Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
See it just for the hunk attack!!!!!
OK, I have no idea what this post is about.

But I sure would like to know? Hunk attack .... sounds promising!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I know that hair cuts have been discussed, but would like to ask if there is anyone anyone would recommend for a short cut, ie Dorothy Hammil. Want to keep lots of hair, just want it short off my neck with a really good cut. We will be moving to TV full time, and would like to find someone there. Thanks.

Pat
Try Cindy at Pizzazz 750-0528, she does mine and it's a darling short style. Of course I change it a little all the time just to keep her on her toes. She's been doing hair for over 20 years and knows her stuff. Great color too. Most people are surprised that it's a dye job and not my natural color. I can't remember my natural color......but then I can't remember a LOT of stuff. Seriously, you won't leave her with a typical "Villages" hairdo.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post

Those smoothies taste better without the protein powder.
K-9, I know you're the smoothie expert in the crowd. I always loaded my smoothies with protein powder because I thought mega protein helped to suppress the appetite.

But you're saying smoothies taste better without protein powder. I'm looking for a smoothie that satisfies my appetite for a few hours. Can you give me a suggestion for an easy-to-make basic smoothie?

I've been using almond milk, protein powder, frozen strawberries, 1/2 bannana, sometimes yoghurt or spinach ... but after I have a smoothie, I just want another one! Maybe I need some of those battery operated cigarettes.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Sage
Default Cal's Full Service Hair Salon for women

Just saw an ad in today's Daily Sun for Cal's "Full Service Hair Salon" at Spanish Springs on Del Mar Dr. ("check out our newly remodeled salon"), offering color, foils, waxings, etc., and they're a Paul Mitchell salon.

I don't know if they've had this full-service salon for awhile or if these women's services are new there. Does anyone have experience with women's color and cutting there? If so, is there a particular stylist you'd recommend?

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Sage

I had a friend visiting in March who was interested in having botox or a filler and returning to work "refreshed". At that time, there were helpful comments, especially from Uptown Girl and LisaJ. She decided she didn't have time for the treatments. She got me interested in the subject of fillers and botox poison injections. There is so much information out there, both negative and positive. Obviously anyone in the entertainment has had extensive treatments.

I'd love to hear some first-hand information. I know there are tons and tons of girls in TV who are having injections, it is a plastic surgeon's heaven. But some gals don't want to talk about it openly. Even on Girl Talk, where guys aren't allowed. So .... Does anyone know anything about this subject? If you don't want to post on it here, perhaps you could PM me? Great, thanks.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Hi Bare-
After watching and listening to my friends share their experiences with botox and fillers, I decided to give it a try. I am pleased with the results however, none of my friends seemed to notice. I was hoping someone would say "you look great" or "have you lost weight?" The botox only lasted for 3 months and is about a $1000 a visit. The fillers cost about the same however, they do last longer. To maintain the botox I would need to go at least twice a year. That would mean about 3k a year to maintain the fillers and botox. For me, that is quite expensive. I'm wondering if in the long run a facelift would be less expensive. However, I am always afraid I will end up looking like a martian.

Would love to hear about others experiences.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJ View Post
Hi Bare-
After watching and listening to my friends share their experiences with botox and fillers, I decided to give it a try. I am pleased with the results however, none of my friends seemed to notice. I was hoping someone would say "you look great" or "have you lost weight?" The botox only lasted for 3 months and is about a $1000 a visit. The fillers cost about the same however, they do last longer. To maintain the botox I would need to go at least twice a year. That would mean about 3k a year to maintain the fillers and botox. For me, that is quite expensive. I'm wondering if in the long run a facelift would be less expensive. However, I am always afraid I will end up looking like a martian. Would love to hear about others experiences.
Bravely done Lisa, thanks for sharing.

Did you find the botox and fillers to be painful? I've heard that the thick kind of filler can be a bit painful, but I have friend who gets botox and she doesn't even feel the needle at all. I'm not sure if I'd pay $3K a year to avoid looking like a granny. I guess I might if it came with a "guarantee". I just struggle with the whole idea of vanity when there are people who don't even have clean drinking water. Still, injections aren't any more sinful than buying unnecessary shoes!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Gold member

A good friend of mine has fillers redone every year or so (I think that's what she said)...she looks great! I asked the doctor about getting it before I went on my last cruise, they said to wait because there can be some bruising. Heck, if I could, I'd have everything nipped, tucked, sucked out, tied up and spray painted. (ok, maybe not the paint part! )
Old 08-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Sage

Here is a PM I received .... in confidence. It is from someone who has had a lot of experience in working with injectables. She provided some very good information .. this is just one paragraph from her note:

"I don't mind fillers so much because most like
Juvederm are made from Hylaruonic Acid which
the body makes on its own. They usually
last from 9-12 months depending on your own
body chemistry. Always get someone who
has been trained to inject as it is kind of like
the wild, wild west. Anyone
can inject and that is where you will run into
problems."
Old 08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
A good friend of mine has fillers redone every year or so (I think that's what she said)...she looks great! I asked the doctor about getting it before I went on my last cruise, they said to wait because there can be some bruising. Heck, if I could, I'd have everything nipped, tucked, sucked out, tied up and spray painted. (ok, maybe not the paint part! )
Trish, thanks for the honesty! I'm still laughing about the nipped, tucked, sucked out and spray painted!

Now that I'm asking friends questions, I'm finding all kinds of people who will privately admit "off the record" to having had injections, it's amazing. I had no idea. The women I know who have had injections have been pleased. One friend swears by Arnica (homepathic) to eliminate bruising. She says you also have to avoid Vit E, Aspirin, Alcohol, anything that thins your blood. (For 48 hours prior to injections).
Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Gold member

ok..you had me until you mentioned the 48 hour alcohol issue...that's TWO WHOLE DAYS!!! Just kidding...
Old 08-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'd love to hear some first-hand information. So .... Does anyone know anything about this subject? If you don't want to post on it here, perhaps you could PM me? Great, thanks.
Hi Girlfriends!

I am a newbie and hope to be moving into St. James by November. Two months ago, I had a lower face and neck lift. I have also had a filler with botox injected between my brow area above my nose to fill a deep frown line.

The work was done here in the Baltimore area so I can't recommend a Plastic Surgeon in TV. My goal was to look refreshed and well rested. When my PCP saw me yesterday, she said I look like the same me only a little younger. That was exactly what I had hoped for.

They were running a special for the injectables - one vial of the injectable, one vial of botox and a free package of Latisse cost me $800. The filler should last for a while but the botox will need to be injected again in about three months.

Latisse if you are not familiar with it is applied nightly to the eyelash area. It helps you grow longer and darker eyelashes in 16 weeks. I have only been using it for about four weeks and I can tell a difference.

I am willing to answer any questions anyone has.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Gold member

question...the commercial mentions brown pigmentation in the eye....that made me afraid to try it since I have blue eyes and I'm not sure how this possible side effect would affect my eyes. Did your Dr. address this?
Old 08-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Gold member

I know 3 women who had full face lifts. On two of them, I really didn't notice a whole lot of difference. They were somewhere in their 50s. Honestly, I could only tell a small difference, and one said if she had had any idea of the amount of pain involved, she never would have done it.

The 3rd one just looked totally different. She was also in her 50s. She was not a close friend that I saw every day, but I did see her across the table at cards or at social things occasionally, probably once a month or so. Then I moved to a different city and didn't see her for a year or so, during which she had her face lift. I did not recognize her the next time I saw her - she looked that different! She was a person who had very delicate, redhead-type skin that was more than usually wrinkled for her age (early 50s). She fixed that, but it took everyone a while to get used to her new appearance. I will see her next week for 2 solid days, and she's not shy talking about it, so I'll report back if I get any new info.

Then of course, there was the write (Olivia something)? I think the one who wrote First Wives' Club. She died, remember? Surgery always has risks. I guess if you can afford botox and/or fillers, it's safer, but there are still sensational stories about failed procedures.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:02 PM

Bare- Thank you for the compliment! I know women don't really like to share about the botox and juvaderm. However, I believe we can all learn from each other. No, the botox and fillers don't hurt. You are a little bruised (makeup will cover it). The problem is the botox wears off in 3 months and the cost of keeping up the botox gets expensive.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.