Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Sage
Default Re: Girl Talk

wiw1819,

What does the razor cut do for the hair versus the scissors cut. I am very curious because when I was much younger (uhummm) I had a razor cut and I loved it. The best haircut I ever had.

I may just go to your hair guy. I never have my hair cut because I am always disappointed in the results but this definitely caught my attention. Thanks.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Thank you all around...

Barefoot,

I don't know if I ever thanked you for starting all this. -- so if not, I want to sincerely say thank you.

Other women are the only ones who can truly understand how we are about our hair color.

That morning, a week or so ago, when you started all this, I truly was trying to get away from my computer. But instead, I jumped in immediately with my question about where to find Wella.

And, lo and behold, before 10:00 AM, that very day, Donna had come to my rescue with her post, offering not only a connection to the product but also the advice of an expert.

It is wonderful to have professional hairdressers among us here because they well know the ins and outs of the business.

So anyway, thank you, to all of you who have guided me on my quest for the perfect hair color, so far from home. It seems that Wella Wonderland also exists in TV. I had to give up while I was there. Who knew? -- all I had to do was ask on TOTV.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Eternal Member

Nonie -
A razor cut is layered, especially good for straight hair. You only have to brush it dry - easy - if you have the right cut. (Katie Holmes just had a razor cut bob - unfortunately, mine doesn't look like that!!!!, but whose does?!!!)
Anyway, I think with Kevin's experience, I would give him a try. He is great about giving his recommendations if you ask for them.
Let me know if you do give him a try.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Noni,

Just my 2 cents on this..If a razor cut is done by a hairdresser that is not proficient in his/her field, it will look like a chopped up mess, especially on straight hair...

When you have curly hair, the mistakes are easy to cover up...NOT on straight hair...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Eternal Member

Donna - How well I know that.

I've had a few disastrous razor cuts since I have been here. When you ask in a shop if there is anyone who can do a razor cut, they always say yes. When I saw the write up in Style Magazine about Kevin and his razor cuts and his previous experience, I called and have been so pleased.

I forgot, you have a shop so you should know, for sure!!!!

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Soaring Parsley

wiw1819,

Thank you for the name of someone who keeps up on techniques for cutting hair. Razor cuts can be great.

I also never thanked you for linking that "Man Cold" thing into the other thread about "Why men..." when I asked for help. I am glad you liked it. It always makes me laugh.

I wish I could figure out what the last remark the paramedic makes to the wife is and about what the husband says he wants with his soup. I think he wants to watch something on TV. I can't catch what they are saying in those two spots. I love British humor, but sometimes I can't quite pick up all of it.

Anyway, thanks.

Boomer
Old 02-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Eternal Member

Boomer - Thank you.
You are not losing your hearing!! I have played "Man Cold" over and over and can't understand him. I also sent it to personal friends and have received hilarious comments from them.

Maybe someone else has been able to decipher it??

Old 02-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw1819
Boomer - Thank you.
You are not losing your hearing!! I have played "Man Cold" over and over and can't understand him. I also sent it to personal friends and have received hilarious comments from them.

Maybe someone else has been able to decipher it??
My daughter sent that to me. It is really making the circuit with her generation.

Maybe this is the beginning of another quest and someone will finally be able to tell us what those last couple of lines are.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw1819
Kevin@ Salon Saint T - located in the plaza on 441 where Sears and Isabella Restaurant are.
245-2000
Wiw
I'm due for a hair cut and I'm definitely booking this week with Kevin. :#1: Thanks SO much for your suggestion.

I'll post here how my haircut goes. If I see you at the Town Square and I'm wearing a hat, probably not so successful!

Hey, it always grows back.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
Someone mentioned menopause earlier and I am wondering, just how friggin long does it take for this to be over, lol! I am driving myself bonkers and everyone else too, for which I totally apologize. Help!!

I have a friend who has been having vicious hot spells for 25 years. Many friends who experience some discomfort, mostly at night, causing insomnia. And others that have sailed right through and hardly noticed. Chocolate, caffeine and red wine are supposed to be verboten, but a gal's gotta have some fun! I'm so used to dressing in layers I just do it automatically! ;D

Mood swings? Who knows if they're caused by hormones, or perhaps just seeing yourself and your friends age, and time flying by. HRT helped a lot, but then we discovered it was baaaaad for you. Herbal remedies work for some people, but most of my friends have tried cohosh, red clover, etc., with no success.

I think it is so individual! But perhaps talking to older females that are related to you would provide some clues as to what you can expect. Be kind to yourself, and good luck with it. It's not fun driving yourself bonkers.

Been there, done that
BF
Old 02-17-2008, 03:08 AM
Gold member

Hi, I used Evening Primrose Oil - it helped quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

HB
Old 02-17-2008, 03:47 AM

I have been on estrogen since I started with terrible hot flashes and night sweats. It's been a life saver. I know all the controversy with estrogen...........but my doc and I weighed the pros and cons (I have no breast cancer in my family - and I do have osteoporosis very close in the family) - and we decided that, for now at least, I would take the estrogen. Each person's picture is different. If you can find a herbal help, go for it.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:20 AM
Sage

Dear Barefoot, All I can say is a heartfelt thanks for your kind compliment. Thanks!!
As for the citrus. I take a spray bottle filled with water,dish detergent and a little bit of canola oil and spray every 3-4 weeks . I use about 8 oz of water/ 2 T dish soap/ 1T oil. I buy citrus fertilizer at Walmart and just follow the directions. The lemons and limes are filled with the most delicious smelling blossoms right now. Oh...don't mulch the roots of your citrus. I'm told they do not like it.
Oh I do love it here. Deb
Old 02-17-2008, 05:24 AM
Sage

And another thing..The Salon Academy has some decent haircutters. I used Shannon and was very pleased. I will go back.
I also had a manicure. The paint chipped within 24 hours.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

And those at the TOTV luncheon know I LOVED Shannon!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.