Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2011, 04:09 PM

This may sound funny, but I have very fair skin and have to use protection against the sun. I cannot stand the feeling of anything greasy on my face. I take PABA capsules, open then and mix them with an aloe gel I get from The Vitamin Shoppe. No greasy feel with all the protection against the sun at an affordable price.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Ladies, start your DVR's..........

You might already know this, but just in case......

Tonight at 10 on NBC "Harry's Law" begins. That is the new show with Kathy Bates. My DVR is all set. It is on opposite "Castle" -- for which the DVR is perpetually set.

Also, "Hot in Cleveland" starts a new season on TV Land this coming Wednesday, January 19th.

Also "Damages" is on again. The character Patty Hewes, played by Glenn Close, makes her wicked Cruella DeVil seem like Mary Poppins in comparison. The complexity of the Patty Hewes character is fascinating, but I find myself wondering if the writer even understands the character or is just waiting to see where she goes. I like the show, but I have to close my eyes sometimes and ask Mr. Boomer to tell me when it is OK to open them. Too scary in a few scenes.

So anyway, let's hear it for the girls -- of a certain age -- starring in some good shows.

Boomer (your TV Guide for a winter evening or two)
Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default The morning after......

Oh my goodness.....I am following myself in a thread....here I am revealing.....that......here I am......

Last night, I regaled you with a listing of my recent DVR settings. And here I am now. once more. pathetically, redundantly sharing my dreary winter excitement over the upcoming return of "Hot in Cleveland." So anyway.......

Betty 'White was just interviewed on "Good Morning America" and I just had to let you girls know that Mary Tyler Moore will be on with Betty on the opening show.

Now, for those of you who I just know are out there rolling your eyes and thinking that I need to get a grip on my boundless excitement over television shows, I have to tell you that you need to cut me a little slack.....

The reason?

Well, Mr. Boomer has a Man Cold and has had it since Saturday.

I have been taking good care of him, forcing him to swill orange juice (Tropicana -- Lots of Pulp) and I serve him meals in bed. He has been alternating between watching the Military Channel and the DVD set that I got him for Christmas. "Benny Hill: The Complete Megaset --The Thames Years 1969-1989."

Mr. Boomer is a big fan of Benny Hill. Although I prefer Monty Python, I must admit that I got lured into joining Mr. B to watch a couple of the skits yesterday. The Brits do humor best -- I do believe.....

And speaking of that wonderful British humor....I know this is a TOTV repeat because I posted it a long, long time ago, but here it is again...."The Man Cold."

Boomer Nightingale

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6DktXFvg4[/ame]
Old 01-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryGoRound View Post
This may sound funny, but I have very fair skin and have to use protection against the sun. I cannot stand the feeling of anything greasy on my face. I take PABA capsules, open then and mix them with an aloe gel I get from The Vitamin Shoppe. No greasy feel with all the protection against the sun at an affordable price.
I have super fair skin also - and Rosacea - I like 55 (or might now be 65 or 75) Neutrogena Dry Touch sunscreen - doesn't feel greasy. I get it at Sam's but I think it's in every drugstore everywhere.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer;323748

Well, Mr. Boomer has a Man Cold and has had it since Saturday.

And speaking of that wonderful British humor....I know this is a TOTV repeat because I posted it a long, long time ago, but here it is again...."The Man Cold."

Boomer Nightingale
[url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6DktXFvg4[/url]
I feel for you Boom. Fireboy has also had a Man Cold for a week. A long, long, long week. Love the U Tube video.

I didn't watch Harry's Law but I hear it's a great new series.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Harry's Law

Another winner for writer David Kelly et al

Watched our recording of Harry's Law and it was fantastic!! Kinda like Boston Legal where there's serious business with a bit of comedy thrown in. I do believe that David Kelly is a genius writer. Kathy Bates and company ensemble was terrific; great casting.

If you miss any tv shows, movies, etc, they eventually play on HULU; just search HULU it will appear.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Veteran member
Smile Any one want to try this?

http://www.stylelist.com/hair-salons..._lnk3%7C196688

Or This?

http://www.stylelist.com/hair-salons..._lnk1%7C196688
Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I stopped watching when I saw the pink hair and leopard print on the shaved area of her head. Not a good look pour moi.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Sage

I'm looking forward to watching my first episode of Harry's Law tonight. I hear from everyone that it is great. Nice to see older women in key roles. Yay! I tried to get Episode 1 on Hula, but somehow it knows I'm a Canadian and it won't cooperate with me.

Whalen, that pink hairstyle with the leopard spots would look great on you and make quite a stir at the Town Square!

PS: Mrs. K-9, how are the robellini twins doing with all this cold weather?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Default Harry's Law

I watched it on NBC http://www.nbc.com/harrys-law/video/pilot/1270056/
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Bare, the Robelli Boys are doing well, considering the weather. Some of the fronds are brown, but there are still some green parts and I know when the weather breaks, the new green baby fronds will appear. We have devotedly covered them each and every cold night with a night light inside to keep them warm and cozy. They look so pretty in my yard -- thanks again for being so generous!

Are you enjoying your new landscaping?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Hulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm looking forward to watching my first episode of Harry's Law tonight. I hear from everyone that it is great. Nice to see older women in key roles. Yay! I tried to get Episode 1 on Hula, but somehow it knows I'm a Canadian and it won't cooperate with me.
Daaaahlink......the word is HULU not HULA

My ancestors were from Canada....and HULU let me in! Get with the program, luv....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 01-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
Daaaahlink......the word is HULU not HULA

My ancestors were from Canada....and HULU let me in! Get with the program, luv....b
It works so much better when you have the correct link ... Thanks Barb, I'm with the program.

I've watched Episode 1 and half way through Episode 2 and I like it a lot!

Sent from my iPad
Old 01-24-2011, 10:33 PM

So glad there is a girls thread, yeah. We just moved here, moved in last week. LOVE IT! Where is a good place to get a good haircut?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyO4123 View Post
So glad there is a girls thread, yeah. We just moved here, moved in last week. LOVE IT! Where is a good place to get a good haircut?
Judy, welcome, pull up a chair and join us. I can suggest some popular places for haircuts, but you'd probably want somewhere close to your home. If you tell us The name of your Village, The girls will post some suggestions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.