Anyway that was my day. We have 8 lemons on the tree.

HB

samhass 02-16-2008 03:22 AM

Dear HB,
Having citrus trees in my yard is one of the joys of living here. I have a mini orchard and I love it!! For lemons I have the Ponderosa and the Meyer. The Meyers are wonderful.
The lemons and limes that I have are everbearing. How cool is that???

Barefoot 02-16-2008 03:33 AM

Samhass
Obviously you're the one to answer my stupid questions. (We don't have citrus trees in Canada.) :dontknow: We have a key lime tree and a grapefruit tree that have had fruit ever since we arrived in October. Is there a specific time of year to pick fruit? The limes were green but are now yellow (but still seem to be fine when I occasionally pick one). Should I have picked everything by now? Duh.

Also, the leaves look a little spotty. Do citrus trees have to be sprayed regularly?

Thanks.
BF

beady 02-16-2008 04:37 AM

Samhass:
I am as curious as Barefoot about care and feeding of fruit trees. We are about to do some re-landscaping and I would like some fruit trees. Would you share what you know and the success you have had with your mini-orchard? :bow: :bow:

Barefoot 02-16-2008 07:57 AM

I must also say, Samhass, that you are very pretty. Now that I'm old I can say whatever I think. (I always feel a compliment from another women is even better than from a man.)

Barefoot 02-16-2008 03:38 PM

I checked out Urban Hair in Oxford yesterday, I think I'll book with them next time.
They do have wella hair colouring. Looks promising.

beady 02-16-2008 03:53 PM

I have been going to Root 466(at Southern Trace). Was very happy with my first cut. When I returned 4 weeks later and made some suggestions I could tell the stylist was stumped. The cut I got was not what I wanted , but not a total disaster. Yesterday I had my hair highlighted and I like the results but I have come to a conclusion about Root 466. They are all new hairstylists, maybe just out of the academy and not yet totally confident. That's understandable but I do not want to "participate" in their learning curve.
Next stop? Maybe Urban Hair. Anyone have any other suggestions.
Oh, how I miss my guy Derek up in NH. :'( :'(

islandgal 02-16-2008 04:31 PM

beady -
Don't know if you are into razor cuts, but I have found the best guy in years for my bob-type style. I am sure he would be good at all styles. He has experience in Europe and LA and moved here to be near his parents in Ocala. It took two years for me to find someone I like here.
Kevin@
Salon Saint T - located in the plaza on 441 where Sears and Isabella Restaurant are.
245-2000
Good luck....