Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Eternal Member
Wink Girl Talk: Real Men!!

It's a shame there are so few "Real Men" left that women have to turn to wine for a support system!
Men should be ashamed they've become so self-absorbed they don't know what being a "gentleman" really means!

A Real Man.............

A real man is a woman's best friend.
He will never stand her up and never let her down.
He will reassure her when she feels insecure and comfort her after a bad day.
He will inspire her to do things she never thought she could do...
To live without fear and forget regret.
He will enable her to express her deepest emotions and give in to her most intimate desires.
He will make sure she always feels as though she's the most beautiful woman in the room and enable her to be the most
confident, sexy, seductive and invincible.

No..wait......sorry.......I'm thinking of wine.
It's wine that does all that.........
Never mind !!!!

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:58 PM

I had my hairdresser go to Sanibel Island with me one year and it was fantastic!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:59 PM

It must have been Mountain Valley Red Wine. I bought mine in The smokies!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Sage

I was reading the thread that someone started about botox. And how botox injections could possibly be causing muscle atrophy in other parts of the body. I really doubt it, because botox has been around a long time. But .. I used to think that cigarette smoking wouldn't hurt you!

I had a friend that had liposuction, a gal in her 40s. She died on the way home from the hospital from a blood clot. Any surgical procedure has some kind of risk.

And I was musing about beauty treatments and the price that women are willing to pay for youth enhancements. It is really hard to deal with flab and wrinkles and know that you're not just having a bad day, that looking like your grandmother is a way of life! I know we should all be grateful that we're alive and reasonably healthy. And not agonize about the bags and sags.

Anyway, I started thinking about "quick and easy" facelifts .. I'm not sure of the correct name. You walk into the doctor's office and without surgery, you walk out an hour later looking like a teenager. Someone told me the other day that with the "quick and easy" facelifts, they run a thread through your face and it has barbs on it to pull the skin tight. And now some people are having the barbs come through the skin on their face. Yikes!!

There is absolutely no point to this post. (Unless you know of a skin cream that makes your skin look like a baby's bum! ... please post the name here).
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I was reading the thread that someone started about botox. And how botox injections could possibly be causing muscle atrophy in other parts of the body. I really doubt it, because botox has been around a long time. But .. I used to think that cigarette smoking wouldn't hurt you!

I had a friend that had liposuction, a gal in her 40s. She died on the way home from the hospital from a blood clot. Any surgical procedure has some kind of risk.

And I was musing about beauty treatments and the price that women are willing to pay for youth enhancements. It is really hard to deal with flab and wrinkles and know that you're not just having a bad day, that looking like your grandmother is a way of life! I know we should all be grateful that we're alive and reasonably healthy. And not agonize about the bags and sags.

Anyway, I started thinking about "quick and easy" facelifts .. I'm not sure of the correct name. You walk into the doctor's office and without surgery, you walk out an hour later looking like a teenager. Someone told me the other day that with the "quick and easy" facelifts, they run a thread through your face and it has barbs on it to pull the skin tight. And now some people are having the barbs come through the skin on their face. Yikes!!

There is absolutely no point to this post. (Unless you know of a skin cream that makes your skin look like a baby's bum! ... please post the name here).
Oh Barefoot, I know.

I once looked into having my eyelids done. I figured if I found the right surgeon, at least I would not end up with that look of perpetual surprise. But then I chickened out anyway. The idea of elective surgery, especially near my eyes, was something that I managed to talk myself out of.

I have wondered about brow lifts, too. Maybe I could get the same effect though by using duct tape under my bangs. Do they make duct tape in skin tones? If they do not, perhaps they should.

I have found that the best way to make my skin look wonderful and young is to look in the mirror while not wearing my contact lenses or my glasses.

And if you lie down on your back and look in a hand-mirror, the sagging goes away. You can take yourself right back to the 1970's, no problem and it costs nothing.

One thing that I seriously do believe in though for skin is the use of sunscreen. My daily moisturizer and makeup have sunscreen. But that is not exactly a news bulletin. We all know about sunscreen.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-03-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Oh Barefoot, I know.

One thing that I seriously do believe in though for skin is the use of sunscreen. My daily moisturizer and makeup have sunscreen. But that is not exactly a news bulletin. We all know about sunscreen.
Oh Boomer, yes, we all know about sunscreen NOW! But where were you when I was 16? Where were you when I was mixing iodine and baby oil and baking in the sun all day long in my itsy bikini?

And now the damage is done and it is irreversible.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Uh, Barefoot, that was me sitting right there beside you.

I had a couple of terrible burns though and that made me stop.

Although, then I took up slathering on that stuff -- what was it called??? I think it was Q-T. (I think somewhere in this thread -- where we have all been talking for nearly 3 years -- we did our Q-T confessions once before.)

I remember going to an amusement park on a date when I was 16. I had used that evil stuff the day before so I could be sure to appear so glamorous. I looked like I had rusted and I had not rusted evenly either. With that and my Cleopatra eyeliner and my teased hair, I was such a vision of loveliness.

Boomer
Old 12-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Veteran member

For sagging skin what has worked great for me for years is a small chip clip on the back of my neck; and with long hair, no one has a clue.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Sage

I always hoped for something that resembled Pebbles Flintstone's hair that could just be cranked up tighter and tighter as needed to pull facial skin tighter.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Give it up girls..... It's all in the genes. Feel good about yourself "inside" and you will look beautiful "outside" as well.

Any kind of age-enhancing surgery is such a risk that I wouldn't dare try it. Like Jane Fonda, Joan Rivers, Melanie Griffith, et al. YUK

See your "wrinkles" as character lines and wear them well.

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 12-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Sage

It's just that I'm having a harder time getting my wrinkles and character lines to look decent in my genes Barb!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
It's just that I'm having a harder time getting my wrinkles and character lines to look decent in my genes Barb!

Dunno my friend. Maybe you could try a bubble bath with an additive of Preparation H, yes? No? Seems to help the bags under the eyes disappear.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Sage

I see character lines, too. Why do other people look at us and see wrinkles.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

And darn it, most men DO look better with age. Not fair, not fair a-tall.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Eternal Member

Women overweight are "fat" and overweight men are "portly." Hmmmm

Women!!!! Rebel..... and insist that overweight women are "Reubenesque."

I like that.

Pollyanna

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.