Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Susie.

I agree with you. I try to pencil in my brows, and even that much color is too much with my fading skin and lighter hair. I would hate to see a tattooed eyebrow in ten years, if that is what permanent color is...Is that what it is?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
I have not used it but I have read...can't remember where... so maybe a medical journal...or could have been Ladies Home Journal that it is not a good idea. The reason they sited is that as we age things begin to move...so the look changes and eyebrows etc may end up not looking so great due to sagging. Well like I said not sure of my source. Just another thought on the topic. Will be interested to hear others responses.

Susie
I can see where having the eyebrows done could present a problem as gravity takes over and sagging occurs. Heck, the way my face has begun to sag, I'd be afraid what started out as eyebrows today would closer resemble a mustache 10 years down the road.

I definitely would consider having a little bit of eye liner tattooed on, however, and it is on my to-do list.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Ohmygosh! This eyebrow thing is getting scary.

Today -- Lovely eyebrows

Tomorrow -- Turning into the Frito Bandito!

Advice -- Just wear bangs.

Boomer
Old 11-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettiboop View Post
I can see where having the eyebrows done could present a problem as gravity takes over and sagging occurs. Heck, the way my face has begun to sag, I'd be afraid what started out as eyebrows today would closer resemble a mustache 10 years down the road.
BB, now that is funny!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Sage

Boomer,

You make a great point about the bangs. I have worn bangs almost my entire life, well at least since I knew how to pull them down, and I have never plucked an eyebrow or used eyebrow pencil. Im not even aware I have eyebrows. What a great time saver!

I suppose when they start sagging below my nose I will have to do something about them, but until then..... easy peasy!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Boomer,

You make a great point about the bangs. I have worn bangs almost my entire life, well at least since I knew how to pull them down, and I have never plucked an eyebrow or used eyebrow pencil. Im not even aware I have eyebrows. What a great time saver!

I suppose when they start sagging below my nose I will have to do something about them, but until then..... easy peasy!

Hi Nonie,

Me, too. Been wearing bangs all my life. And I bet you have noticed something else about that, in addition to not having to think so much about eyebrows....

Have you ever noticed how good the skin still looks under those bangs? If you have never noticed, go take a look in the mirror. My forehead is at least 20 years younger than the rest of me. All those years of a built-in sun screen. Who knew?

Boomer
Old 11-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi Nonie,

Me, too. Been wearing bangs all my life. And I bet you have noticed something else about that, in addition to not having to think so much about eyebrows....

Have you ever noticed how good the skin still looks under those bangs? If you have never noticed, go take a look in the mirror. My forehead is at least 20 years younger than the rest of me. All those years of a built-in sun screen. Who knew?

Boomer
Boom, you are funny! I have also noticed that my forehead is definitely 25 years old under my bangs. But sadly, it is the one part of my body that no-one sees. They just see the bits that look like my grandmother.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Polly's Pantry

Went with some friends to an adorable little place in Wildwood for lunch today. It is called Polly's Pantry and a wonderful English couple own it. They
serve delicious lunches and teas, great place for a girl's day out. The website is www.hopeinyourheart.com

Last edited by PR1234; 11-04-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: website correction
Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Tongue-in-cheek warning to women....

WARNING TO WOMEN!!

Some of you may have already been warned of this.....

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs.

Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My bum was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier.

But my new bum was attached at least three inches lower than my original! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favour of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched.

One morning I was drying my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time.

What could they do to me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the world wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic ' surgeons are using REAL replacement body parts -stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

P.S. Last year I thought some one had stolen my Boobs. I was lying in bed and they were gone! But when I jumped out of bed, I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.

Thought this was too 'important' not to pass on. Have a wonderful day - with a joy filled heart.

P.P.S. - These same thieves went into my wardrobe and shrunk my clothes! How do they do it????

Just thought you should know.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
WARNING TO WOMEN!!

Some of you may have already been warned of this.....

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs.

Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My bum was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier.

But my new bum was attached at least three inches lower than my original! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favour of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched.

One morning I was drying my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time.

What could they do to me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the world wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic ' surgeons are using REAL replacement body parts -stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

P.S. Last year I thought some one had stolen my Boobs. I was lying in bed and they were gone! But when I jumped out of bed, I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.

Thought this was too 'important' not to pass on. Have a wonderful day - with a joy filled heart.

P.P.S. - These same thieves went into my wardrobe and shrunk my clothes! How do they do it????

Just thought you should know.
Barb, I always laugh when I read this, especially the part about oatmeal thighs and boobs hiding in armpits. I just love living in a retirement community. So at the pool, we're all in the same shape!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Platinum member

It's true! This is not a hoax. It happened to me.
Beware!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Sage

On a new topic .. does anyone know where I can get a shingles shot? Not available in Canada yet.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Sage
Talking Hahaha!

Yes Bare! At Shingles "R" Us! Why on earth are you worried about the Shingles??? Nutjob! Worrying about the Shingles will give you the Shingles! Hahaha!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Gold member
Talking

Actually, I am going to have the vaccine myself. I had chickenpox as a child and that puts me in the group that can get shingles because the virus never leaves your body and can re-occur as singles. That is a very painful condition.....
But that doesn't change the fact that Bare and Chels are "nutcases" Hahahaha
Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady View Post
But that doesn't change the fact that Bare and Chels are "nutcases" Hahahaha
Beads, I agree ...... LOL!!!!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.