Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Sage

PTurner, hows that diet going?

I've been away from The Villages for six month and will be returning soon. (yay). I'm just wondering if anyone knows the best place to get a professional facial.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Sage

Hi Bare,

I'm just reading your message. Yea! You are returning to TV soon! I'll PM you when I'm coming down and hope we can finally meet!!

I haven't lost additional weight since my high school reunion-- but haven't gained back any either. It has been stressful these last few weeks with the unexpected loss of my Dad. I'm home (ATL) now after some weeks with my Mom helping her with her difficult transition.

Thanks for asking. It gives me motivation to get back to healthier eating and exercise-- and hopefully being able to report back good results.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Bare,

I haven't lost additional weight since my high school reunion-- but haven't gained back any either. It has been stressful these last few weeks with the unexpected loss of my Dad. I'm home (ATL) now after some weeks with my Mom helping her with her difficult transition.
PT, I know you're going through a stressful time and I congratulate you for not gaining weight. When I was stressed, I used to lose my appetite. Of course that was 100 years ago. Now it is the opposite and I crave comfort foods. And yes, we will meet up this winter for sure.

Back to FACIALS .. someone out there must know a good place to have facials.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Sage

OK, someone out there in cyber land must have a recommendation for facials. Puhleeze? If not, I guess I'll just have to try a dermatologist or day spa. But I rely so much on recommendations.

Oh, by the way, I have the name of a person who does hair colour, he is supposed to be marvelous and very reasonable.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Sage

I wish I could help you out Barefoot. Has anyone tried Tuscany Day Spa and Salon at Lake Sumter Landing? Their website makes it look like it would be a really nice spa.

http://tuscanydss.com/Tuscanydayspa_salon.php
Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 PM

What is so "girly" about sushi???
Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I wish I could help you out Barefoot. Has anyone tried Tuscany Day Spa and Salon at Lake Sumter Landing? Their website makes it look like it would be a really nice spa.
http://tuscanydss.com/Tuscanydayspa_salon.php
Thanks BK. That website does look nice. I think I'll treat myself to one of their facials when I arrive.

I also got another suggestion (via private message) from a fellow Canuck. How nice! It was a suggestion to try Dana at the Wellness Center. But perhaps staff has changed - I think the Wellness Center has been sold?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by algi45 View Post
What is so "girly" about sushi???
Real men eat quiche.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
OK, someone out there in cyber land must have a recommendation for facials. Puhleeze? If not, I guess I'll just have to try a dermatologist or day spa. But I rely so much on recommendations.

Oh, by the way, I have the name of a person who does hair colour, he is supposed to be marvelous and very reasonable.
Wooo! I should check into TV more often Bare, I need a hair coloring person and you need a facial recommendation!

If you wouldnt mind a little trip to Mt. Dora,(and who wouldnt?) at my daughters shop there is a wonderful lady who has been doing facials for 25-30 years. She does everything from popping pimples, removing black and whiteheads to relaxation facials.

Ok now i need your hair color person!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Angry

Hi Ladies-
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this however, I'm hoping some of you will have the answer. I have been struggling with Plantar Fasciitis for 2 years only to find out I have post tibial tendonitis as well. Have any of you had this? Do you have any advice on shoes, orthothics? Any help is greatly appreciated. If you think I should post this under general topics, please let me know. I am soooo miserable and want to get out and do things!!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Sage

LisaJ, I don't have any advise, just sympathy for you after reading about your ailments. It sounds very painful.

Have you done things that caused lots of impact on your feet, like areobics, running or perhaps from a job?

After reading about plantar fasciitis and post tibial tendonitis, it sounds like the ptt was caused by the plantar fasciitis...maybe how you've favored that leg when you tried to walk.

I hope someone can help with a suggestion to ease the pain.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:49 AM

Hi B-
Yes, it is from my job. I am a realtor (from Naples), and was on my feet alot. I took 4 months off this summer hoping that would help. It didn't. I've been to several doctors however, I have found the people of TOTV to be sooo knowledgeable and helpful that I thought I would reach out for help. Thanks so much for your kind words.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Dancing Thyme

I had Plantar Fasciitis from dancing so much in the wrong shoes and I was in soooo much pain and I didn't want to have any surgeries because I've heard horror stories about them. I went to All About Feet on 466 near Bargains & Treasures and that man was a miracle maker. He sold me some orthothic (sp?) innersoles for my existing shoes and also sold me a set of "MIRACLE" shoes that instantly cured and stopped my pain. That was about 6 months ago and I haven't had a problem since. The shoes were about $70 and I use them all day long in the house but don't wear them dancing as they are slipons and I can only dance in closed shoes, but my shoes with the innersoles have been working great. If you want more about this store, I will look for his card for you. I call him the Miracle Worker as I was in so much pain. Good Luck!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Gold member

I had plantar faschiitis about 4 years ago for probably over a year. Extremely painful, and not only when you are walking, as you know if you've ever had it. Sometimes you're just sitting on the couch when pain shoots thru your heel/foot/leg.

Family doctor referred me to a podiatrist. I also had a heel spur, which I think is common. Took naproxen twice a day for about 2 mos (no longer took it ONLY when I had a flare-up) and also got a cortisone shot in the heel. Can't remember which order I did that in.

Podiatrist recommended orthotics but I didn't get them since I love wearing sandals and didn't like the looks of them in sandals. Maybe the specialty shoe store can do a better job there.

If the PF had persisted I would have tried them (orthotics). I think I also would have tried acupuncture and reflexology, but didn't need to in my case (so far).

Threw out all shoes except ones that have very good arch support - Merrell's are my favorite. Hardly ever wear heels. Liked the way Born felt but have had 2 soles crack and they only have a 1 year warranty and shoe repair can't repair their soles. Thanks for the shoe store recommendation, Kathie - will stop in when I get to TV in November.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Sage

Hi LisaJ,
The only thing that helped my PF was orthotics. But be warned. Most of the brands sold in supermarkets and drugstores, including Dr. Scholls, make the PF worse! To relieve PF, orthotics must be rock hard and have arch support. Spenco is the only store-bought brand I've seen that works. Sounds like KathieI found another one at the All About Feet store she mentioned. (Can't wait to check it out when I'm there!) I have a custom pair ordered and fitted by my orthopedic doctor. They work great, but it does limit the type of shoes I can wear. If I wear sandals for any extended time (sans orthotics), I pay dearly.

Best of luck to you. I hope you find relief soon!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.